It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanobot Animation: Prion Disease in Action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) is a degenerative brain disorder caused by misshapen brain proteins. In the early stages, symptoms often appear similar to those of other dementias, making CJD hard to diagnose. Although a rare disease, it affects approximately one in one million people worldwide and invariably proves fatal.

The video animation tells about CJD, and shows how the disease works. I just think this approach is quite interesting - fusing art and science. Here's the profile-ad from "Nanobotmodels," a company in the Ukraine.

Nanobotmodels (www.nanobotmodels.com) was established in 2007 with the goal of developing highly innovative, digital graphics to depict actual and conceptual technologies via the synergistic fusion of art and science. The still nascent, yet prospectively powerful discipline of nanotechnology is poised to radically transform medicine, engineering, biotechnology, electronics and myriad other sectors in the relative near-term. Hence, visionary artistic renderings that portray various aspects of this exciting nanofuture will be beneficial in facilitating a clear understanding of its fundamental concepts to a broad demographic.

Nanobotmodels generates imaginative and engaging state-of-the-art nanotechnology and nanomedical illustrations and animations. Any prototypical component, device, system or far flung concept that might be conceived of can be translated into captivating and colorful photorealistic animated or static renderings and presentation materials…. We bring them all to life for you!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Amazing how it is able to spread and the animation IMO was worth a look.

Thanks for posting; reminded me of an alien sea with critters everywhere.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If an invading force wanted to systematically and quietly take over an entire planet, whether to kill everyone and everything off, or re-engineer or terraform a planet to enable a very different life form to take over, this would be the way to go. Perfectly covert.

While we build bombs, this could be going on under our very noses and there would be no defense.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

I've heard and read that prions are not alive. But after watching that presentation and if it is acurate, it makes me think otherwise.

That presentation was actually a bit more creepy than most horror movies in my opinion. Scary stuff.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I read this a few days back on science daily. I couldn't track down what the pharmacoperones were so I could find an alternative chemistry in nature. It may work on the damage prions create.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the video and information. I found the video presentation fascinating to say the least.

On a side note: Had there been these types of videos and graphics showing and explaining how all of this worked when I was in school I think I would have paid more attention than I did and may have chosen to go into medicine, bio engineering, micro bio etc.

S & F

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

...Had there been these types of videos and graphics showing and explaining how all of this worked when I was in school I think I would have paid more attention than I did and may have chosen to go into medicine, bio engineering, micro bio etc.

Thanks and GREAT point. I wonder if these guys are collecting testimonials.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I've heard and read that prions are not alive. But after watching that presentation and if it is acurate, it makes me think otherwise.

That presentation was actually a bit more creepy than most horror movies in my opinion. Scary stuff.

Naw. It's cool. Life is scary!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

soficrow

Naw. It's cool. Life is scary!

Life is scary, but also full of fun and adventure. Kind of like a rollercoater ride. It has it's ups and downs. But a "thing" that kills that is technically not alive but yet still replicates...that's kind of scary to me. Especially with the symptoms that it also provides. They're like little Nazi terminators.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

...a "thing" that kills that is technically not alive but yet still replicates...that's kind of scary to me. Especially with the symptoms that it also provides. They're like little Nazi terminators.

I know what you mean - but I focus on the idea that prions are just an evolutionary mechanism so it's not so scary. ...Not to freak you out even more - but have you seen this thread?

On the Road to Dementia: Inflammation, Prions, Myositis and Fibromyalgia

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I'll have to look into it tonight. Everytime I read your threads on prions, I end up all over the medical side of the web.

I'm no doctor nor a scientist, but knowledge is always good.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Sofi.. your prion threads are probably the most important threads on this board.. and should be everyone's concern.

Just a little note.. wait till you get to the part of WHY its all epidemic and why now and why add GMOS to the mix. The key is in our food , they know it, and its too expensive to retool the system. Why? Thats the most devilish thing I have ever thought on.

As usual, I really look forward to you getting this info out there! I am afraid that a lot of folks dont realize that reading and actually understanding the implications of your threads is very much like looking a loaded gun in the eye..

ETA.. this is the REAL doom everyone is looking for in comets, meteors, and earthquakes. Maybe thats why they run from it and push away the knowledge of it.

edit on 13-12-2013 by Advantage because: clarifying my paranoia.. LOL!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

...reading and actually understanding the implications of your threads is very much like looking a loaded gun in the eye..

EEUUUWWWW! Chanting, "Knowledge is power Knowledge is power Knowledge is power Knowledge is power Knowledge is power Knowledge is power Knowledge is power Knowledge is power."

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

PS. Scroll down to the "Stop Inflammation" headline on this thread's OP: On the Road to Dementia: Inflammation, Prions, Myositis and Fibromyalgia

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

soficrow

PS. Scroll down to the "Stop Inflammation" headline on this thread's OP: On the Road to Dementia: Inflammation, Prions, Myositis and Fibromyalgia

Ahem.. Im like one of those sneaky online stalkers. Everything you write on this subject Im definitely stalking.. silently. Already read it.. and even referenced it in a convo off board.

Scary aint it? I blame my foldy bendy undead zombie prions... BRAAAIIIINSSS!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

RE: foldy bendy undead zombie prions. Gotcha. I'm outta here!

Naw - thanks.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

...wait till you get to the part of WHY its all epidemic and why now and why add GMOS to the mix. The key is in our food , they know it, and its too expensive to retool the system. Why? Thats the most devilish thing I have ever thought on.

Need to know YOUR thoughts on this (already know what I think/have written). Another take would be good.

Thanks, sofi

top topics

join