It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The case of incest and depravity which came to rest in the hills of a quiet country town

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

They found 40 adults and children living in two filthy caravans, two sheds and tents on an unsewered block with no running water.

Dirt caked the surfaces of stoves and cooking facilities, rotten vegetables lay in a refrigerator and a kangaroo was sleeping on one of the children's beds.

Exposed electric wires, bags of rubbish and chainsaws lay about.

There were no toilets, showers or baths.

The children were unwashed and wore dirty clothes.

They were shy and made little eye contact.

Few were capable of intelligible speech; almost all had fungal infections in their feet.

Some had oddly-formed features, which scientific tests would later reveal was a result of "homozygosity" or identical gene patterns of both of the children's parents.

The case of incest and depravity which came to rest in the hills of a quiet country town

This reminded me about the movie "Wrong Turn " sure we think nothing like in that movie can happen nowadays..
Australia has a large remote areas which explains why this "Family" haven´t been exposed before..

Another Source

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Wow. I just read the source article....stunned and speechless.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
A kangaroo was sleeping on one of kids beds, that's cute.
What was the quality of their lives like, who are we too judge them us stuck examples of homo modern superiority egomaniacal sanitised burbanites.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Same here

What can one say

WOW

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
To have destroyed so many young lives .. those parents ... simply inhuman.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
As an Aussie who has traveled a fair bit around our Great Southern Land, I would not be surprised to hear that this is not an isolated incident, and that there are other similar incestual families hidden out there in the outback that have remained undiscovered.

Australia has a population of 23 million in a land area approximately the same size as the U.S. There are LOTS of places to hide from the authorities and nobody would know.
edit on 12/12/2013 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

"Wrong Turn", lol!

It is a very strange phenomenon.

The Family Workers have cut a tough assignment this time! How would you sort all that out to meet modern standards of civilization?

I wonder how it got to be like that, where this strange tribe went wrong?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

AthlonSavage
What was the quality of their lives like, who are we too judge them us stuck examples of homo modern superiority egomaniacal sanitised burbanites.

This from someone who probably doesn't leave the house without deodorant.
It's abusive. Even animals clean their homes. Birds remove the soiled grass from their nests.
They probably had fleas too if animals were sleeping on the beds. I am willing to bet Neanderthal cleaned the cave.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

You haven't read the full article have you?

Physical and mental disabilities from generations of incest.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

AthlonSavage

The girls, younger than 10, were being stripped naked, tied to trees, and having sex with brothers, fathers, and uncles. They had numerous diseases, rotten teeth, could barely speak, had no idea of the concept of showering, or toilets, and 15 year olds could not do simple math.

[SNIP]

Mod Note: Civility and Decorum are expected wirhin all topics - please review this link

edit on 12/12/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Before everyone jumps down his throat, lets give the poster the benefit of the doubt and assume that they did not read the article properly. The poster should have the chance to retract and correct their mistake - if it was a mistake.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

I read about this earlier today and wondered abouy something. Obviously its terrible and just weird as hell (the article I read called them "cult" but I don't know why?) , but it said they were about 4 geberations of incest yet there were severe abnormalities in the children. I don't know much about it but I thought it took a looong tine of inbreeding to cause problems. Like I said I don't know much about it but from what I've read ("blue bloods" and royalty marrying in family) I thought it took a lobg time. Maybe its because they were such close relations.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Bloody hell!

The information which has been presented thus far is pretty damned harrowing in and of itself, but the thing that really gets between ones vertebrae about this, in my opinion, is that when you consider the speech and communication issues that all the children have, it is probable that the terrible things they have spoken of already, are not a complete recounting of the abuses they have all suffered. They will be the things that have lodged in their minds, but there will likely be thousands of incidents, which though terrible, have been washed aside, or more accurately buried under the weight of the sheer amount of suffering they have endured.

This ghastly state of affairs is made no easier by the state of the elders of this group, who, by the sounds of it, were abused themselves, and may have grown up thinking of all of this as absolutely normal, making responding to their actions all the more difficult. Not only have the actions of the elders of the group, in continuing to propagate this scenario, doomed the younger members of this family to lives made harder by the genetic abnormalities they were bound to suffer, but the mental scarring, the skewed psycho-sexual development, the segregation away from regular society, will make the chances of any of these kids ever living a joyful life, slim at best, and non-existent at worst.

And it is difficult to know how to respond to the adults, and I bring this up again because I think it is worth pointing out, that if the adults in the family have indeed suffered similarly to the way the current young generation of the family are, then they are victims too, and their every action since childhood has been dictated by their own fears and mental dysfunctions, bought on by a combination of the manifestation of the effects of inbreeding in their own brain chemistry, and the psychological abuse they have also been through.

The system under which they have lived for generations, is just as much self replicating as it is self destructive, because even as they reinforce the genetic coding malformities which would see the family line self eradicate over time, the psychological abuse keeps these people orbiting around each other, rather than seeking aid outside the family circle, which would be hard enough without the speech impediments, lack of hygiene, and the behavioral issues which the younger members of the family display.

These people have been a culture unto themselves for generations, and as such it is difficult to know precisely how to proceed with any potential reintegration into society, for those young enough to be reprogrammed anyway. For the elders, I hold no hope that they will ever be able to enter mainstream society. I would posit that the best they can hope for is a good psychiatric unit for the rest of their days, because to have not only suffered themselves, but been the root of the suffering of their own offspring must be a burden of gargantuan proportions. It is likely that the head of the family has been unwilling to accept the reality of what she has been responsible for, because to do so would see her entire psyche collapse under the guilt.

This case, and even the little we know, that has been released, or revealed on the topic is tragic, horrific, and thoroughly awful, and is likely to be merely the peak of an extremely ugly iceberg.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

AthlonSavage

Thats a joke right?

Next you will say josef fritzl should not have been judged.
edit on 12-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The 2nd source referred to them as a "cult".
That was disingenuous and uncalled for.
They are still a "family" after all, they're all each other have.
Of course you can't let kids grow up in this kind of environment.
Yet it's been going on for 5 generations.
Something went wrong several generations back.

I have no idea what the solution is here, breaking up families should be a last resort.
That said I see no other way to help these people other than to do that and try to find foster care for all of them.

Sad and pathetic but it's hard to find evil intent here.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

crazyewok

AthlonSavage

Thats a joke right?

Next you will say josef fritzl should not have been judged.
edit on 12-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

I don't think he meant it like that. It was just clumsy; he did not read the story properly. Everyone here makes that mistake, usually only once though, lol, after the grilling they get for it...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

The family, in this instance, needs to be separated. The cycle needs to stop.

And as mentioned above, the children could be rehabilitated and go on to live somewhat normal lives.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Inbreeding do have weak genepool causing stillborns and deformations etc. In King Tut´s tomb there were mummies of two stillborns whos father Tut were and mother neither King´s sister or niece according dna researches. What comes to Royal blood and it´s inbreeding, sure that had happened but also there has been childrens which are outbread which have brought some new genes to the pool and they did not married too close relatives but more like married land and fortune outside own country ( which also had some outbred genepool ). Maybe the scandalous lifestyle of Royal´s have spared them from such a disaster like in this case in Australia.

This is wicked mess to solve. In one hand adults are guilty and also victims themselves, depending pretty much what is their own understanding and mental capacities. Should the kid´s be ripped off from their families.. males and females should be separated from each others no matter what their age are.

edit on 12-12-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
geez. ok so i cant help but think of this as a social genetic bottleneck.

if evolotion holds true we came from something like that and while it is gross it is also facinating.

they went into town people knew but after generations of interbreeding with a bro/sis family genisis wierd things pop out.

just fasinating. but i wont judge those involved they haddent much of a chance. and now that the state is involved their bloodline on this planet, it would seem, is on its way out

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join