It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes It's a "RACE" Thread..what would you do!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

The vid takes you to Harlem the disputed capitol of Blk America,in this staged situation among common folks
A white female is placed in a potentially hostile situation and given the explosive situation of interracial relationships, how would the average blk person react.

More of the same but in a more diverse crowd.

This vid register the response of two sets of bike thieves interesting perceptions.

A response to Antisemitism by ordinary folks.

This soldier do us proud

Sometimes I get discouraged reading negative comments and plain ol nastiness both here and elsewhere where some folks cannot have empathy for the other I almost forgot that these ordinary folks exist how do you respond when you see abuse verbal or other wise taking place right in front of you. ..pls take time to view the vids...

edit on 12-12-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
First video down.

Yep... had to wipe a tear away and hold down the frog in my throat that kept trying to jump out.

To bring it full circle to the heart of this site: If I confess in my deepest of hearts I have a constant nagging sensation that the "TPTB" are an almost incomprehensibly complex equivalent of Rachael.
edit on 12-12-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

Thank you for this post OP. Just goes to show we are getting better, but a little more to go. It was emotionally touching, all of them. Gave me hope and a little more faith in humanity today.

There's hope yet.

S & F
edit on 12-12-2013 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

I don't need to watch any video to know that racism is dead, I know too many interracial couples to believe such nonsense.
Of course there will be small pockets of resistance, such as the idiots who continue to bring up these silly questions.
Damn man, put your club down and join the present, we don't wear skins and furs and hunt in packs anymore.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Thank you for your post OP, as DaphneApollo stated it does show that there is hope for humanity. I also consider the videos educational, people generally only consider their personal feelings when confronted with a situation such as those used as examples, these video's provide an outside looking in/fly on the wall perspective of such situations.

I looked at the YouTube page these are from and found some others including people adopting children outside of their race.

That vid made me sad, thank God none of my family shares the racist views, my niece is bi-racial and if someone were to show such disrespect for our family, or such disrespect for another family that is mixed they would be the ones walking out in tears and ashamed.

I have to add my personal opinion regarding these obvious examples of racism and disrespect, along with compassion and acceptance, looking through these video's and some of the others on the YouTube page, in the examples of racism and disrespect I also see a strong element on the part of the offenders of an attempt to control others as if they consider themselves above the people they are abusing.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I've seen this and read somewhere it was all staged unfortunately. I'm losing more and more faith in these "feel good" videos floating around.

Racism is alive and well, and it's not white on black racism either. I won't go into details about crime rates and statistics as anyone can find that out via a simple Google search. However I will say that history repeats itself.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
See, the issue is... a white girl dating a black guy is more acceptable than a white guy dating a black girl, especially in urban areas.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Im a whitey and I havent dated a white girl in 7 years, Its not that I have anything against them its just that its not easy to find single white women in SE Asia.

I deal with stares and comments all the time, to be honest I kinda get off on it but thats me.

1 time though I went back to a girls house and on the way in a security guard said to another one in Tamil "looking at this slut taking the white guy home" I didnt understand and didnt even know they were talking about us but she looked sick, I asked what was wrong and she told me, It was friken on!!!!!
I went back and grabbed the guy by his collar and pushed him up against the wall, he didnt speak English and when he found out my friend spoke Tamil he went paler then me.
The poor guy almost started crying saying he wasnt talking about her and then changing it to she misheard.

In the end after a few more good shoves against the wall I told him to watch his mouth and that I was going to complain about him to management. Next day I went and spoke to the building manager and a few days later the guy was sacked and sent back to Sri Lanka.
I felt a bit bad when I found that out.

I can understand guys here who get upset with white guys dating locals, generally we have greater spending power which means these girls come to expect the holidays and fancy dinners etc etc that comes with dating expats. But since most expats are only here for a good time as opposed to a long time it normally ends in tears for the girl.

Back home s'n-word's or stares would be out of order, here a bit of racism is just par for the course

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

kimish
See, the issue is... a white girl dating a black guy is more acceptable than a white guy dating a black girl, especially in urban areas.

It is coming from the old caveman attitudes that a black man and a white woman is ok because it is like a dominating thing over the white people, but the other way round is perceived as being dominated.

For me the notion of race is dead, like another poster said. There is beauty and cruelty in all peoples in equal measure. Racism is a manifestation of our own minds. It is primeval and my caveman description is most fitting if you think about it. We create racism by dwelling on differences instead of on similarities.

Racism is dead, Long live humanity!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
My grandmother grew up in that time and her best friend was a black girl. They grew up together and didn't care about the BS. They were friends until her friend died at a ripe old age. They were poor, grew up in the depression. Poor knows no color boundaries. Neither does douchebag. As she raised me she would always reinforce that "N**** is a word for ignorant people, black, white, yellow." Her God rest her soul.

I don't know where my mom came from, she's a racist, homophobic bigot. My other two aunts not so much, my uncle is the same.

I'm glad my grandmother raised me to be above that garbage.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

If more people had your attitude and outlook on life, we'd be living in a better place.

Star for you.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

kimish
reply to post by Revolution9

If more people had your attitude and outlook on life, we'd be living in a better place.

Star for you.

Kimish, that is what my Avatar is all about; Billie Holiday's "Strange Fruit". It cut so deep with me, that and many other songs, literature and experiences that came out of the slavery and bondage of racism.

Martin Luther King's Dream is a very civilized vision. He gave so much to try and help us all. Another great hero of profound multi racial civilized thought is Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia. His speeches and ideas were/are wonderful.

I am actually a mixed race guy of Caucasian and Hebrew. The Avatar's for Billie; my desire to comfort the Blues that made her life so difficult back then.

Like minds, Kimish. Thanks for your words of encouragement. The same to you. Keep spreading your presence here!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
so it's black and white,

that is the problem?

not black and asian?
white and asian?

white +?
black +?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

tsingtao
so it's black and white,

that is the problem?

not black and asian?
white and asian?

white +?
black +?

It is only a problem to those who act on their racism and those who have to be their victims. It is a victim crime.

It blows my mind that we could have ever been like this let alone that some people are STILL like it.

It is not a question of black and white. There is racism between all races, it is all just as negative.

I see the same human qualities in all people. The differences are there, but they are something to appreciate. Why not approach something that is new in our experience with interest and humanity?

For the first time in the history of the human race we now have the opportunity to abolish such primeval notions of race and gender, too. It was never a good way to make judgements and decisions as any kind of measuring rod.

This is all that ever came from the horrors of slavery and racism;

"Strange Fruit" is a poem written by Abel Meeropol, a white, Jewish high school teacher from the Bronx.
edit on 12-12-2013 by Revolution9 because: addition.

edit on 12-12-2013 by Revolution9 because: typo.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

g146541

I don't need to watch any video to know that racism is dead

If you really know racism is dead then I'm glad for you! If that's truly the case then kudos to your country! In my experience, as a Belgian, there's still A LOT of racism going on in this country. Especially against Moroccan/Muslim & Congolese people. The things I hear and see are mind-blowing... I can't go into specifics, because such language would get me banned here. It's really BAD! And I'm not talking about prejudices racism, I'm talking about dehumanizing racism...

So racism is dead when it doesn't exist on a global level. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

Clearly, Black and White are the important races. The other idk, 4Billion+ is of no importance!
edit on 12/12/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
That soldier do us proud indeed, as did everyone who spoke up.
When males are the instigators there is always a thought in the back of another guy's mind that if he interferes things could turn physical.

Anyways, these are great. It does my heart good to see people sticking up for each other.
It's also good that we question ourselves and ask what would we do in that situation because sooner or later something like that will cross your path one day.

It wasn't so long ago that MOST AMERICANS acted and spoke like the racist guy in the sandwich shop. The Bush administration pretty much openly encouraged it with all their terrorism propaganda. Who's gonna hold their feet to the fire? People were arrested by the thousands for the crime of being Muslim in America. They must be some very forgiving folk because we don't hear them dissing the US for what the Busheviks did.

I was never more ashamed of my country until I heard about the drone strike programs.
edit on 12-12-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Staafke

Racism is only alive where it is allowed to live, individual companies....err countries have something to do with that though.
I don't fear the brown man or the white man nor the yellow man nor...
People are people, we all love our children and want to be happy, simple really.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm rather skeptical of the "racism is dead" banner. It's really like saying "sexism is dead" or "the class divide is dead" or "xenophobia is dead" etc, etc.

But then I remember where I'm posting. Looking from the outside in, the issue of "race" in the US is a unique and highly contentious one. And since many of the posters here seem to be US-born, I guess that's why allegations of everyday discrimination against minorities gets shut down so often.

Don't wanna get off-topic though. Interracial dating, marriage and families are topics that aren't really discussed much in the UK. It just seems to matter less. It's probably since those against it usually admit to being racists anyway (tongue in cheek, but you feel the essence of sincerity behind it), so the argument's kinda over after that.

That's why it's amusing to hear other people cry "racism is dead, get over it!" and then mutter "Look, we shouldn't mix. People are different and we should keep it that way," in the same conversation. Then they'll pull up loads of psuedo-scientific statistics to confirm their bias. Not accusing anyone of doing that here, of course (although there was one poster who blatantly called the White Race one of the great pillars of the nation on another thread).

In any case, I'll be a little less reluctant to say "racism is dead" when I'm not accused of trying to steal all the "white wimminz", when I'm not praised for being well-spoken "for a black fella" and not preached to about "being one of the good ones". Well, all of that and not being called certain epithets by complete strangers in cars, pubs or fast food outlets.

Before anyone tries to jump down my throat, by the way, I know it happens the other way around. It's just as terrible, but let's not make this a tit-for-tat deal.
edit on 12-12-2013 by ihavenoaccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

tsingtao
so it's black and white,

that is the problem?

not black and asian?
white and asian?

white +?
black +?

I tried to find a vid with the similar situation and set-up but to no avail,I can only go by personal antidote regarding Asian/Blacks Asian/white..my family is part Japanese/Jamaican American my wife is welcome in all areas even in the deepest part of Brooklyn she faced no problems other folks in the area would not face,and she is Japanese-Japanese a foreigner,we have had long relations with Chinese folks in the community but then again Jamaicans are used to Chinese folks as they are a part of the community in Jamaica for over 120yrs one would be surprised at the amount of visible Black folks with last name Chin ,Wong etc, yes some yrs back when newly arrived Koreans moved in and set up shops in my part of Brooklyn there was a lot of problems due to cultural misunderstandings since then we have acclimatized to each other but it took some work, of Whites and Asians relations are generally good,but keep in mind I am coming from a NYC perspective but it would be interesting to see a situation like the above set-up in China Town..btw I had noticed along time ago in China Town that Chinese and Africans (Nigerians) sharing the same space selling knock off goods CDs and DVDs before opening their own proper shops sharing the risk of getting pinched by the cops...I think most folks left to their own devices with-out politicians would get along just fine.

<<   2  3 >>

join