It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Blaine solved... a theory

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
reply to post by TwoTonTommy

I melt metal, you havent addressed this ability and I do it without intent (so is it Magick)? As you said the 'whorle' is a mysterious place and someone needs to begin to explain it (instead of making money Vegas style on their natural abilities).

edit on 13-12-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

I've never heard of someone who makes metal go soft on its own. I'll put it to the Unconscious Problem Solver and see if he spits back an answer for me. As someone that works with metal for a living, the only things I know that make metal soft are heat and stress.
edit on 12/13/2013 by TwoTonTommy because: Grammar

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Blaine has no special talent it's all set-up nonsense.

You want to learn how to levitate?

Sorry i hate magicians...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Not to go off topic too much, but the hands thing is something I've been taught for inducing lucid dreaming. That and listen for your name, and if you hear your name or see your hands, you CLAP them loudly to induce your lucidity.

Reason why I mention this is I finally had maybe my 3rd or fourth lucid dream ever just last night, it blew my mind completely open. I not only saw my hands but indicated to someone in my dream to look at their hands and clap, then i spoke my own name myself, and was transformed into the most amazing dream I ever had, seriously! I spent the rest of the dream flying, and it was just incredible.

Back to topic, I have read maybe half of Carlos' books, but remember the teachings of don juan the best. I thought it was pretty impressive works despite I wasn't yet seeking truths at the time. As an older adult I remember hearing that his work was made up and I was hurt and dismayed about that, but who knows for sure?

Also as for the piercing and body manipulation, I have seen many videos of Yogis doing this effortlessly so I dont doubt Blaine could learn many of these techniques. The body is an amazing and mysterious machine STILL, otherwise we wouldn't have so much pain, sickness and ailments.

Always be amazed and full of wonder my friend, don't let the debunkers and know-it-alls ruin it for you. This place is full of them.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
TwoTonTommy
vethumanbeing

VeteranHumanBeing
I melt metal, you havent addressed this ability and I do it without intent (so is it Magick)? As you said the 'whorle' is a mysterious place and someone needs to begin to explain it (instead of making money Vegas style on their natural abilities).

TwoTonTommy
I've never heard of someone who makes metal go soft on its own. I'll put it to the Unconscious Problem Solver and see if he spits back an answer for me. As someone that works with metal for a living, the only things I know that make metal soft are heat and stress.

I havent either. Who can make without pure intent destroy the properties that hold metal IN FORM; am I dreaming out of form at some point come back to a conscious reality and its falling off of my body? You have great patience; Im just asking questions that I cannot answer and perhaps you can. Heat would be a vibrationary aspect; stress would be a pulling stretching effect. Mentally can one do this without Direct INTENT? Id say from my experience YES.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
it's a trick

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

He's the best at what he does because he invented what he does. Which is no discredit to the man, who is, as you say, a genius artist and athlete.

However, I beg to differ on one point. Teller is the greatest living magician we know about, at least when it comes to closeup sleight of hand, and while his performance work is on the stage rather than the street, as a conceptual artist he is more subtle and profound than any working magician. I doubt Blaine would disagree. But should Teller die in his lifetime Blaine will...ascend?

Cite: www.esquire.com...

And one day earlier this year, while sitting behind his desk in his strange magic factory, Smith talked about the Red Ball and how much he would love to know how Teller does it. "That one has me fooled," Smith said. "There's no way he does that with a piece of thread."

But here's the truth about the Red Ball: Penn isn't lying to the audience, and neither was Teller in those four lost lectures. There is no such thing as magic. He really is doing that trick with a single piece of thread.

Or is he? He says he just worked and worked, and that sometimes magic is only that, someone working harder than anyone else can imagine. And if he is doing something impossible with a single piece of thread, is that magic? Maybe his coworker, whose magical skills are minuscule but who is good at being tall and loud, said it better. "When I eat fire, you shouldn't ask yourself how. I really do get burned. What you should ask yourself is: why?"

Let us never dismiss the possibility that magic is real. To reduce it merely to clever trickery is to take apart a watch trying to find the time. I rather like the OP's theory, however implausible, and I am very pleased he has broken his silence to share his thoughts with us.
edit on 13-12-2013 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

vethumanbeing

VeteranHumanBeing

TwoTonTommy

I havent either. Who can make without pure intent destroy the properties that hold metal IN FORM; am I dreaming out of form at some point come back to a conscious reality and its falling off of my body? You have great patience; Im just asking questions that I cannot answer and perhaps you can. Heat would be a vibrationary aspect; stress would be a pulling stretching effect. Mentally can one do this without Direct INTENT? Id say from my experience YES.

I've been thinking about it, about the heat aspect, and heat is just a higher energy vibration manifest as temperature. Perhaps a higher vibration of the unknown forces, perhaps of the human aura, could create a similarly high vibration that affects the metal.

I'm also thinking sideways to things like the stones at some of the ancient ruins where the giant stones look like they were made soft, and then made to fit very precisely. There's some kind of way of interacting with matter that we're overlooking as a civilization - we are definitely missing a large piece of the puzzle, scientifically.

I'm interested in this. I'm going to keep working on it. "Attention Unconscious Mind! Continue to work on the question, 'Why does metal go soft on some people', thank you." (This actually works quite often.)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

spartacus699
it's a trick

Seriously spartacus699? If you should be so unlucky to have this ability you would be wondering, what 'happens to the undercarriage (transmission) or the Engine of YOUR CAR driving at 75 miles an hour' (if "I") in a bad mood unintended; (you would say it accidently melted or threw a rod on purpose or was meant to be even though a relatively new car). IT WAS A TRICK and the car hated me for buying it anyway. I dislike the draining of batteries when around them, the lights flickering..etal (gone so far to get rechargable ones double and triple A's) and the mechanism to do so. Im a danger to society unless I MOVE TO LAS VEGAS and impinge/infiltrate dusty Copperfields and Penn and Tellers territory. Penn and Teller are illusionist/audience hypnotists btw (frenchy styled).
edit on 14-12-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
TwoTonTommy
vethumanbeing

TwoTonTommy

VeteranHumanBeing

TwoTonTommy
I've been thinking about it, about the heat aspect, and heat is just a higher energy vibration manifest as temperature. Perhaps a higher vibration of the unknown forces, perhaps of the human aura, could create a similarly high vibration that affects the metal.

Higher vibration. That which (by the human) made stone lighter than air or carved/melted perfectly level squared blocks of granite/marble to create unbelievable artifacts (still existing).

TwoTonTommy
I'm also thinking sideways to things like the stones at some of the ancient ruins where the giant stones look like they were made soft, and then made to fit very precisely. There's some kind of way of interacting with matter that we're overlooking as a civilization - we are definitely missing a large piece of the puzzle, scientifically.

You really cant believe Maachu Pichu and the Pyramids of Giza were built with human labor ONLY. The stones were vibrated into form (there is no evidence of scribing/chisling) upon them; they were melted/levatated to form fit each other. Heres the thing; this is such an old technology (LOST), everyone thinks the pyramids are of the 2800 BC time period. They are so much older as not to be believed as is the same time period Sphinx, 12,000 years BC in actuality (those that arrived/escaped the Atlantis demise).

TwoTonTommy
I'm interested in this. I'm going to keep working on it. "Attention Unconscious Mind! Continue to work on the question, 'Why does metal go soft on some people', thank you." (This actually works quite often.)

It does for me, a lost art I suppose that is very confusing as I cant control its affects with regards to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

vethumanbeing

spartacus699
it's a trick

Seriously spartacus699? If you should be so unlucky to have this ability you would be wondering, what 'happens to the undercarriage (transmission) or the Engine of YOUR CAR driving at 75 miles an hour' (if "I") in a bad mood unintended; (you would say it accidently melted or threw a rod on purpose or was meant to be even though a relatively new car). IT WAS A TRICK and the car hated me for buying it anyway. I dislike the draining of batteries when around them, the lights flickering..etal (gone so far to get rechargable ones double and triple A's) and the mechanism to do so. Im a danger to society unless I MOVE TO LAS VEGAS and impinge/infiltrate dusty Copperfields and Penn and Tellers territory. Penn and Teller are illusionist/audience hypnotists btw (frenchy styled).
edit on 14-12-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

The tv show tricks are the easiest to do. Because they showed how they do them. They tell the audience that X is going to happen and they do Y. Like when he held his breath for the longest ever. It's possible I don't deni that but it might have been a trick. Very likely was as they are experts at getting away with this stuff. They figure out strnage little neuoances that the average person would never think of in order for them to pull it off.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
My guess is that there is a chemical on the ice pick that prevents bleeding. No big deal.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The movie "now you see me" is interesting, they pulled off some incredible stunts in Vegas as Magicians, but explained how. The interesting part was how hypnosis can be used on people, and after weeks of planning the people they had previously encountered were then part of their shows when "reactivated" under hypnosis to be used in the live shows, it really appeared as if "Magic" was being performed.

The thread and particularly one of the posters comments brought the movie to mind, just wanted to add ...

BTW, welcome to ATS!!!

edit on 14-12-2013 by shell69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
spartacus699
vethumanbeing] spartacus699

spartacus699 it's a trick

vethumanbeing

Spartacus699
The tv show tricks are the easiest to do. Because they showed how they do them. They tell the audience that X is going to happen and they do Y. Like when he held his breath for the longest ever. It's possible I don't deni that but it might have been a trick. Very likely was as they are experts at getting away with this stuff. They figure out strnage little neuoances that the average person would never think of in order for them to pull it off.

I forgot this; those TV shows are also edited to specific content (NOT LIVE). I know that good illusionists use a modified hypnosis technique upon their subjects, as in "suggestion" (the layman would miss) regarding pulling cards or any number of other things. Its actually awful to see how one can be subliminally manipulated to do things for affect (MONEY GAINS) to the illusionist. I was a child watching David Copperfield and thought he actually made an elephant disapear (using mirrors later). Is it entertainment? sure, but the paying audience is dupted and Someone now owns their own ISLAND; is it moral? Back to Dynamo and Blaine, there are things they do that are off the charts (realistically) as they are practicing simple 'street majick' and not Vegas style multi milliondollar Show extravaganzas.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

sepermeru
reply to post by NorEaster

He's the best at what he does because he invented what he does. Which is no discredit to the man, who is, as you say, a genius artist and athlete.

However, I beg to differ on one point. Teller is the greatest living magician we know about, at least when it comes to closeup sleight of hand, and while his performance work is on the stage rather than the street, as a conceptual artist he is more subtle and profound than any working magician. I doubt Blaine would disagree. But should Teller die in his lifetime Blaine will...ascend?

Our opinions differ, but I can respect yours concerning Teller. Penn is the irritant in that confluence, as far as how that act strikes me personally. I've always liked Teller and appreciate him as the artist that he is.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You do know hes an illusionist dont you? His job is to come up with illusions that make you think hes performed something magical. And it this case looks like it worked rather well.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

But to actually have a lucid dream is one of the most amazing, eye opening experiences someone can have.

Did you bring anything back that wasn't here before when you had lucid dreams?

If not, why is it one the most amazing experiences to realize you are dreaming in a dream in your opinion?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

InhaleExhale

But to actually have a lucid dream is one of the most amazing, eye opening experiences someone can have.

Did you bring anything back that wasn't here before when you had lucid dreams?

If not, why is it one the most amazing experiences to realize you are dreaming in a dream in your opinion?

Once you realize you are dreaming, you can control many of the events of the dream. The "reality" of the dream bends to your will. You can do just about anything. Teleportation, flying, going back in time, sex with anyone you want - does that sound like fun to you?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

BlueMule
I watched one of his shows and was surprised to see him take advantage of the kinds of things that one learns about by studying parapsychology. His act is a mix of genuine psychic ability disguised as mere tricks and slight of hand.

In this case, the current of the deception flows against the skeptic of psychic ability, who will automatically default to a "rational" explanation and hence be fooled...

edit on 12-12-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

I found a video to illustrate David's use of parapsychology.

Note he uses volunteers who have close personal relationships. For example a married couple. That's because emotional bonds create psychic links. "Entangled brains".

He takes advantage of that unconscious psychic link to perform tricks.

Correlations between brain electrical activities of two spatially separated human subjects

Abstract

Six channels electroencephalogram (EEG) were recorded simultaneously from pairs of separated human subjects in two acoustically and electromagnetically shielded rooms. While brain electric responses to visual pattern-reversal stimuli were elicited in one subject, the other subject relaxed without stimulation. EEGs of both subjects were averaged at times of stimulus onset, effective voltage of the averaged signals was computed within a running window, and expressed as ratio (Q) to the effective voltage of averaged EEG signal from non-stimulation periods.

These ratios in non-stimulated subjects at the latency of the maximum response in stimulated subjects were analysed. Significant departures of Q ratios from reference distributions, based on baseline EEG in non-stimulation periods, were found in most non-stimulated subjects.

The results indicate that correlations between brain activities of two separated subjects may occur, although no biophysical mechanism is known.

Lucky for him and other similar magicians, people are woefully uninformed about parapsychological findings.

Including the scientific community and their pseudo-skeptic thralls.

edit on 16-12-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

BlueMule

BlueMule
I watched one of his shows and was surprised to see him take advantage of the kinds of things that one learns about by studying parapsychology. His act is a mix of genuine psychic ability disguised as mere tricks and slight of hand.

In this case, the current of the deception flows against the skeptic of psychic ability, who will automatically default to a "rational" explanation and hence be fooled...

edit on 12-12-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

I found a video to illustrate David's use of parapsychology.

Note he uses volunteers who have close personal relationships. For example a married couple. That's because emotional bonds create psychic links. "Entangled brains".

He takes advantage of that unconscious psychic link to perform tricks.

Correlations between brain electrical activities of two spatially separated human subjects

Abstract

Six channels electroencephalogram (EEG) were recorded simultaneously from pairs of separated human subjects in two acoustically and electromagnetically shielded rooms. While brain electric responses to visual pattern-reversal stimuli were elicited in one subject, the other subject relaxed without stimulation. EEGs of both subjects were averaged at times of stimulus onset, effective voltage of the averaged signals was computed within a running window, and expressed as ratio (Q) to the effective voltage of averaged EEG signal from non-stimulation periods.

These ratios in non-stimulated subjects at the latency of the maximum response in stimulated subjects were analysed. Significant departures of Q ratios from reference distributions, based on baseline EEG in non-stimulation periods, were found in most non-stimulated subjects.

The results indicate that correlations between brain activities of two separated subjects may occur, although no biophysical mechanism is known.

Lucky for him and other similar magicians, people are woefully uninformed about parapsychological findings.

Including the scientific community and their pseudo-skeptic thralls.

This is a very old trick used to be used by psychics in the 1800s and early 1900s. Its done with the power of suggestions. Same way a magician can make you pick a word. David Blaine loves those and hes very good at it. In fact since i saw Penn and Teller mentioned they had something similar in there act for a while.

Realize being a good magician you always control every aspect of a trick even if the person doesnt realize they're being controlled. Ill let you in on a secret most magicians will patent there tricks go exp;oring youd be amazed at how they work. However if you like the amazement and wonder i suggest just watch their acts and enjoy. By the way the area of magic in his video is mentalists since you seem to enjoy that will help you search for new ones.
edit on 12/16/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

No one is denying the power of local suggestion.

But, many people deny the non-local psychic power of the human mind.

That is the trap that many magicians rely on, so that they can occasionally pass off our inherent psychic ability as mere tricks.

The Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Paradox in the Brain: The Transferred Potential

Abstract
Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen (EPR) correlations between human brains are studied to verify if the brain has a macroscopic quantum component. Pairs of subjects were allowed to interact and were then separated inside semisilent Faraday chambers 14.5m apart when their EEG activity was registered.

Only one subject of each pair was stimulated by 100 flashes. When the stimulated subject showed distinct evoked potentials, the nonstimulated subject showed "transferred potentials" similar to those evoked in the stimulated subject. Control subjects showed no such transferred potentials.

The transferred potentials demonstrate brain-to-brain nonlocal EPR correlation between brains, supporting the brain's quantum nature at the macrolevel.

Magicians Who Endorsed Psychic Phenomena

Conjurors have long played a role in psychical research. Many people are under the impression that magicians are total skeptics when it comes to psychic phenomena. It comes as a surprise to many (including some magicians), to learn that this is by no means the case. A number of the most prominent magicians in history have endorsed the reality of psychic phenomena. A surprising roster of modern-day conjurors also have positive views.

In this article I will list favorable opinions and comments of conjurors from the past and present. Some of these are prominent figures [...]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join