It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Valkyrie: NASA's Superhero-Like Walking Robot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This is cool and it's a step up from Robonaught 2 which is my post before this one. This new Robot can walk, drive everything. In a conspiracy twist, I noticed something said in the article.

"We really wanted to design the appearance of this robot to be one that when you saw it you were going to be like, 'Wow, that's awesome," Radford said. "It's a 44 degree of freedom robot, very capable, very strong, completely self contained. We have a two kilowatt hour battery, lots of onboard computing...."

While I know that "44 degree of freedom" probably just means the turn radius, I also have to wonder if that phrase is Masonic in nature; the Masons deal with degrees, right? I know its probably just the conspiracy nut in me but what if?

What say you, ATS?

www.space.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
i bet one of those robots is already on the moon or mars funded by some black budget and nutlear powered with the rovers used as a distraction by nasa .

who needs humans now the rise of the machine

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Great it looks like Boba Fett.. tannn tann tann tada dann tann...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Valkyrie, so named after the supernatural female figures in Norse mythology that plucked fallen warriors from the field of battle and transported them to Valhalla for an eternity of feasting and mead quaffing, is 1.9 meters tall (6’2) and weighs 125 kilos (275 lbs). Valkyrie, or Val for short, has 44 degrees of freedom (divided up between her legs, feet, arms, hands, torso, and head) and is capable of walking over uneven terrain, driving a vehicle, and using tools. Oh, and yes, that is a glowing NASA logo emblazoned on her chest a la Iron Man

Source

Looks like it is a reference to the robot's dexterity.

top topics

join