It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German police build 'Nazi Shazam' to track banned music

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Looks to me like the Nazi mindset and spirit is alive and well in Germany and I'm not talking about the Neo-Nazis either. For anyone who is not aware Germany outlaws songs that they disapprove of, more specifically "Nazi songs." The latest tool in crushing out anything that offends them is called "Nazi Shazam."

German police build 'Nazi Shazam' to track banned music

Dresden (Germany) (AFP) - German police are touting a new high-tech tool to identify illegal neo-Nazi songs in seconds, dubbed "Nazi Shazam" after popular music identification software.

Authorities in the eastern state of Saxony hope to use their brainchild to identify and shut down Internet radio stations that play banned songs.

"Music is an introduction to right-wing extremism, we all know that, so for me this is very important," Saxony interior minister Markus Ulbig told reporters in the state capital Dresden Wednesday.

We all know that...?? We do? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Using that guideline we should be outlawing sad music because people commit suicide, heavy metal and rap because it causes violence and raunchy stuff too because it causes promiscuity.

Given its dark history, Germany prohibits, in its constitution, Nazi glorification. And forbidden speech includes neo-Nazi songs. The government is tracking more than 180 right-wing bands, an underground scene they say helps recruit young people to extremist groups. NPR..

Now I'm not German (but have visited) and quite frankly this looks both pathetic and pitiful. Almost seems as if Germany doth protest too much.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
So what are they banning? Wagner?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Bedlam

No they still like him.
Didn't Angela Merkel use "Ride Of The Valkyries" as a back drop when she last visited Greece?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Wow, what a bunch of Nazis!

The irony haha

Imagine having that here in America, but only to track and get rid of all the crap music.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Bassago

Bedlam

No they still like him.
Didn't Angela Merkel use "Ride Of The Valkyries" as a back drop when she last visited Greece?

csb: My next younger brother married a nice Jewish girl. During the wedding, they played the standard Bridal Chorus music. I leaned over to her brother in law and said, "that's sort of ballsy, innit?", Norbert said "What?" and I said "Playing Wagner at a Jewish wedding, even if she is marrying a goyim".

That's when I realized he didn't know "Here Comes the Bride" is a Wagner piece. Whoops. Some of his friends had played that at their weddings. It's definitely Non Kosher.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's like "Swing Kids," but with the shoe/jackboot on the other foot.

Oh, it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing, do-wop, do-wop, do-wop...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Lazarus Short
It's like "Swing Kids," but with the shoe/jackboot on the other foot.

Oh, it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing, do-wop, do-wop, do-wop...

Ridiculous, isnt it?

In some misguided attempt to fight against the ideals of fascism they use the means of the state to round people up and lock them away.

The only defense one could offer up in court would be "Duh your honor. Freaking duh."

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Ja, it's the Fourth Reich of the Ridiculous!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
HA! Using Nazi tactics to stamp out Nazism! Great job Germany, just showed the world that you guys secretly aren't over the whole Nazi thing.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well, in this case I find it hard to oppose both banning Nazi music and using software which tracks and finds those songs on German servers and radio stations. There is nothing more black heart and vile than Nazi. The Nazi were a black scourge which engulfed all of Europe. If it was not for the solidarity and rock hard fighting spirit of the worker`s of the Soviet Union, the Nazi might have actually fully taken over. In my opinion, all Nazis, included Neo-Nazis, should be banned, tracked and hunted to the ends of the earth until the entire Nazi movement is totally smashed from human society forever.

I understand that my words are very strong but we are talking about Nazis. We can never `go easy` on Nazis or even give them the ability to speak. Germany is right for keeping such elements on a very short leash. The fascist Nazis must not be given any ability to gain any foot hold in human society.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomwv

And in doing so the Nazi's have won.

I think there's a Hitler quote along the lines of "the only way to combat fascism is to adopt fascism."

You're just trading places with your enemy.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

freedomwv
Well, in this case I find it hard to oppose both banning Nazi music and using software which tracks and finds those songs on German servers and radio stations.

And you don't see the irony in that statement?

Reminds me of this: NAZI APPROVED MUSIC
edit on 900pm1717pm22013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

freedomwv
If it was not for the solidarity and rock hard fighting spirit of the worker`s of the Soviet Union, the Nazi might have actually fully taken over.

I will let you in on the dirtiest little secret of the twentieth century: Communism was Zionist, and so was Nazism. So is Germany's current "democracy."

Whether you agree with me or not, free your mind and get away from politically-correct propaganda.
edit on 12-12-2013 by Lazarus Short because: offense removed, well, mostly

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This thread is starting to stink of something really bad. It is not being said outright but I am getting what is being implied via not only the original post but also by judging from a lot of the replies to the original post.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomwv

Something bad about not banning things? Not arresting people for their beliefs? Not using force of government to shape peoples lives and opinions?

The horror. The horror.

"The truth is that men are tired of liberty." - Mussolini

Guess he was right.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

freedomwv
This thread is starting to stink of something really bad. It is not being said outright but I am getting what is being implied via not only the original post but also by judging from a lot of the replies to the original post.

I was not implying anything in the OP. I was drawing a direct parallel between the actions of old Nazi Germany and the actions of the current Germany. Pointing out the hypocrisy and irony was strictly intended.

Sorry if that offends anyone but I didn't feel like agreeing with this hypocrisy just to be politically correct.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What are we really arguing about here? Nazi's? Well, they have been so demonized that an objective opinion is difficult to arrive at. Evil? Most political regimes, whether in the 1930 - 1945 timeframe, or today, are evil. Do you really suppose our "democracies" are not evil? The Axis Powers were evil, I admit, but given my own search into real history (not propaganda) I know that the Allied Powers were evil too. What this thread is about, for those that are asking, is political repression, denying labels and ignorance.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Lazarus Short

freedomwv
If it was not for the solidarity and rock hard fighting spirit of the worker`s of the Soviet Union, the Nazi might have actually fully taken over.

I will let you in on the dirtiest little secret of the twentieth century: Communism was Jewish, and so was Nazism. So is Germany's current "democracy." Hitler simply took the Master Race idea, scratched out "Jew" and wrote in "Aryan."

Whether you agree with me or not, free your mind and get away from politically-correct propaganda.

If you're going to make statements like this you'd better be prepared to provide credible documented information (and not that discredited hoax Protocols bs).

You are completely off topic and you have dropped an enormous anti-Semitic turd into a discussion on something else. Therefore, it is absolutely essential to at the very least ask for proof - I'm willing to be any 'proof' you may deign to provide will be opinionated partisan rubbish with no basis in reality!
edit on 12-12-2013 by cuckooold because: Are corrected punctuation errors evidence that aliens walk amongst us?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I am unsure if you understand exactly what the Germans are dealing with. They have a increasing strong and brave Neo-Nazi problem on their hands. It has been going on for a while now. They are running out of options to stomp it out. You don`t play around with Nazis. They don`t care about democracy at all. They will use and twist bourgeois notions of democracy in order to gain power. The type of democracy Germany has can easy be overrun by extreme fascist elements like Nazis. Here in Japan, we just returned to a state of fascism. Japan has a form of democracy similar to what Germany has these days. America is in a state of fascism due to the same form of democracy. It is happening globally currently. The Germans know this and they are taking steps to prevent it from happening to them. Social democracy is very weak when Capitalism starts to fail and fascist can easily take over.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cuckooold

With an attitude like that, you will only reject any documentation I provide. Do your own research. I do note that no one called the one fellow out on his veiled reference to Soviet "heroics" - decades of propaganda have made the issue too emotional and too knee-jerkish. I don't care to belabor the point, but I doubt that history, real history, aligns with most peoples' idea of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join