It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China approved by USDA to export "Processed Chicken Products" to US.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I did a search and didn't find anything on this. I am also not sure if this is the right forum for it....

It appears that the USDA has spent a lot of time and money to find a way to take away more jobs from Americans and also to put our health and lives at risk by allowing China to ship processed, cooked chicken into the country.

First off notice how the chicken to be processed, WILL have to be from chickens raised in the US! What? We are shipping our own raw chicken to China, so that they will make our chicken patties and nuggets???

The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) has announced that China is eligible to export processed, cooked chicken to the United States.
•The United States is not importing any raw chicken from China.
•FSIS has determined that China’s poultry processing inspection system is equivalent to that of the United States, and cooked chicken imported from China would be processed under equivalent conditions as in the United States.

As always, FSIS is fully committed to protecting the nation’s food supply and if China begins exporting processed chicken products to the United States, all food safety steps will be taken as if the products were processed in the United States

USDA.Gov

DON'T WORRY THOUGH! The USDA assures us that the food will be safe....

FSIS continues to monitor China’s poultry processing system. The following measures are taken to ensure China maintains equivalence to the U.S. system:
•China must use a specific and standardized method to provide the United States with detailed information on all aspects of their food safety systems.
•Chicken products processed in China are subject to increased inspection upon entry into the United States.
•FSIS will audit China’s poultry processing system annually.
•If FSIS finds China to be exporting product that does not meet our food safety standards, China will no longer be eligible for export.

Great! I feel better knowing that the FSIS will ONLY be doing once a year inspections!

Well at least they FSIS is assuring us that the imported chicken products will be inspected right? How many food products have been recalled for E-Coli contamination lately?

Now here is the catch! There will be NO REQUIRMENTS to have any of these so called "SAFE" products to be labeled! YES, you won't know where your frozen chicken patties were made! *BTW The USDA doesn't mention this on their site*

Unlike other meat imported to the U.S., the poultry shipped by Chinese processors will not require point-of-origin labeling. Under USDA rules, the labeling does not apply to foods that have been cooked.

"Consumers will have no way to tell if those chicken nuggets in the supermarket freezer were processed in the U.S. or in China," writes Bloomberg correspondent Adam Minter. Moreover, the USDA will not require its own regulators to supervise the processors on premises.

Point-of-origin labeling is relatively new in the U.S. (new rules went into effect and May), but has proved unpopular with meat producers. In July, industry groups filed a suit against the USDA, which charges that requiring more information about a product's origin on its label is too expensive and provides no benefit to public safety or health.

Source

Here is another kick in the pants! What about the children? We all know how they LOVE Chicken Nuggets right! You really don't think our schools will feed them imported chicken nuggets do you?

Will chicken processed in China be included in school lunches?

The USDA’s Agricultural Marketing Service purchases approximately 20 percent of food for the National School Lunch Program on behalf of schools. The product purchased by AMS must be of 100 percent domestic origin, meaning that they are produced and processed from products which were produced, raised, and processed only in the United States.

Schools also make independent purchases on the commercial market to meet the needs of their students. These purchases are governed by section 12(n) of the Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act (42 U.S.C. 1760), which requires participating schools to purchase domestically grown and processed foods, to the maximum extent practicable.

A domestic commodity/product is defined as “an agricultural commodity that is produced in the United States and a food product that is processed in the United States substantially using agricultural commodities that are produced in the United States.” Schools can consider a product domestic if it is processed in the United States and comprised of at least 51 percent domestic ingredients Schools have the option of using only products that are 100 percent domestically grown and processed.

Sounds pretty good up to where it says to the maximum extent practicable! Will it then be practicable IF processed chicken patties and nuggets totally made and processed in the US are hard to find OR TOO expensive thus they purchase those that are imported from China? Not to mention, how will they know, if the products WON'T be labeled as such?

Now for the conspiracy part of this topic!

Why is China working so hard to get our chicken? Could it be that their chicken is too unsafe to eat? They have a shortage?

Chinese poultry industry struggles to survive H7N9

Also an ATS member "Violater1" did this thread.

Toxic Treats from China Killing US Dogs

Well I am glad I don't eat processed chicken products. But for those of you who do, BEWARE! Something is really wrong when we ship chicken to China so that they can then process and cook it, to only send it back for our consumptive pleasure.....

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Why am I not surprised? Good catch, Op! Excellenty presented thread, too.

I won't even give my dog or cat anything made in China---toys, chew toys, or food/snacks. And for good reason as you've covered.

Don't get me wrong; I loves me some Chinese folk, but the quality control on products made for the U.S. has an abysmal and scary history.

edit on 12-12-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Oh great, just another reason to watch what i eat.

Kung pao chicken is my limit.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

This isn't entirely new. In the past couple of years I've seen packages of "Wild Alaska Arrowtooth Flounder" in supermarket freezers. I did some digging into this because, from personal experience, Arrowtooth are:
1. A massive pain in the ass when Halibut fishing, and
2. Completely and entirely inedible. Their meat turns to gelatinous mush immediately and nobody that I know of up here has determined a viable way to cook them without ending up with something akin to fish flavored oatmeal.

spo.nmfs.noaa.gov...

What I found was that the fish are snatched up off our coast by the damn trawler fleet. They are then shipped to China where they are soaked in a toxic bath of the pesticide/mutagen sodium azide, an acid used to burn off tattoos and genital warts called trichloroacetic acid, and the water softener sodium triphosphate.

Mind you, dear American leaders' FDA deems these poisons safe and these Chinese products fit for American consumption, so clearly our strong Red, White, and Blue stomachs are made of more stringent stuff than apparently any other human's guts are. Otherwise dear leaders would never assure us such chemical laden "food" was safe, would they?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Can't we make our own overly processed toxic chicken ourselves anymore? The government wants us totally dependent on the imports so we cannot challenge the system and still survive. I suppose it will soon be illegal to process junk food in this country. They cannot get our factories to put the chemicals they want in the food because their workers eat it. The Chinese will do whatever the FDA wants, after all the Chinese won't be eating it anyway. Control the food and control the people

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
ah ratz! Or should I say dogonitz?
2nd un

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Yea, your right!

At least I can go into my grocers and the seafood is labeled as to it's point of origin. It amazes me how much of our seafood is from, Taiwan, China, Indonesia etc etc....

But you see, raw seafood is not considered processed, therefore the law requires it to be labeled.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Meh, I ate some SPAM last week. It contained "mechanically separated chicken". Pretty tasty when fried up with eggs.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Let me point out what a goddamned crazy world we live in. The feds outlawed importation of the chocolate "Kinder Surprise" eggs from Italy (a country with quite robust food labeling and content laws intended to keep the people informed and safe.) The US outlawed these by using this:
en.wikipedia.org...

The 1938 Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act contains a section highlighting that a confectionery product with a non-nutritive object, partially or totally imbedded within it, cannot be sold within the United States, unless the FDA issues a regulation that the non-nutritive object has functional value.

Soaking foodstuffs in biocide and acid tattoo removal agents apparently has either a nutritive value or a functional value to the FDA, but "Oh Hell No!" can an adult purchase a high quality chocolate egg with a toy surprise in it.

The United States Government: Turning Cranial/Rectal Inversion into an Art Form since 1861.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Soaking foodstuffs in biocide and acid tattoo removal agents apparently has either a nutritive value or a functional value to the FDA, but "Oh Hell No!" can an adult purchase a high quality chocolate egg with a toy surprise in it.

The United States Government: Turning Cranial/Rectal Inversion into an Art Form since 1861.

LoL!!!! It isn't really funny, but I had to laugh at that!

My question is why?

What good can come out of the USDA doing this?

Loss of American job maybe?

A safer food product? /sarcasm

As to your questions and mine, I am sure if there was a way to "Follow the Money" the insanity of what they are doing would become quite clear.......

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I seems obvious to me that corporations have paid off the government to allow this importation. As mentioned by others, so much for jobs in the US.

Whose country do our Congress and government employees work for? Doesn't seem to be the US.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ok I have a question on this.
One would imagine that the chickens will be shipped to China frozen, not live. So they get to the giant chicken factory in China and would presumably need to be thawed to turn into a chicken patty. And then frozen again.

Now maybe my mama lied to me but i'm pretty sure she said once I thaw out something I should not re-frezze it.

So how is it they can or is that just an old wives tale?

Oh and I think its disgusting we would let this happen

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

seeker1963
DON'T WORRY THOUGH! The USDA assures us that the food will be safe....

The check is in the mail, the Titanic is unsinkable and OJ was innocent.

I'll pass on Chinese chicken stuff as best as I can.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Chickity China the Chinese chicken. You have a drumstick and your brain stops tickin'....

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Jesus,,,I don't trust our own food let alone China? They are going to kill us slowly....good luck trying to sue China...

new topics

top topics

join