It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Universe A Hologram? Physicists Say It's Possible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Feel free to delete this.
edit on 12-12-2013 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

Same as a dream!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Already posted, I think: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
ATS REALLY needs to fix its crappy search function. lmao

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Just keep an eye on the New Threads section - click on the "new" button, the second button over from the "home" button in the ATS tool bar.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Lazarus Short
Just keep an eye on the New Threads section - click on the "new" button, the second button over from the "home" button in the ATS tool bar.

Yup, good info. I also use the "recent" tab across the top to keep up with ongoing threads and new posts.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Or course the universe is a hologram. But it's constructed by the observations and perspectives of all the living things in it. That's hard to quantify mathematically.

That's why when you die, without you there to observe it an bring it from virtuality to reality, the universe ceases to exist.

edit on 12-12-2013 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Blue Shift
Or course the universe is a hologram. But it's constructed by the observations and perspectives of all the living things in it. That's hard to quantify mathematically.

That's why when you die, without you there to observe it an bring it from virtuality to reality, the universe ceases to exist.

But that would involve the universe going "Poof!" several times a second!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Lazarus Short

Blue Shift

But that would involve the universe going "Poof!" several times a second!

Not from your perspective. From your perspective it seems coherent and consistent. But when you die, your component of the universe ceases to exist, and without you in it to observe it, then there's nothing making it real (to you). So it ceases to exist.

If you die before me, it doesn't really affect the overall universe that much. But if I die before you, the universe will wink out of existence, including you, because I won't be around to observe anything.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Another way of saying it is that when the Observer dies, the wave function collapses...yes?

new topics

top topics

join