It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Blaine solved... a theory

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

BlueMule
reply to post by dragonridr

No one is denying the power of local suggestion.

But, many people deny the non-local psychic power of the human mind.

That is the trap that many magicians rely on, so that they can occasionally pass off our inherent psychic ability as mere tricks.

The Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Paradox in the Brain: The Transferred Potential

Abstract
Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen (EPR) correlations between human brains are studied to verify if the brain has a macroscopic quantum component. Pairs of subjects were allowed to interact and were then separated inside semisilent Faraday chambers 14.5m apart when their EEG activity was registered.

Only one subject of each pair was stimulated by 100 flashes. When the stimulated subject showed distinct evoked potentials, the nonstimulated subject showed "transferred potentials" similar to those evoked in the stimulated subject. Control subjects showed no such transferred potentials.

The transferred potentials demonstrate brain-to-brain nonlocal EPR correlation between brains, supporting the brain's quantum nature at the macrolevel.

Magicians Who Endorsed Psychic Phenomena

Conjurors have long played a role in psychical research. Many people are under the impression that magicians are total skeptics when it comes to psychic phenomena. It comes as a surprise to many (including some magicians), to learn that this is by no means the case. A number of the most prominent magicians in history have endorsed the reality of psychic phenomena. A surprising roster of modern-day conjurors also have positive views.

In this article I will list favorable opinions and comments of conjurors from the past and present. Some of these are prominent figures [...]

edit on 16-12-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

Sort of the point get you to believe in magic isnt it?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

dragonridr

Oh, I don't think so. I think that when a magician uses genuine psychic ability as part of his act, it actually gets more people to disbelieve in magic than believe. "Oh, I saw a stage magician do that once, therefore it's just a trick". It's our way of keeping psi marginalized. A psychological defense mechanism. Like a taboo.

I believe in psychic ability but not because of anything a magician did. I believe in it because its happened to me many many MANY times and because of the massive body of parapsychological evidence.

“Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what nobody else has thought.” -Albert Szent-Gyoergi

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

BlueMule

dragonridr

Oh, I don't think so. I think that when a magician uses genuine psychic ability as part of his act, it actually gets more people to disbelieve in magic than believe. "Oh, I saw a stage magician do that once, therefore it's just a trick". It's our way of keeping psi marginalized. A psychological defense mechanism. Like a taboo.

I believe in psychic ability but not because of anything a magician did. I believe in it because its happened to me many many MANY times and because of the massive body of parapsychological evidence.

“Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what nobody else has thought.” -Albert Szent-Gyoergi

Have you ever heard of Chris Angel by chance? Did you know he has an outstanding challenge he says he can perform any trick that a psychic can? Hes issued a challenge that anyone can use any psychic powers they believe to exist and he can duplicate it. Hell be the first to tell you there is no psychic abilities no mystical links etc.

Heres a version of the touching trick you showed that will blow your mind!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

TwoTonTommy

InhaleExhale
reply to post by TwoTonTommy

But to actually have a lucid dream is one of the most amazing, eye opening experiences someone can have.

Did you bring anything back that wasn't here before when you had lucid dreams?

If not, why is it one the most amazing experiences to realize you are dreaming in a dream in your opinion?

Once you realize you are dreaming, you can control many of the events of the dream. The "reality" of the dream bends to your will. You can do just about anything. Teleportation, flying, going back in time, sex with anyone you want - does that sound like fun to you?

I know what I can control in my dreams, it affects me quite profoundly in a waking state as well

It sounds like fun and is quite pleasing but not most amazing in my opinion, maybe because I often have lucid dreams and at times can be stressful and not so pleasing as other times from waking from a lucid dream.

One of the most amazing and eye opening experiences for an individual in my opinion would be to bring something back from a dream into this reality, something can be anything.

Have you brought anything back through the doorway that separates the two realities?

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

InhaleExhale

TwoTonTommy

InhaleExhale
reply to post by TwoTonTommy

But to actually have a lucid dream is one of the most amazing, eye opening experiences someone can have.

Did you bring anything back that wasn't here before when you had lucid dreams?

If not, why is it one the most amazing experiences to realize you are dreaming in a dream in your opinion?

Once you realize you are dreaming, you can control many of the events of the dream. The "reality" of the dream bends to your will. You can do just about anything. Teleportation, flying, going back in time, sex with anyone you want - does that sound like fun to you?

I know what I can control in my dreams, it affects me quite profoundly in a waking state as well

It sounds like fun and is quite pleasing but not most amazing in my opinion, maybe because I often have lucid dreams and at times can be stressful and not so pleasing as other times from waking from a lucid dream.

One of the most amazing and eye opening experiences for an individual in my opinion would be to bring something back from a dream into this reality, something can be anything.

Have you brought anything back through the doorway that separates the two realities?

I have not brought anything back. I have brought my dreaming body into the real world, but that was with the use of hallucinogens, so that doesn't really count.

I have read that the ultimate goal of the lucid dreamer is to find one's own body asleep in the dream, thus unlocking the ability to bring the dreaming body into the real world. That would be amazing.

I am not a frequent lucid dreamer. Most of my lucid dreams happened a long time ago, when I was actively pursuing trans-dimensional consciousness. I wasn't a natural at it, though I did have some success. I'm not posting this thread as an expert, just posted because I had the thoughts about David Blaine last week while I was watching his shows with my kids. If you ever can bring something into the real world, let me know, that would be some great info! I do believe in possibilites.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I just saw a doc about him.He speaks real slow and seems dim witted.One stunt shown had him encased,standing up,in ice for days.He finished stunt but had to be taken to hospital immediately.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

dragonridr
Hes issued a challenge that anyone can use any psychic powers they believe to exist and he can duplicate it.

Haven't seen his act. I don't like his style.

Have you considered the possibility that he duplicates them because he is psychic too?

Lets see him submit to a parapsychology lab and "duplicate" psi from within a faraday cage or fMRI without a camera crew.

Hell be the first to tell you there is no psychic abilities no mystical links etc.

And you'll be the first to believe him?

Look we've both obviously made up our minds. You don't want to believe in psychic ability so you don't, despite the overwhelming evidence. I have no choice but to believe, so I do. I've said my peace and so I'm unsubbing from this thread now.

edit on 17-12-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

BlueMule

dragonridr
Hes issued a challenge that anyone can use any psychic powers they believe to exist and he can duplicate it.

Have you considered the possibility that he duplicates them because he is psychic too?

Lets see him submit to a parapsychology lab and "duplicate" psi from within a faraday cage or fMRI without a camera crew.

Hell be the first to tell you there is no psychic abilities no mystical links etc.

Look we've both obviously made up our minds. You don't want to believe in psychic ability so you don't, despite the overwhelming evidence. I have no choice but to believe, so I do. I've said my peace and so I'm unsubbing from this thread now.

Thats just it there has never been any scientific evidence of psychic abilities. As much as people would like there to be there is no evidence. You cant count studies done by college kids who are reading electrical signals from the brain news flash as humans we all tend to be about the same. Put two people under similar conditions youll see correlations. Change one or the others surroundings or stimulation they will diverge.
however ill keep an open mind tell you what what evidence do you have of psychic abilities and will look at it.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

dragonridr

BlueMule

dragonridr

Thats just it there has never been any scientific evidence of psychic abilities. As much as people would like there to be there is no evidence. You cant count studies done by college kids who are reading electrical signals from the brain news flash as humans we all tend to be about the same. Put two people under similar conditions youll see correlations. Change one or the others surroundings or stimulation they will diverge.
however ill keep an open mind tell you what what evidence do you have of psychic abilities and will look at it.

Personally, I don't feel like I need scientific proof for anything. My own experience is all I need to classify something as "real".

What about horses? It is well known that a horse can sense the emotions of the rider, hence the expression "horse-sense". That makes the horses psychic, right? Or would you argue that horse-sense doesn't exist?

One time, I was tripping out, and I was flipping cards one after the other, and I correctly called 20 cards in a row before I stopped. Sure, I was on drugs, but nevertheless, I correctly picked the number & suit time after time. Its no scientific proof, but it is my own personal proof that we have the potential to be psychic.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

TwoTonTommy

dragonridr

BlueMule

dragonridr

Personally, I don't feel like I need scientific proof for anything. My own experience is all I need to classify something as "real".

What about horses? It is well known that a horse can sense the emotions of the rider, hence the expression "horse-sense". That makes the horses psychic, right? Or would you argue that horse-sense doesn't exist?

One time, I was tripping out, and I was flipping cards one after the other, and I correctly called 20 cards in a row before I stopped. Sure, I was on drugs, but nevertheless, I correctly picked the number & suit time after time. Its no scientific proof, but it is my own personal proof that we have the potential to be psychic.

Ok so if i understand you you simply stating that because you believe it to be true you dont need proof? Ok fais enough then what was the point of the thread? You might as well said David Blaine wild guess as to how he does it. But you didnt you were trying to tell people how he does what he does your claim psychic powers. As far as Criss angel the guy is awesome he is by far the best street magician there is! No prep work he can be anywhere and show you a magic trick. In a bar hell use a beer bottle in shops whatever is handy. And you always end up trying to figure it out. Take the time to check him out he puts David Baine to shame.

posted on Dec, 17 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

dragonridr

Ok so if i understand you you simply stating that because you believe it to be true you dont need proof?

What I'm saying is that if I experience something, I don't need to prove it, I have experienced it. Experience is personal proof. I'm not concerned with proving anything to anyone else. Just sharing my ideas and looking to learn from other viewpoints you might have.

I'll have to check out Criss Angel. Thx.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join