It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could create a weapon that could destroy the world.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
If you knew how to create a super weapon that uses mother nature as it's energy source, would you give it to the military knowing they would use it?

Or would it be more moral to just go to your grave with that secret? eg..Nikolas Tesla.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I would probably keep it unless the US were invaded or something. If that ever happened then I would give it to the US military. But not until then.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
NO.
Nukes are bad enough and even Albert Einstein had misgivings about haveing helped develop the atomic bomb.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
I would probably keep it unless the US were invaded or something. If that ever happened then I would give it to the US military. But not until then.

What if it had secondary uses that would benefit the space program? Does anyone think that we would use it only for space exploration?

Catch 22 situation. Help mankind evolve towards the stars or watch it's use be perverted for destruction of mankind.

I think I would carry it to my grave.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Any thing that has/will be delevoped can and WILL be used by the millitary. The only thing that I can think of that can not help you win a war while at the same time reduce your odds of loosing (i.e. kill someone and save you) is a light bulb (sure you can break it and slice someone, but that can be said for just about anything). If they knew 100% that it would end the world with one use then i would HOPE that they wouldn't be stupid enough to use it. What's the point of winning the war if you're dead? So would I give it to them, yes and hopefull they would tone it down, not up.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
No need for a super weapon. US has enough nuclear weapons to destroy the earth 10 times over.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well are we jumping ahead now.

First let me create a weapon that will destroy the world and then I will tell you the answer.

p.s. I am beginning to hate hypothetical situtaions.

Surf

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Well are we jumping ahead now.

First let me create a weapon that will destroy the world and then I will tell you the answer.

p.s. I am beginning to hate hypothetical situtaions.

Surf

May I suggest 100 million tons of napalm? Heh.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by BurningAces]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BurningAces

Originally posted by surfup

May I suggest 100 million tons of napalm? Heh.

Better yet, let us vote Bush into power, wait we already have, uh-huh.

Surf

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'll carry it to my grave;I don't want to be guilty like Albert Einstein when he gave nuclear weapons to the USA.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD
I'll carry it to my grave;I don't want to be guilty like Albert Einstein when he gave nuclear weapons to the USA.

The Nazi started research on how to make Nuclear Weapons first, then the US followed the suit, right? Though US sucessfully made one first.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by W4rl0rD

wow, let us stop right there. Albert did what? He gave what to U.S.?

True Albert found out the correlation between light and matter, but when did he give nuclear bomb to the U.S. Hell, he wasn't even on the team that developed the weapon. All Einstein did was tell FDR that Nazis are on their way to creating it. Nothing else.

p.s. Did you notice the thread starter has been banned, and he registered only today. Now that must be a record.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Maybe he intentionally made his name like that.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Maybe he intentionally made his name like that.

lol no, he was banned.

Surf

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
No Einstein did'nt actually invent the atomic bomb. Some of his theories helped develop it though. He urged the president at that time to start building it. He was afraid the Germans were working on it too and might have it before us.

[edit on 18-11-2004 by elaine]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
No Einstein did'nt actually invent the atomic bomb. He urged the president at that time to start building it. He was afraid the Germans were working on it too and might have it before us.

He didn't invent the bomb, but he was responsible for the development of the Formula of the Bomb.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
lol, you beat me to it BurningAce. I edited my post though.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

He didn't invent the bomb, but he was responsible for the development of the Formula of the Bomb.

Actually the bomb part was one of the uses of the bomb. Albert never thought his formula could be used for the bomb. In fact it is none other than the famous E = mc2 formula, clearly it was meant for physics.

Surf

IBM

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I would promptly keep it hidden at an underground US military facility, in case the US were attacked by a full force invasion.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
I would promptly keep it hidden at an underground US military facility, in case the US were attacked by a full force invasion.

So you would use the bombs on US soil and contaminate it, Disfiguring and befoul future generations?

<<   2  3 >>

join