It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The case of incest and depravity which came to rest in the hills of a quiet country town

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You all find this shocking?
You find this to be a very terrible thing?

What about 1,400 years of incest !
This is what Muslims do and have done sense Mohammad!
Marrying your First cousin is standard practice for them.
All kinds of genetic issues going on.
Search Google and it won’t take long to find out just how bad it really is….
For heaven’s sake: Quran allows marriages with grandmothers and granddaughters

So, if your shocked by this little tid bit, then the Muslims way of everyday life should scare the crap out of you…it does me.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Ollie769
Geeze, this little cell of throwbacks sounds like an old X-Files episode. One I never really liked. And they got away, too!

Mutant mother on a skateboard... still very creepy.

The first cousin thing in my mind is 'ok' personally I think its really stupid to do, but it does happen either deliberately or through true love, but given they only have a small amount of DNA in common its not quite as problematic (ie say you have half your mothers genes which your mother got from their parents, and they your cousin have half or nearly the same half of grandparent genes from your mothers brother, throw in recombination(?) and its slight but still probable issues could occur) its probably how the idea of first cousins marrying came about, from trial and error I guess it became known that its the closest and least risky inter family connect you can go to before you get problems... as long as a coupling like thats children dont breed with any one inside the family it should mix up the genes enough to remove any future complications... and damage happens regardless from poor diet and environmental damage to the DNA.

Thing is whats scary is when you think about it you never know unless you look just how close another persons DNA is to your own. Even a complete supposed stranger in the same town as you might have some genetic connection to your family, and you'd never know about it unless you went back a bit.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
My first thought was: YUCK. Then I read the article. The true sickos in this plot were the great-great-grandparents. Grody. These kid's version of "normal" is intimate relations with family members. (I can't believe I typed that sentence.) After several generations of this behavior, and no doubt being made to be normal by the originators, what else would they know? They only knew each other, and they probably thought nothing of it. Still disgusting and wrong.

I feel deeply for this "family." Their lives are beyond screwed up. The children may never be right. And to the member who though this was 150 years worth of weirdness; The current "grandparents" are only in their 40ies. That means this has only been going on (based on ages of children) for 30-50 years.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DogMeat

I'm not sure all muslims live the same way, the same as I don't think all Christians live the same way. Seriously, not all muslims are "evil doers". I understand that religions have been fighting for thousands of years, but we live in 2013/almost 2014. Don't you all think it's time to try and get along so that the rest of us non-belivers can live in peace?? damn

@JackSparrow
I don't even think that cousin-loving should be going on. I know it happens everywhere on earth, but If someone can't find love outside their family then they are a pretty pathetic, moral less person(no offense).
edit on 13-12-2013 by Fylgje because: forgot something mang

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Terrible story. There is a REASON incest is taboo in every culture. I hope they can do something for these people.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

TrueBrit

Bloody hell!

This ghastly state of affairs is made no easier by the state of the elders of this group, who, by the sounds of it, were abused themselves, and may have grown up thinking of all of this as absolutely normal, making responding to their actions all the more difficult. Not only have the actions of the elders of the group, in continuing to propagate this scenario, doomed the younger members of this family to lives made harder by the genetic abnormalities they were bound to suffer, but the mental scarring, the skewed psycho-sexual development, the segregation away from regular society, will make the chances of any of these kids ever living a joyful life, slim at best, and non-existent at worst.

And it is difficult to know how to respond to the adults, and I bring this up again because I think it is worth pointing out, that if the adults in the family have indeed suffered similarly to the way the current young generation of the family are, then they are victims too, and their every action since childhood has been dictated by their own fears and mental dysfunctions, bought on by a combination of the manifestation of the effects of inbreeding in their own brain chemistry, and the psychological abuse they have also been through.

Yeah, you bring up some really good points here. Since this lasted for generations, it is basically a culture of its own. Even one person who is isolated and abused can have a hard time adjusting to regular society (which is also a culture, just more advanced). The blank slate argument really is an honest one.
edit on 13pmFri, 13 Dec 2013 20:05:28 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Wow! I have no words, them poor children
you dont expect to hear about that kind of stuff happening here in Aus!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Okay, that's nuts.

But judging from the miserable state of these people it would appear as if this incestuous little cul-de-sac was well into the process of resolving itself. Incest and inbreeding is repugnant to most humans. We might think this repugnance comes from divine command or moral imperative, but it is more likely an evolutionary response to a reproductive practice that comes with great risks to the health and perpetuation of our family lines.
Left to their own devices it is entirely possible that these sorry individuals would have encountered increasing morbidity and mortality and then gone extinct within the next couple of generations. The fact that they were already shunned by others indicates a cystification of their condition which would have protected the general population from genetic degeneration.

H.P. Lovecraft would have written such a deliciously creepy story about this lot... and their sacrifices to Cthulhu

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
A kangaroo was sleeping on one of kids beds, that's cute.
What was the quality of their lives like, who are we too judge them us stuck examples of homo modern superiority egomaniacal sanitised burbanites.

All the children had severe dental decay, were deaf, mute, couldn't read or write. Some even had misaligned eyes. All those are symptoms of inbreeding - you end up with fused joints, digestion problems, reduced mental function.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I could be incorrect, but thought it had been culturally unacceptable to most of the classes within societies across the world, for a long time now.

The exceptions seemed to be mostly related to nobility. It wouldn't have been in religious texts as taboo if it wasn't culturally unacceptable. I think it was basically, "do as I say, not as I do"... a double standard, where the kings would condemn the poor who practiced incest, but go on to do it his self. Think royalty figured it was worth the risk, overall.
edit on 15-12-2013 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pondrthis

you state

The fact that these people may be descended from penal colonists, when criminals have very high rates of mental disorders and infirmities, is telling.

a 5 minute search will reveal

en.wikipedia.org... The last Penal colony closed in 1868 en.wikipedia.org... Convicts in Aust During the late 18th and 19th centuries, large numbers of convicts were transported to the various Australian penal colonies by the British government. One of the primary reasons for the British settlement of Australia was the establishment of a penal colony to alleviate pressure on their overburdened correctional facilities. Over the 80 years more than 165,000 convicts were transported to Australia.[1] The number of convicts pales in comparison to the immigrants who arrived in Australia in the 1851–1871 gold rush. In 1852 alone, 370,000 immigrants arrived in Australia. By 1871 the total population had nearly quadrupled from 430,000 to 1.7 million people.[2] The last convicts to be transported to Australia arrived in Western Australia in 1868. further on: Poverty, social injustice, child labor, harsh and dirty living conditions and long working hours were prevalent in 19th-century Britain. Dickens' novels perhaps best illustrate this; even some government officials were horrified by what they saw. Only in 1833 and 1844 were the first general laws against child labor (the Factory Acts) passed in the United Kingdom.[

you state

they likely left society due to paranoia, etc, also indicative of mental infirmity. (I assume they aren't aborigines. Aborigines are far more civilized and used to living in the bush.)

SO Australia is made up of convicts and "pure bred" Aborigines ...right I see... what about the rest of us...care to speculate where the rest of us come from?

Maybe the great grandfather was a tax evader or a survivalist and didn't want to play the game...so he set up his own colony..See we could keep guessing all day long...

but your laziness in research as to the what defined one as Convict is very TELLING.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

You should read about the ghost rapes of south america (I think it was a Mennonite group or something similar). Its insane what these men were getting away with (and some continue to).

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join