It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly a WoW Signal Ushering an End To Fossil Fuels

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The post title is misleading. Very annoying.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Lurker1
The post title is misleading. Very annoying.

Lol. Looks like you are also one of those that, are hoping / expecting
the aliens should come and rescue us from our problems

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tigertatzen

Sorry, I call BS on your claims about your stepdad. Nearly all employers (and certainly ones with engineers and scientists) will have intellectual property rights over things you develop while under their employ, so I highly doubt your stepdad could have patented it anyway as it would have been the companies to patent (which they did). I also highly suspect that it is a case of sour grapes on the part of your stepdad because he knew this and the reason he didn't challenge them stealing his idea was because he couldn't and knew it.

As for the OP, the maths doesn't stack up and you're not really making waves anyway. Hydrogen production is easy - children can do it. The problem is with storage - solve that and you'll be rich.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Angelic Resurrection
reply to post by alfa1

I tried the link, it works fine.

Where I am at the moment, the link is blocked by the court order .( I suppose it is because the freeview stuff which also must be available on the same site .)
You have a summation perhaps ?

Not surprising. Anti Gravity is a taboo subject at all the major
unis, the world over

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

stumason

As for the OP, the maths doesn't stack up and you're not really making waves anyway. Hydrogen production is easy - children can do it. The problem is with storage - solve that and you'll be rich.

I thought you claimed to be an engineer, but its evident
that you are not

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

dlbott
Hydrogen is the free energy solution for the world.

No, it isn't. Hydrogen is a clean energy source, but it isn't free. You must expend energy to obtain it and then also expend a large amount of energy compressing it for storage/transportation. As I said above, they still don;t have a decent, portable hydrogen storage tank you can put on a car without adding 2 tons to the weight.

dlbott
It is the most common element and no pollution.

It is clean, yes, but consider if everyone around the world used hydrogen instead of fossil fuels - the atmospheric water content would be much higher, leading to increased precipitation and possibly worse weather, not to mention that Water vapour is a much better greenhouse gas than CO2. It isn't the magic cure-all you're claiming and comes with it's own problems.

dlbott
Germany has already committed to hydrogen change over.

Have they?

dlbott
Iceland I think it is, is already all hydrogen.

No, they haven't.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Angelic Resurrection
I thought you claimed to be an engineer, but its evident
that you are not

I am, but my forte is telecommunications - I do however know that the reason why we don't have hydrogen cars now is not due to problems in production, as it is a piece of piss to do and you can do it yourself in your kitchen, it is storing the hydrogen safely, in quantities to make it worthwhile (the range on the car) in a tank that doesn't weigh a huge amount.

Instead of passing snide comments, how about you actually answer some of the technical questions posed to you in this thread. You're not convincing anyone.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Angelic Resurrection
Anti Gravity is a taboo subject at all the major unis, the world over

So is the subject of how invisible pink unicorns can fly.... Of course you ignore the fact that if someone was able to demonstrate anti gravity there would be a Nobel Prize for them!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

stumason
it is storing the hydrogen safely, in quantities to make it worthwhile (the range on the car) in a tank that doesn't weigh a huge amount.

As well as that problem, there is a problem with Hydrogen safety, and using it as a fuel it can produce

The hydrogen reaction has sufficient energy to break this bond and produce unwanted components such as nitric acid (HNO3), and hydrogen cyanide gas (HCN), both toxic byproducts

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

hellobruce

Angelic Resurrection
Anti Gravity is a taboo subject at all the major unis, the world over

So is the subject of how invisible pink unicorns can fly.... Of course you ignore the fact that if someone was able to demonstrate anti gravity there would be a Nobel Prize for them!

If there was a way to contact the nobel prize commitee, I would demonstrate it to them.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Angelic Resurrection
If there was a way to contact the nobel prize commitee, I would demonstrate it to them.

How about following the correct procedure.... oh, and first you would have to show antigravity, something you are unable to actually do!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Water powered cars are now possible, but its not without engineering hurdles.
An onboard electrolyzer wouldn't need any hifi storage tank for hydrogen on a car.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

hellobruce

Angelic Resurrection

How about following the correct procedure.... oh, and first you would have to show antigravity, something you are unable to actually do!

My link does say that a video can be screened for potential licensees.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Angelic Resurrection

hellobruce

Angelic Resurrection

My link does say that a video can be screened for potential licensees.

Oh, so you have a video, but not a actual working device.... I am sure you will get the Nobel Peace prize as well!
Also your "link" goes to a April fool's joke on the hoax forum....a joke made more than 2 1/2 years ago oops, I made a mistake - a joke made more than 3 1/2 years ago!, and as expected nothing at all has happened about your device!
edit on 14-12-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Put it out there on the net...If your claims are true you will make more money than Jesus by doing tons of interviews plus imagine the bootie you will get for being the saviour of mankind.
Do the right thing...don't be a sell out.
edit on 14-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

boymonkey74
Put it out there on the net...If your claims are true you will make more money than Jesus by doing tons of interviews plus imagine the bootie you will get for being the saviour of mankind.
Do the right thing...don't be a sell out.
edit on 14-12-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

ugh, you do have a stomach turning av, besides learn to spell.
Hey thanks for the advice anyway

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

crazyewok

g146541
why not post all of your research on every website you can for the good of mankind?

Why should he?

If he HAS done what he has claimed then he desrves to reap the rewards of his hard work and success. I

why should he spill it and let most likley some already rich enegrgy baron take his work and make money off it?

He should patent it first THEN tell us how its done.

Because it WILL save millions of lives if he does tell the world...that's why.

And incidentally, while holding on for patents, protracted discussions over licensing deals, scrounging funding for tooling and manufacture, applying for permits for this that and the other - chasing the money in other words - will mean 100's of 1000's of people will die from lack of energy while all this is happening.

So..my advice is this to ANY person who feels they have groundbreaking solutions to major alternative energy problems such as cracking H2O into H and O2 and / or H2O2, is to publish and publish immediately.

Open source the idea, invention of process, insights...everything and then ask for donations from those who feel they have benefit from those innovations..if everyone who used the idea or process gave 50 pence/cents or whatever, the inventor would have too much money to spend in several lifetimes and people will be saved from freezing to death, starving to death, poisoned by filthy water, baked to death in scorching temperatures, and so on.

Peoples lives by the 1000's are more important than money, any amount of money.

Act now, reap later.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

I know full well how a "water powered" car could work, the premise is quite simple really, however it is really over engineering what is essentially a battery powered car, as you need an on board power supply to electrolyse the water into hydrogen and oxygen, which is then burnt in a turbine to produce electrical power with the subsequent water fed back into the tank to repeat all over again.

It is, however, quite pointless having the water and turbine in the first place - you may as well just have the battery pack.

The only advantage this system would have over the pure battery solution is being able to provide much more current from the turbine than batteries could, leading to a more power to drive the car, however any increase in engine power would be offset by the subsequent increase in vehicular weight from lugging the water tank around. Water is very hard to compress (uses a lot of energy) and very heavy, not to mention the additional tanks/piping required to hold and direct the oxygen and hydrogen into the turbine.

A far simpler solution, which is currently beyond our technical ability, is to have a hydrogen tank feed pure hydrogen into a turbine to drive electric motors which drive the wheels, with exhaust gases (in this case water) just being released into the atmosphere. Such a car would be incredibly powerful - electric motors having high torque (in fact, Lotus have an electric powered super car which is like lightning) but we still have the problem for storing the hydrogen safely.

A possible solution to storing hydrogen which I have pondered is using a tank filled with carbon nanotubes arranged in a lattice. Nanotubes have been shown to be able to hold other substances within them quite safely and such a solution would, in theory, help prevent a catastrophic release of hydrogen in the case of a breach.

Couple this with the system the USAF uses on it's C-130 fuel tanks which releases a pressurised foam in the case of a breach to slow the release of flammable material and you could be onto a winner. Using the nanotubes and also perhaps a casing made out of the same would mean you could have a lighter tank too with the same strength as a cast iron one.

Further more, if you had at home a Wind/Solar powered catalyst system generating Hydrogen out of water from renewable energy, you could fill up at home for free too...

See - instead of focussing my efforts on trying to defraud people out of their money with snake oil and fake machines, I've actually applied my engineering knowledge to the problem and have the groundwork for a solution.
edit on 14/12/13 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
oh ya big oil companies worth trillions are are just gonna pack up shop is that it?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Even if this machine worked (or any hydrogen powered car/machine), the Big Oil firms won't be hurt too bad. Firstly, it would take time to replace them all and build the infrastructure needed to support them and secondly, they make plenty of money out of all the other uses for Oil, of which fuel only forms a part.

I'm also sure that if the demand for hydrogen picked up, they'd be the first to build the facilities to manufacture it and if not, they'd deserve to go out of business and have their CEO's shot at dawn for being so short-sighted.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join