It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You Handle The Following Situation?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
You somehow discover that the world will end in a matter of months. This event is a definite Extinction Level Event. . .completely unsurvivable:

Would you tell anyone?

Who would it be?

What one thing on your list would you try to do before the world ends?

I'm not trying to initiate a debate thread, I just want to know the personal thoughts of individuals who know they're facing extinction.

NOTE: - Your responses will help to generate a genuine section of a small personal research project.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Absolutely going to happen in a few short months?

Quit my job. Have hubby quit his. I would tell him, and my sons.
I would have both sons move back in. And just spend as much time as possible, laughing, crying, and just "being" together and making sure they all knew how much I love them.

The only other thing I would do is spend as much time as possible with my grandsons.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i have predicted 2 deaths of people via premonitions in my dreams and from a vision/siezure ( i supposedly have temporal lobe epilepsy)

in this position what would you do?

say nothing and sit and wait... they die you knew it was coming and did nothing

or

tell them look like a nutjob. or maybe they take heed and they avoid death, but have you altered the natural flow of things ( kinda like final destination)

thankfully theres only been 2 and 1 waiting

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Absolutely beautiful.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

Excellent point. . .should we alter what fate has in store for us? Very interesting.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

If it were a truly 100% unsurvivable event I would tell no one. I see no need to make others deal with the thought of their own demise when powerless to do anything about it.
I would live life as I do now but paying more attention to spending time with my loved ones.

reply to post by truthseeker10

I would do exactly the same as above in this situation as well.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You somehow discover that the world will end in a matter of months...Would you tell anyone?

I can think of no scenario where I would be in that position, but let's play...

I would tell close colleagues (because, obviously, I would be a scientist and would need to confirm my findings with them).

I couldn't guarantee they would keep quiet about it but I wouldn't tell anyone close to me.

I would pipe my exhaust into my car, take a barbiturate, turn on the engine and go to sleep.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Telling people changes only the way they use their time. I suspect that it would create negative impact. Beyond that, folks wouldn't believe you.

No, id keep it private, LIkely would struggle to believe it myself (2012 and Y2K, anyone?). And would just live out what was left of my life until it ended. Just like I am doing now.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I would take a survey from people on the street for a day or two and if the numbers were overwhelming that people wanted to know, then I would tell them.

Problem is they would treat me like we do here on ATS to the doomer's that say the world is going to end never does.

Would I waste any more time on trying to convince people that this event was real...NOPE...I would hit the best beach in the world and hope I live long enough to see the event take place.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
A strange quirk of human nature that we only put value on our time in life when we are told we suddenly have less than we thought.
To me, LIFE/DEATH is the only guaranteed extinction level event and nobody survives. Everybody already knows, and they also know they could get an incurable disease next week or die in an accident tomorrow.
But we sadly ignore all that and waste time with unimportant things (myself just as guilty) all the while preaching, "Someday, I'll spend more time with my family, quit my job, travel, party like there's no tomorrow..."
Do it now.
Don't wait for the warning of an asteroid hitting you on the head.
Just go do it.
The million excuses you give right now are small comfort when you look death in the face.
" I wish I had ..." are the most common last words.
edit on 12-12-2013 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

Very neat, I have believe that would just be an ideal thing to do.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

AccessDenied
A
But we sadly ignore all that and waste time with unimportant things (myself just as guilty) all the while preaching, "Someday, I'll spend more time with my family, quit my job, travel, party like there's no tomorrow..."
Do it now.
Don't wait for the warning of an asteroid hitting you on the head.
Just go do it.

AccessDenied , that is truly excellent response, you must be a very intelligent person.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

True, it is so easy to be labeled a conspiracy theorist or a nut because you might have information that is related to the destruction of our planet. Is it worth it to tell anyone?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks for commenting on this thread, love the avatar by the way, but I agree it's probably best to keep it quiet until it just can't be ignored.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Divine Strake
reply to post by Battleline

True, it is so easy to be labeled a conspiracy theorist or a nut because you might have information that is related to the destruction of our planet. Is it worth it to tell anyone?

Just to the people that you care about...the rest can eat cake.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I'd jump into my spaceship and get back to my reptilian colony on the dark side of the moon and warn the mother ship we may need an evac if this whole earth thing gets out of hand.
I'd probably try to take a few humans with me to preserve the species as they do make awesome slaves!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I would still try for survival. I would tell my immediate family and try to pool our resources. Friends..same.

If I could not.

I would find peace with the world. Show my child the wonders of life and its secrets before she had to go so young....help her finish her journey.....

Live well so I could, Die well......

edit on 12 12 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

If your scenario were real....none of it would matter.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

If your scenario were real....none of it would matter.

True, but we're always subject to some emotion or feeling about well, everything.
Since we're all destined to die anyway, should anything during our lifetime simply not matter also?
edit on 12 12 2013 by Divine Strake because: No reason just felt like hitting the edit button.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I think I would just want to be with my wife and little dog in the last minutes...resigned to the inevitable.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join