It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't star or flag, or post pics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

That was easy. Now, there's only about a 30 second lag time to post here. Much better than the whole freeze up thingy I was having earlier.

Do me a favor and give yourself an applause for your excellent contribution to this thread.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thanks, I appreciate that
and I'm glad it worked for you....

I've really become a fan of PM....when updates become available, you can go to their forum and there's an explanation....FF is just too big and impersonal anymore....

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Hmm

Fresh install of firefox, never been installed on this machine. No addons, plugins or anything. FF 26. Hardware acceleration is turned off.

Windows 8.1 RTM. All I have done is install it, turn off the setting you mention, go to ATS, log in, find your post and hit reply.

and it's sluggish as all get up typing in here, the letters are appearing delayed after I hit them

Chrome just under it. 0% -- eta - also wioth a reply-to windows open.

don't mind the stratum_proxy or minerd, they're always running and meant to cane the CPU. but firefox shouldn't be taking over 40% just to post a reply.

Bare in mind this is a NEW install of windows, has never had firefox on it. I upgraded from the preview. And the OP is on windows 7.

?!

edit on 12-12-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Try the Pale Moon browser DTOM posted on the previous page. Its working a LOT better than FF for me so far and looks almost exactly the same.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

And what happens when you put FF in safe mode?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join