It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drone mistakes Wedding Convoy for Al Qaeda; 15 dead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
US citizens mistake Obama for a real Leader of the Free World...

2nd

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You're right, it is some person(s) who have no regard for human life but nobody here cares, and they wont until a mother driving her children to school is murdered by one of these things, and even then will the news even talk about it?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by coastlinekid

Why blame us citizens and Obama that is a fairly ignorant response

If it were truly a free world you would believe that one may be free to lead himself and not be constrained to choose there type of freedom and vote for others based on similar ideas or choose not to vote and be further constrained by the similar ideas of millions option A option B fantasy. Free world is autonomous and self governing to the individual not to an imposed leader of a nation with invisible borders. America is different because freedom was granted to America by an undefined creator, my freedom doesnt come from citizens or Obamas I was born with it into a world that was already borderless. Just my opinion though

Being free also means you can choose if your a drone pilot to drop it or not citizens and presidents and I doubt soldiers there made them do it, if it was truly a wedding convoy I dont believe anyone would call in an air strike under duress
edit on 12-12-2013 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm going to say that they INTENTIONALLY murder civilians. A good way to eliminate members of a population you don't want around is through the excuse of war.

A few months ago, a drone strike in Afghanistan killed 40 something people at a wedding, also reported on this site.

You think the troops US soldiers fight down there are simply evil terrorist who don't want you to have any of the awesome freedoms? Nope, probably some 18 year olds who are thoroughly pissed about there family getting gunned down or blown up for no reason, especially when their village and encompassing area doesn't house any terrorist.

How many more incidents of murder will go unreported. I say this is only one of many. Too many.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Congratulations America, in trying to kill a couple of terrorists you now have most likley created another 100 more from the vengfull familys of the inocents you killed.

Great work there guys !

Bet your glad to see your tax money at work.
edit on 12-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
it's not an 'error' or a 'mistake'. it's murder.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Winning a war means having an objective and finding the means to achieving that objective.

What's the objective of America?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I only have one more thing to add to the main points that have already been made, and that is that this is an act that is so blatantly and grotesquely criminal that I feel that any law-maker that had voted for the legislation to allow this to happen should be on trial for Treason, and potentially Crimes Against Humanity. Generally I am resigned, but this makes me angry. I have never advocated a violent revolution, but this travesty indicates to me that we are past the tipping point and it is inevitable. I hope I live to see these evil bastards twist in the wind for this. Ban me if you want.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I honestly don't know. It seems to be world domination.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by beezzer

I honestly don't know. It seems to be world domination.

That's what I was afraid of.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Why? Do you not agree?
edit on 12-12-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

it's almost like a video game, i wonder how the integration of reality based war games impact the mindset of people

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

I think you missed my point and instead got hung up on my use of a well-known description of the office of the President of the United States...

My point is that we elected this President (supposedly) and he is ultimately repsonsible for the actions of our military...U.S. drone policy lay squarely at the feet of Obama... imo, killing with drones in other countries we are not officially at war with is not reflective of the spirit of this country...Obama even jokes about drones..

www.youtube.com... Ha Ha so funny...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I'm curious to see if the major news networks report on this, or will they sweep it under the rug?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ironically Rand Paul was supposed to make a 13 hour maid of honor speech that day.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by beezzer

Why? Do you not agree?

Oh, I agree. It's just that I was hoping I was wrong.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Whats up with US/drones targetting weddings, then calling it mistaken

Seriously?! Target al-Qaeda = target DC

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

beezzer

OpinionatedB
reply to post by beezzer

Why? Do you not agree?

Oh, I agree. It's just that I was hoping I was wrong.

Me too...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

It is ironic you say about that, as a matter of fact the us military has been for a long time using "video games" of their own design to train troops in a place (yeah its a facility on a base IDK how many bases or branches use them) called the ISMT and of course we all know about realistic flight sims for pilots. I think many call of duty kids would change their tune really quick if they signed up for the infantry when they realize they arent going 26 and 1 Kill death ratio in Iraq. I am sure the effects on civilians are alot different though, considering the player actively engages targets in the same manner we are talking about it probably desensitizes them to the point where things like the tragedy being discussed here can become moot to players more then likely younger ones if any.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by coastlinekid

I apologize, sometimes context is hard to read, and point made.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join