It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300k Fukushima refugees still living 'in cages' in makeshift camps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Over two years after an earthquake and tsunami devastated areas in and around the Japanese city of Fukushima, many residents have been left to live in impromptu residential camps with no hope of returning to their previous ways of life.

The March 2011 tsunami forced hundreds of thousands in the Fukushima area to flee at a moment’s notice. RT’s Aleksey Yaroshevsky reports that many refugees living in quickly-erected 30-square-meter homes in Koriyama were initially promised that conditions would eventually improve, yet most seem to have long abandoned any semblance of better prospects or redeeming what once was.

How horrible. Just the word "camps" kind of sets off a alarm. Why couldn't they relocate these people and place them in a different city or something?

Instead they place them in "makeshift camps"... Seems pretty odd to me and my conspiracy gears are starting to turn.

“When the tsunami hit, we were told to pack only the necessary things and run away,” one refugee told RT. “They said it would be only for two, three days. Now, living in this cage of a house, returning to our old house is a dream which we know won’t ever come true. We are being fed with promises of a bigger house, but that’s as far as it gets: promises.”

TEPCO is a joke and this whole situation is just going from bad to worse. Yeah the radiation issue remains just that a big issue. But what about the people affected? That has always been a concern for me.

Link to Source. RT.

What do we think ATS?

-SAP-
edit on 11-12-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If the PTB react this way to a mere 300,000 people then just imagine what they'll do in the case of a worldwide event.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

300,000 people is a lot for a "makeshift camp".

That's like the whole city of St. Paul MN crammed into a camp. That's just crazy to me. Put that into perspective with food, water and sewage... Very bad conditions.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Its quite sad, all the displaced families. All the belongings and photos and cherished items they cant ever get back.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

I know, imagine generations of family ties and being raised there. *poof* Gone.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I have seen some of these camps...it is one of those things which once you see it cannot be unseen. For a while they were moving around from place to place because people, sadly, did not want to see them because it reminded them of the grim reality of Japan post 3/11. They used to keep some of the people here in Tokyo. I used to visit a temporary center in my neighborhood and teach the little kids a bit of English and give them something to smile about. They moved all out of temporary center so I have no idea what happened to them after that.

The government here in Japan has truly lost it`s mind. They don`t know how to handle the overall situation and really don`t want to deal with it either. If the people here complain about it enough, the J-gov makes some more empty promises, throws a little money around and then passes more laws to clamp down on people. I was a anti-state secrets protest earlier tonight with fellow leftist in the heart of Tokyo. Taro Yamamoto was there as well. I was talking to a friend of mine and we both concluded that we are in for some dark times here in Japan but it could lead to a major upraising if things continue like this. At this point, that might just be the best thing which could happen. People here are so sick of the government and private enterprise that a total change of the social, political and economic order could actually improve things here.

new topics

top topics

join