It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You Handle The Following Situation?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

That's the way I would be about it. If it were something like a comet hitting us, I don't think I'd ever even look at it. Quiet days, telling everyone what I want them to know, then just resign to the idea that it's all over. And that's it.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I would tell everyone that I could. Regardless of the outcome, they deserve to know as well. Like another poster stated... we don't value life enough until we find out it will be shortened dramatically. That includes me if I am being honest. Right or wrong most of us would spend our remaining time with those we love, take time to do/see/say things that we have put off for one reason or another. We would all want the chance to right the wrongs we may have done and just contemplate life itself, how we chose to live it and how we choose to end it.

I would want to know and I am not any more special than anyone else to be able to spend my time differently than I would otherwise because I had some kind of insider information. Others deserve that time and how they choose to spend it afterwards is their issue.

It would be great if we all lived like we were dying, but the majority of us do not. Everybody deserves a chance to set things right in the end.
edit on 12/13/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

But see, what if your sons want to experience as much of the world as possible?
Sex, drugs, alcohol.. see the Eiffel tower?

If it was definitive, id tell everyone i loved that i loved them, id spend maybe a month with them, then id pack a bag kiss them good bye and go do everything ive ever wanted to do.

hookers, drugs, visit all the cities, drink live like ive never lived before!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Personally, I would tell no one if I were privy to the knowledge of when the world were to end.

Before it would happen, I would probably, in this order, have a smoke, take a shower (for some odd reason?), have another smoke, I'd then gather those I love in an 'overly calm' gentle and kind manner, I would sit them down and initiate a random (random to them) conversation about love, pointing out specific reasons why they mean a lot to me and how they have helped me, and what we have accomplished through our lifetime as a family and individually, and how (even if we did or didn't) we have done our best. All being said with smiles, gentleness, and an 'overly calm' demeanor. We would also be accompanied with our favorite drinks and/or desserts (kind of like a 'last meal' before death row execution) and it would end with a warm group hug that would last longer than usual hugs.

At no time would I mention, in any subtle way, or imply to the ones I loved, or anyone else for that matter, that we are on the brinks of known. immediate death.

I think it would not only be cruel to be notified of a global, impending and immediate, unpreventable death, but it would also serve no positive or moral purpose any way you look at it. Why put such fear and internal doom inside the heart of a person during the last moments of their life about something they and everyone else has no control over. I think it would also be pointless to inform the public WHY it was happening (if it were a case of something WE as a society caused) as there would be nobody alive for the aftermath anyways. Remember, if this happens, don't fret if you are told about it, because we all go together you know.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

I would probably gather up my family and friends, go to a place with mountainous terrain, camp out at about three thousand meters with them, and my bass guitar on a portable amp, and wait to accompany the last trumpet call with a crushing, earth sundering riff, because in that scenario, when you know you are going out, you have to go out epic. These are the rules.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

The older I get...the most important things to me are family: mine is very small. But if I think about it, I realize they are why I get up and work when I dont feel like it...or when Im ill and have to work anyway...when Im too tired to do much...its for them.

I have a lot of "stuff"....but I could lose it all tomorrow. Let the comets fall along with the nukes...

But as long as I have them...it'll be ok.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Too true, my friend. I wonder, there are those who might have trouble deciding just whom they want to spend their last hours. I wander why they would do? Good thing this is only hypothetical.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Very inspirational stuff there. If more people thought your way, perhaps this world would be a much better place, you know?

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Thanks. The stuff that once seemed not to make sense...now does. And the things that were once seemingly important...arent.
Thanks Again....Happy Holidays

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Probally would tell my close family. Then as the day arrived, throw a cook out, have a nice meaty steak, a little shrimp, and damn sure "fall off the wagon & have it drag me around" smoke a leftie or two and await fate. As long as I have my family with me at the end time, nothing else matters. Damn sure gonna miss my cats.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

openyourmind1262
Probally would tell my close family. Then as the day arrived, throw a cook out, have a nice meaty steak, a little shrimp, and damn sure "fall off the wagon & have it drag me around" smoke a leftie or two and await fate. As long as I have my family with me at the end time, nothing else matters. Damn sure gonna miss my cats.

Nah...your cats are goners, too. LOL. make sure you grill them a nice tuna steak on that BBQ you're having.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join