It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson: Letting lesbians in your house might turn your kids gay

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Fair enough. Kids can be influenced by their surroundings, no denying that. I think I follow what you are saying here. So no worries. And no need to debate something as simple as what you stated. And its right, its not religious. But when Pat brings it up, he will try to make it some fire and brimstone epic.

But just walking into a home with gay people, will not make kids gay. That is a little over the top, and is not true what so ever. But kids can be influenced, yes. Yet I do not know any gay folks, who would try to make any kid, "gay", just by being in their home.
Even kids that grow up around gay people, are not made into gay people.
There are to many stereotypes about those "flaming" types.

And even other gay people see those flaming types as ridiculous. That is not how a large percent of people act. Only the attention seeking jerks, who would be jerks, gay or not.

But I think kids are smart enough to make their own choices.
Just like dungeons and dragons. A kid kills someone with a broadsword, and we blame D&D. The kid already had issues to begin with. We all have choices, even kids.
So at the end of the day, influence only goes so far. But the point is.
Being in a house with Gay people, will not make visiting people gay too. That is my personal opinion.
Or having a gay person over to dinner, will not infect you with some gay sickness.
Its just silly to remotely think gay can be spread like some disease.
edit on 15-12-2013 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
There is an old saying...

Only the good die young.

Pat Robertson is like 100 years old.

I rest my case.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

JohnPhoenix

Yes, the people who are turning this thread into a gays vs Christianity thread are Stupid. The issue really has nothing to do with religion.
edit on 15-12-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

When a statement comes out of Rev. Pat Robertson's mouth....it's about Christianity and religion.

Talk about stupid!!!

What do you think REV. Pat is? A plumber.....
edit on 15-12-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

FatherStacks

Lazarus Short
So what happens when you let Pat Robertson in your house?

Your property decreases in value.

-
edit on 15-12-2013 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

(oops)
edit on 15-12-2013 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

FatherStacks

Lazarus Short
So what happens when you let Pat Robertson in your house?

Your property decreases in value.

As does your IQ.

Poor Pat. He has a thing for gays, doesn't he? Hmmm...

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

WRONG AGAIN.

PAT and other intrinsic Christians have done more to remove "color barriers" around the world than all the pontificators on ATS put together. Sheesh.

Your biases are showing as you castigate someone else's

. . . biases.

I realize that ONLY YOUR BIASES ARE RIGHTEOUS, SANE, RATIONAL, HIP, COOL, MODERN, ETC ETC ETC YADA YADA YADA

/sarc

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Provide me some example of Rev. Robertson doing just this...not that it would justify any of his homophobic rants, that is. Don't go on and on about others' biases when your is so CLEARLY obvious.

You are right about my biases, however.

l o l

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Pat's OPERATION BLESSING has helped millions all around the world--including gays, Hindus, atheists, whoever was hurting.

His CBN covers all the overhead for OPERATION BLESSING. 100% of the donations to OPERATION BLESSING reach the end users. And they do not discriminate about the values of those in need.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Letting Pat Robertson into your house, or on your television, might lower your kids IQ.
edit on 17-12-2013 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

BTW, y'all go on and on about Christians' biases

WHEN y'all's are brazenly trumpeted as supremely righteous, rational, modern, pure, educated, etc. etc. etc.

Now you fuss when others stand up for their biases.

Impressive.

Not.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Believe it or not, I watch CBN News on a regular basis. Usually, I find it to be loaded with good, informative content. Other times, I can't believe what comes out of Pats mouth. I've watched him on T.V. since the 80s.

I don't have a thing against Christians. I have a thing against ignorance and discrimination.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Calm down.
I was referring to YOUR biases.
YOUR personal biases.

I am a Christian.
If you are as well, then please act like one and try to listen to what others have to say before going rogue.

Just because someone has an issue with Pat Robertson, doesn't mean they have an issue with Christianity as a whole.

That attitude is, for lack of a better word...
BIASED.

I still haven't seen any examples of how he bridged the divide when it comes to race relations...that you so heavily defended. As far as I'm concerned...Pat Robertson is just another talking head.

I've watched the man since I've known how to walk.
This isn't the first controversial thing that he's said.
What he said was the EXACT opposite of Christian morals.
What say you now?
Hopefully, something of content...Y'all.
edit on 17-12-2013 by AFewGoodWomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Also cause down syndrome

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Here's a good example of Pat's

CHRISTIAN MORALS:

www.ob.org...

www.ob.org...

How does your giving to desperately needy folks around the world stack up to his achievement of $3.3 BILLION--that's what totally reached the end user.

Have your great lofty morals in such matters doubled that? Tripled it?

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Same thing that happens when you invite any vampyre in, I'd imagine.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Seems like those good ole Christian morals pay pretty well. I seem to remember the Jesus if the bible being of no fixed abode and mostly walking everywhere......

“Robertson lives on the top of a Virginia mountain, in a huge mansion with a private airstrip. He owns the Ice Capades [Pat Robertson's International Family Entertainment Inc bought Ice Capades In February 1995 from Dorothy Hamill for $10 million], a small hotel, diamond mines (in Zaire), a vitamin company (Kalo Vita) involved in a multi-level marketing scheme along the lines of Amway, and until recently, International Family Entertainment, parent company of the Family Channel … all estimated to be worth between $150-200 million”. [85]

www.inplainsite.org...-Robertson

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

How does your giving to desperately needy folks around the world stack up to his achievement of $3.3 BILLION--that's what totally reached the end user.

Wow, really? He didn't do it on his own or even use his own personal money. People like my great-grandmother, who sent him several 100s of 1000s of dollars, are deserving a little credit here. Hell, I should get some credit, too. After all, I did suffer a smaller inheritance to the benefit of the desperately needy folks.

Pat is a really good intentioned, honest guy. I believe. He is better than the dude who had the air conditioned dog house, for sure. Pat's only downfall is how he tightly clings onto his antiquated world view.

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The question you must at least ask yourself before you believe this is, could i turn you Gay? could i turn you into a Drag Queen? if i could you were open to that anyway

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

So does Rev. Pat have some inside knowledge as to a diabolical virus that infects children and turns them gay?

Yes,

he is still in the closet,

however when he was young I believe his mothers friend came over once only later to found out she was gay.

He has these feelings and cannot understand why until it hit him,

OH yeah I remember when Martha, mums friend came over that summer.

It was the next summer when she told mum that she was gay,

I must have caught the virus then and is now taking affect.

He will either come out soon and shock the world or commit suicide because of his sinful ways.

I don't have any kids but you can't be to careful; it might just happen to adults as well. I guess Ive been lucky so far because my gay friends haven't affected me or my GF; thank God!!!

Ye never know,

you should get your self checked up.

I have my booked for tomorrow

idiots like this, such wise men with such wise words and views.

Gas release from body has more intelligence

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I had a lesbian bite me once? Does that mean Im going to turn into a gay?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?! O wait thats zoombies never mind.

Was you bitten in ur House?

Its all about the house, invite them in and suffer the consequences.

But to kill a lesbian you have to drive a stake into there hearts right?

You are catching on,

well at least to the tune Pat is playing

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

The right to free speech seems to be something the GLBT folks cannot seem to get their head around.

Not the GLBT folks but folks in general,

Sorry if you agree that being gay is a disease or virus one catches.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join