It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Blaine solved... a theory

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Magicians!! This is the one time I enjoy and BEG to be fooled! I dont want to know how they do it or if its not hocus pocus.. I WANNA BE DAZZLED!! If Im watching a show or live and some jerk brags that he knows how its done.. I WILL kick the crap out of them..

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
parad0x122
reply to post by TwoTonTommy

paradOx122
Interesting perspective. If, and this is a huge if, you are truly onto something credible with the dreaming body theory... IMHO, it'd make all the sense in the world! SnF, very thought provoking.

If so how does he extrapolate this 'dreaming body' back into the physical world/dimension; causing ON TIME A perceived illusion or trickery. Dynamo can take randomly (from street strollers) cell phones and insert them into the long necked beer bottles they themselves are carrying/drinking from (emptied of contents before hand). Then have a friend call the phone it rings inside of the 'corona bottle'; no breach in the glass. The hand movement is this; 2 taps to the bottem of the bottle holding the cell phone. ITs in the bottle. One has to break the bottle to regain the phone. Someone somewhere has the knowledge to change/soften silicon based matter in order to insert objects without damage. Is it an illusion or a gift of being able to manipulate/melt by heat/thought applied with PURE INTENT TO DEFORM a silicon based shape. Its scary to watch. Blaine and Dynamo frighten me. Chris Angel is a total illusionist Fraud (David Copperfields foster son).
edit on 12-12-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

Reality seems pretty solid, but in fact is somewhat malleable. The whole Uri Geller event on TV bending spoons with his mind, and children across England watching on TV believed it was possible, and there were spoons bending everywhere. That's real history. Quantum physics shows that the basic material nature arises from an energy state, a state of chance, of probabilities. I believe when one has enough personal power, that they can influence others around, and influence the real world. Just as you can morph the world in your dreams, the real world is a little softer when in your dreaming body. The universe is driven by guiding principles, not laws, in my opinion. There are lots of stories throughout history of miracles being performed. A bend in the reality. Many stories of gurus, shaman, and teachers who had a subtle effect on the world around them.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Well no harm no foul...I am going to look into this Dream Body phenomenon...

And I also welcome you to ATS!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

TwoTonTommy
The whole Uri Geller event on TV bending spoons with his mind,

Geller bent spoons with his fingers, not his mind!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I watched one of his shows and was surprised to see him take advantage of the kinds of things that one learns about by studying parapsychology. His act is a mix of genuine psychic ability disguised as mere tricks and slight of hand.

In this case, the current of the deception flows against the skeptic of psychic ability, who will automatically default to a "rational" explanation and hence be fooled...

edit on 12-12-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Natural born lucid dreamer, meaning I never had to learn how to lucid dream, I just did it, since as young as I possibly could remember, and i have know idea about what you are talking about as far as dream body goes. I am quite aware of my physical body being in bed and that the dreams are taking place in my mind.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

calstorm
Natural born lucid dreamer, meaning I never had to learn how to lucid dream, I just did it, since as young as I possibly could remember, and i have know idea about what you are talking about as far as dream body goes. I am quite aware of my physical body being in bed and that the dreams are taking place in my mind.

It sounds like we are talking about different things. When I am in a lucid dream, I am in another world. I don't feel my normal body or bed until I wake up. It is as if you are awake in the dream world, aware of the dream, and able to control features of it. Do you dream yourself to be a disembodied spirit? Or do you have a body you are moving around in your dreams?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Yeah, man. And the second ring of power (?) was actually terrifying.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I have a visual body in my dreams but I am aware that my body is in bed when something happens in a dream and I feel pain or emotion, I am aware that it is attached to my physical body lying in my bed as well. It's like two parts of a whole. I have complete and utter control of what happens in my dreams.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

" I WANNA BE DAZZLED!"

...magic is people beLIEving in something they instinctvely know is not possible...imo, magic is convincing yourself to believe in a LIE...

Magic is illusion-it describes that which one cannot explain,... it is relative,...a tribesman in a jungle shown a lighter making flame to him is "magic"... an M.I.T. scientist shown a portable time-travel device by an E.T. ...- to the scientist...this is NOT "magic"... That scientist (if he is a true scientist) would raise his eyebrows and think: "wow!,...I must learn MORE about this so-called "time-travel" device..."

"MAGIC" is essentially like religion... if you CHOOSE to suspend your belief.. that is your choice...
it just so happens that in this modern age of TECHNOLOGY belief requires a little bit more than ignorance and fear,...

edit on 13-12-2013 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2013 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
David Blaine is talented in the art of illusion, he does nothing more than some re-envisioned tricks done on the streets of India, China and various other countries for centuries.

All magicians are liars, they are lying right in front of you and they play on your stupidity, or rather your belief that they are going to do something seemingly impossible. Penn and Teller expand on this a bit more in some of the shows they do. If you have a chance look up "Penn and Teller: Fool us" on youtube.

As much as some people on here would like to believe in magic and fairytales, magicians are the furthest things from it. They rely on props, sleight of hand, misdirection and a slew of many other things to fool you into thinking you are seeing something that you are not.

Yea David Blaine does some amazing things, but a lot of it is staged and he has insiders helping him. That is one of the rules of magic, is you never allow the audience to see your secret set-up.

Good luck with that whole "lucid dreaming magic body thing" though.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The stunts David does is 100% real, i know this for a fact. the needle through arm and the pick through hand 100% real, not a trick or an illusion

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

abeverage
Is this a cheap promotion for David Blaine BLAH BLAH?

Suppose the guy has DVD's and Boo-Rays to sell? And I am not in tune with this whole Dream Body that you speak of nor do I see anything but side-show magic...

Offer me some proof (other than testimony) of said Dream body and I might change my mind, but I doubt it!

Seriously, since you are new here I am highly suspicious, Dream Body or not...I will keep my eye on you!
edit on 12-12-2013 by abeverage because: I don't likes David Blaine...

I kinda doubt that David Blaine needs an ATS shill to keep his career afloat. The guy's so far beyond any illusionist that's out there working that the issue of money and career almost seems laughable. I'm a big fan of the man, and I've been on this board with my own loopy sh*t since the fall of 2009. If Blaine was actually touring or had a stage show I'd kill to be there, but he's pretty resistant to the Criss Angel running-for-mayor routine. Truth is that you can easily check out literally everything Blaine has ever done on Youtube for free.

There are marketing shills on this site. Definitely. I just seriously doubt that David Blaine's people would ever see any value in promoting the idea that the guy is doing some sort of out-of-body thing when he does what he does. Blaine himself is really proud of the fact that he trains as hard as he does and is in as much immediate control of his body and mind as he is. The needle through the hand and arm routine isn't any more of an illusion than the packed-in-ice, underwater for 15 minutes, standing on a 1 ft square platform 100 feet above the ground for days on end, or any of the other insane non-tricks he's famous for pulling off. The guy is just extremely disciplined and has studied the stuff that Eastern monks have been doing for centuries, and he's made a career of replicating some of it, along with some seriously bitchin' sleight-of-hand and close-up magic that's totally unique and brilliantly conceived.

Like I said, I'm a fan. I'm also a supreme *sshole when it comes to seeing through scams. Blaine's the best there's ever been at what he does. It just so happens that he's still alive and still doing it. It could happen, that the best ever is active during our own period of time. Hell, it's gotta happen during someone's period of time, so why not ours? I just enjoy the guy's work, now that I've put him through my own skeptic paces and he's survived intact.
edit on 12/13/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
If Ricky Gervaise hasn't realised that there are aliens walking amongst us by now then he needs his head tested!!

hx

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
it's all smoke and mirrors...what you see on TV is all heavily edited.... i can do the floating trick, you know the one where his two feet appear to come of the ground, it's simple, you just have to get the angle right to the people you are performing the trick to... when you see him float on TV that's not what the people who are watching the trick see... they see the trick, you get to see the reaction of the people and the floating thing is edited in later, it's done with wires or some sort of lifting device.

BTW, he cant walk on water either.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

tadaman

chemistry, special alloys and plastics, small mechanisms, mentalism, sleight of hand, planning, team coordination, and showmanship...mental discipline....ect.

Still VERY praise worthy for the talent, imagination and commitment alone, but not "magic".

edit on 12 12 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

No, not magic, but not necessarily faked either. I will not discuss any act that is shown to us on TV. --How are we to know what really happens? But many years ago at a US carnival sideshow, I witnessed an amazing show. The fellow did multiple body piercings, through the biceps, through both cheeks, etc. after having a by-stander spit on his instruments, dropping them to the floor and roll them around with his foot. That was just the beginning. His main act was to take a thin sword, a rapier, I guess you would call it, insert it under his armpit area on one side and push it across through his chest to come out the other side. All of this done on in the open on a simple stage with no backdrop, assistant or other props. He just stood there and did it. Lighting was normal and no distractions were involved. Not a drop of blood was spilled in any of these actions. My friends and I concluded that he treated himself or the local body areas with pain killers (drugs?) and was able to perform those feats. Yet, from a normal perspective we can say such a feat was impossible.

We are made witness to incredible feats of human ability all of the time yet take little notice of how amazing and out of the ordinary they are. One of the most common of such feats is that of an incredibly "talented" musician that defies all logic in his/her ability. Or the amazing, non-professional basketball shooter that can dump 50 baskets in a row from the center line. The human body is capable of many amazing feats, usually made possible by a strong will and a lot of intense training.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Fair enough. I am not saying that they are without merit. I am saying that there is always a simple solution to what our eyes cant undersrtand.

I do think that a fair amount of it is mental conditioning. Somethings are just done....others are implied.

Still though, Impresive. Humans are awesome.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
TwoTonTommy
vethumanbeing
parad0x122

paradOx122
Interesting perspective. If, and this is a huge if, you are truly onto something credible with the dreaming body theory... IMHO, it'd make all the sense in the world! SnF, very thought provoking.

VeteranHumanBeing
If so how does he extrapolate this 'dreaming body' back into the physical world/dimension; causing ON TIME A perceived illusion or trickery. Dynamo can take randomly (from street strollers) cell phones and insert them into the long necked beer bottles they themselves are carrying/drinking from (emptied of contents before hand). Then have a friend call the phone it rings inside of the 'corona bottle'; no breach in the glass. The hand movement is this; 2 taps to the bottem of the bottle holding the cell phone. ITs in the bottle. One has to break the bottle to regain the phone. Someone somewhere has the knowledge to change/soften silicon based matter in order to insert objects without damage. Is it an illusion or a gift of being able to manipulate/melt by heat/thought applied with PURE INTENT TO DEFORM a silicon based shape. Its scary to watch. Blaine and Dynamo frighten me. Chris Angel is a total illusionist Fraud (David Copperfields foster son).

TwoTonTommy
Reality seems pretty solid, but in fact is somewhat malleable. The whole Uri Geller event on TV bending spoons with his mind, and children across England watching on TV believed it was possible, and there were spoons bending everywhere. That's real history. Quantum physics shows that the basic material nature arises from an energy state, a state of chance, of probabilities. I believe when one has enough personal power, that they can influence others around, and influence the real world.

I can see this happening; if using 'pure intent' a willfull thought to cause an action upon the metal. I think we all have this ability but have been diverted from even the suggestion its possible (the value/capability of the human mind is SO HIDDEN FROM US it breaks my heart).

TwoTonTommy
Just as you can morph the world in your dreams, the real world is a little softer when in your dreaming body. The universe is driven by guiding principles, not laws, in my opinion. There are lots of stories throughout history of miracles being performed. A bend in the reality. Many stories of gurus, shaman, and teachers who had a subtle effect on the world around them.

And why not? principles dont have to be 'proven laws of physics' or even theoretical; as that is very restraining (a type of mental bondage) if not proven by hard science or the
'theoretical equations' CANNOT EXIST. Shamans had extrodinary powers; as do Yogis, they tap into the 'field' and are not relegated to the nonsense of 'prove it mathmatically'. I will give you an example that not hard scientist would be able to explain.

I cannot wear metal. It bends of its own accord; stones fall out the bent tines regarding rings, the ring itself deforms, links in necklase chains deform and fall apart; something as simple as a needle clasp warps to the point it resembles a U shape and of course falls from the garment Im wearing. Ive had broaches bend themselves to such a degree, Ive had to bend them back to resemble original shape. So, I dont wear metal (no adornments)(not that I was aspiring to turn lead into gold either wearing these things). Earrings, cannot wear the pierced type, HOLY UNGODLY INFECTION INSUES. What is my point: Im doing NO THING with any PURE intent; but unbeknownst to me am vibrating at a resonance these metals cannot understand as they soften all by themselves; gold, silver, titanium, copper, stainless steel, nickle, brass, I could wear cotton strings in my earlobes (thats about it but not at all attractive). Im ready for the ridicule (I should try a melting of glass/silicon with intent). No point in nicking jewelry stores cases as Id accidently deform the proceeds into a mound of twisted metal. Perhaps someone else has the same experience (regarding the wearing of).
edit on 13-12-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
TwoTonTommy
vethumanbeing
parad0x122

TwoTonTommy
Reality seems pretty solid, but in fact is somewhat malleable. The whole Uri Geller event on TV bending spoons with his mind, and children across England watching on TV believed it was possible, and there were spoons bending everywhere. That's real history. Quantum physics shows that the basic material nature arises from an energy state, a state of chance, of probabilities. I believe when one has enough personal power, that they can influence others around, and influence the real world.

I can see this happening; if using 'pure intent' a willfull thought to cause an action upon the metal. I think we all have this ability but have been diverted from even the suggestion its possible (the value/capability of the human mind is SO HIDDEN FROM US it breaks my heart).

TwoTonTommy
Just as you can morph the world in your dreams, the real world is a little softer when in your dreaming body. The universe is driven by guiding principles, not laws, in my opinion. There are lots of stories throughout history of miracles being performed. A bend in the reality. Many stories of gurus, shaman, and teachers who had a subtle effect on the world around them.

And why not? principles dont have to be 'proven laws of physics' or even theoretical; as that is very restraining (a type of mental bondage) if not proven by hard science or the
'theoretical equations' CANNOT EXIST. Shamans had extrodinary powers; as do Yogis, they tap into the 'field' and are not relegated to the nonsense of 'prove it mathmatically'. I will give you an example that not hard scientist would be able to explain.

I cannot wear metal. It bends of its own accord; stones fall out the bent tines regarding rings, the ring itself deforms, links in necklase chains deform and fall apart; something as simple as a needle clasp warps to the point it resembles a U shape and of course falls from the garment Im wearing. Ive had broaches bend themselves to such a degree, Ive had to bend them back to resemble original shape. So, I dont wear metal (no adornments)(not that I was aspiring to turn lead into gold either wearing these things). Earrings, cannot wear the pierced type, HOLY UNGODLY INFECTION INSUES. What is my point: Im doing NO THING with any PURE intent; but unbeknownst to me am vibrating at a resonance these metals cannot understand as they soften all by themselves; gold, silver, titanium, copper, stainless steel, nickle, brass, I could wear cotton strings in my earlobes (thats about it but not at all attractive). Im ready for the ridicule (I should try a melting of glass/silicon with intent). No point in nicking jewelry stores cases as Id accidently deform the proceeds into a mound of twisted metal. Perhaps someone else has the same experience (regarding the wearing of).

I'm the type of person to keep my mind open to anything. I grew up very closed-minded. I thought I knew everything. I was very good in school. I went to Bible school. At a certain point, I was introduced to a world where I discovered that I had gotten so many things wrong about life, and people.

This world is a mysterious place. There are mysterious, unseen forces at play. Someday, we will understand it as a science; right now, it's called high weirdness. In any case, with a story like yours, I will not judge whether it is "real" or not; I accept it as "a story a nice person on the internet told me", and I think many people are honest on the net, and I like to give the benefit of the doubt.

That's not to say I'm a sucker - I don't 100% believe in anything I haven't confirmed with my senses. But I leave the door open for everyone's stories so that I can gain some kind of understanding of what this world really is, how this world works, and how can we work together to keep it going. I have experienced enough high weirdness that I think nothing would really surprise me; anything is possible. If this is a "matrix", then what really is reality? I don't know. But I like to explore the options.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

A appreciate your skeptisim; for me its an 'ownership of a continueing truth experience (as odd as it is) then disseminated to the awareness/concsiousness of others'. There is no earthly reason for me to state my percieved/actual physical blanket REALITY to total strangers on ATS as if to fool or divert the OP topic. I post where I believe I may have some relevant 'fact physical' to add to the discussion. I melt metal, you havent addressed this ability and I do it without intent (so is it Magick)? As you said the 'whorle' is a mysterious place and someone needs to begin to explain it (instead of making money Vegas style on their natural abilities).

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join