It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Kim Jong Un's uncle has been executed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Source

PYONGYANG, North Korea - North Korean state media say Kim Jong Un's uncle has been executed, calling the leader's former mentor "worse than a dog".

I guess most of us saw this coming following the removal of Jang Song Thaek from all his posts and even photos by having him photoshopped out.

This country is mad.

edit on 12/12/13 by angryhulk because: external content edit

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Deleted from history! Just like in 1984 - I guess the man was doubleplusungood.

Kim Jong himself is only "Un"good.
edit on 12-12-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by angryhulk

So is this the same guy from the other day who was removed or is this a guy commenting on that event and now he has been executed?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

gotta love those strong family ties.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
He reminds me of the crazy Roman emperor Nero. Expect to see things get even crazier. I know at some point he will want to be an actor on the stage.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Taggart

So is this the same guy from the other day who was removed or is this a guy commenting on that event and now he has been executed?

This is his uncle, who was removed from all his posts. He has now been executed. Sources are currently pointing towards corruption being the reason for his recent demise.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is what happens when you let a kid rule. Leftists always call themselves "progressive" but the longer they are in power, the more they regress and the more barbaric things get.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

Agree. Don't you find the current political transparency within NK a little odd? It seems Kim Jong Un is allowing us a glimpse inside to deliberately provide justification for his ongoing reform. Very wierd.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

angryhulk
Source

PYONGYANG, North Korea - North Korean state media say Kim Jong Un's uncle has been executed, calling the leader's former mentor "worse than a dog".

Nothing quite like having the relatives over for the Holidays and executing them............

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Are you really that ignorant that your calling the north korean goverment leftists... i feel sorry for you... but with that avatar i guess nothing less could be expected

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
When one of our enemies does it, it's an execution.

When we do it, it's an "accident".....a covert wet job with all kinds of lies, misdirection, and media cover-ups.

I'm not an NK supporter, but at least they're honest when they eliminate someone.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Leftists always call themselves "progressive" but the longer they are in power, the more they regress and the more barbaric things get.

And right-wing authoritarian states are any different?

Left-wing / Right Wing makes no difference, it's all dogmatic bollocks.

Everyone's condemning this without knowing any of the facts - maybe, just maybe, the old man was actually corrupt?

Don't get me wrong, I have no love or sympathy for the North Korean regime but trying to apply even a modicum of objectivity and impartiality at this point would not go amiss.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Iqarus

...i feel sorry for you... but with that avatar i guess nothing less could be expected

Yada, yada, yada - there's always that one group which cannot be criticized in spite of war-mongering and genocide...barf. I think his avatar rocks! Not wanting to derail the thread, I will say no more.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Jang was executed on Thursday shortly after a special military trial, the agency reported, after committing such a "hideous crime as attempting to overthrow the state by all sorts of intrigues and despicable methods with a wild ambition to grab the supreme power of our party and state".

The announcement comes days after Pyongyang announced that Jang had been removed from all his posts because of allegations of corruption, drug use, gambling, womanising and generally leading a "dissolute and depraved life".

Source

Drugs, gambling and being a sleeze. If you can get away with it it's not a bad lifestyle if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

I guess you would LOL

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
"Corruption." Nonsensical propoganda. Un is following the dictator playbook to a 'T.' His uncle was considered something of a reformer (at least by NK standards.) He publically denounced the last atomic weapon test. He probably disagreed with Kim the younger one too many times (from mentor to embarressment by a child growing into his own).

A very public humiliation and execution (to the world) is Tyrant 101. Take out a "big dog," consolidate only your most trusted (and fearful) around you, and any dissent or even thoughts of such a thing, quickly dissapate. Un is setting himself up to rule for a very, very long time.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Freeborn

And right-wing authoritarian states are any different?

Left-wing / Right Wing makes no difference, it's all dogmatic bollocks.

Everyone's condemning this without knowing any of the facts - maybe, just maybe, the old man was actually corrupt?

Don't get me wrong, I have no love or sympathy for the North Korean regime but trying to apply even a modicum of objectivity and impartiality at this point would not go amiss.

They will be saying its Obama fault soon.

Got to love the Kim family they must be so pleasent to be around.......
edit on 12-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

This did shock me. You'd figure those high in the political chain, especially family, would be immune to such things. I mean, maybe a work camp would have been in his future, guess not though.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

That's it? Well, then again, it is North Korea we're talking about it but our own US politicians have done far worse.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Swills

This did shock me. You'd figure those high in the political chain, especially family, would be immune to such things. I mean, maybe a work camp would have been in his future, guess not though.

Nope - he were shipped off to a work camp, the whole Kim family would have had to go - it's the law.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join