It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Kills 4; Judge LITERALLY Lets Him Off Because He is Rich!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by soficrow

Thats the thing.

Id be more lenient and be willing to call it accident due to stupidty and be more in favour of therapy if that was standard for everyone.

But the fact is if it was a poor or middle class kid they would be tried as adult and locked up for 20+ years.

Same treatment FOR ALL.

Vehicular manslaughter in a juvenile who was DUI? Those rarely see more than a few years of jail. Wealthy or not, he would have been out by 18. A travesty, IMHO, how we mollycoddle criminals in our society, but the above is not exactly true. Do wealthy people tend to get better lawyers and thus better outcomes? Yes...and no... Does the class warfare rhetoric ring hollow? I'd say so.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

crazyewok

NavyDoc

I don't see how this would be deserving a riot.

It deserves some action.

A kid just got away with 4 murders for being RICH!

If that isnt broken I dont know what is?

I'd say it deserved a lynching, but not a riot.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

NavyDoc

Was it because he was rich or just another example of the psychobabble that has ruined our justice system?

Both. I bet that psychiatrist was paid alot to ignore his ethics and come up with that mumbo jumbo. Fact is that was NOT a defence. I would have trouble finding a psychiatrist to say the same about me. If you read my post on the last page you will see the courts in you country let a hedgefund manager off a hit and run felon felon as "he was to big to go to prison", there obviulsy a double standard.

NavyDoc
We have poor people who get off for similar reasons: that they were socially or culturally deprived, that their criminal acts were just a disease, that they were victims of something or another. It is always someone else's fault.

And that wrong too. Justice should be blind. But if you look at prison populations there are mostly made up of the poor. I dont see hollywood stars getting jailed for repeated hard drug charges, yet a poor person can end up with life for a little bit of a certain herb.

edit on 12-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

NavyDoc

I'd say it deserved a lynching, but not a riot.

I dont think it desrves either to be honnest, both are wrong.

What sound be done is mass disobediance. Keep sending complaints, protest. protest, protest. Get every media outlet to shout it to the world until the judge is sacked and the sentance reviewed.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Heck in our country you can be a United States Congressman, get caught possessing coc aine and still serve (and go on to vote for a bill requiring drug tests for food stamp recipients), but if you were poor, there are mandatory minimum sentences.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
My neck of the woods.

Kid was with seven friends in his big super truck. Stole beer from a store. Got drunk.

Decided they needed more beer. Took off for the store, doing 70mph in a 40.

Poor girl with car trouble being helped by three good Samaritans: a mother and daughter, and a preacher.

Drunk kid plows through the group of people working on the car, killing all four. I think three of the seven in the truck were ejected. I believe all three are still in critical condition a year later. One of them can only communicate by blinking his eyes.

Probation sounds reasonable...

This judge should be immediately removed from his position.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
Heck in our country you can be a United States Congressman, get caught possessing coc aine and still serve (and go on to vote for a bill requiring drug tests for food stamp recipients), but if you were poor, there are mandatory minimum sentences.

Screwed up right?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

There are obviously different rules for the ELites..

When the top power people in govt are peons to them, what can one expect.

Even judges bow to the ultra rich. For they get to live in the shadows of the ELites. When at the country club golfing, who do you think the judge is brown nosing?

We, the lowly commoner, are so far down the totem pole. We view judges as some high power, when the ELites view them as the bartender at the country club.

Everyone has a family, and those kids are the "poor kids" at the ELite schools. When a $100,000 dollars is chump change, and the top level hitmen only charge a portion of that..

How many comments on the back nine do you think it takes before the judge is "won over on this one (certain proceedings)"
edit on 12-12-2013 by HanzHenry because: clear

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

crazyewok

NavyDoc

Was it because he was rich or just another example of the psychobabble that has ruined our justice system?

Both. I bet that psychiatrist was paid alot to ignore his ethics and come up with that mumbo jumbo. Fact is that was NOT a defence. I would have trouble finding a psychiatrist to say the same about me. If you read my post on the last page you will see the courts in you country let a hedgefund manager off a hit and run felon felon as "he was to big to go to prison", there obviulsy a double standard.

NavyDoc
We have poor people who get off for similar reasons: that they were socially or culturally deprived, that their criminal acts were just a disease, that they were victims of something or another. It is always someone else's fault.

And that wrong too. Justice should be blind. But if you look at prison populations there are mostly made up of the poor. I dont see hollywood stars getting jailed for repeated hard drug charges, yet a poor person can end up with life for a little bit of a certain herb.

SHrug. ANd you see that a lot in the UK as well...especially and traditionally among the royals. Our judicial system is has been totally screwed up with the bleeding hearts and we really need to go back to a system of accountability.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

More like, working as intended...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

NavyDoc
[
SHrug. ANd you see that a lot in the UK as well...especially and traditionally among the royals. Our judicial system is has been totally screwed up with the bleeding hearts and we really need to go back to a system of accountability.

I know

USA and UK are in the same boat and run by the same group of "people".

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I know.

There should be draconian penaltys for judges caught being brought. "life" in gennral population comes to mind, I say life as it wont be 25 years before parole, it will be 25 minutes before a shiv in the back.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by HanzHenry

I know.

There should be draconian penaltys for judges caught being brought. "life" in gennral population comes to mind, I say life as it wont be 25 years before parole, it will be 25 minutes before a shiv in the back.

Given the life and death power judges have over people I would have no problem extending the death penalty to cover bribery and corruption as a judge.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

NavyDoc

Given the life and death power judges have over people I would have no problem extending the death penalty to cover bribery and corruption as a judge.

Just prison in gennral population will do it. Wont be any exspensive appeals that way or a chance for some politican freind to pardon them

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Absolutely nauseating. Here´s what I have to say if anybody is interested in reading my little rant on this topic - thealienvisitor.blog.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
A few things bother me about the whole situation.

First thing is that the kid was 3 times the legal limit! All after drinking stolen beer!
This is not the first time this kid has been drunk, he could not function while being that intoxicated unless he drinks a lot and his body is used to that much alcohol.

Second thing is that he stole the beer, he could serve jail time for that alone. What would the judge do to a minority in this situation?

And third. Does the defence his lawyer used set the parents up for one hell of a civil lawsuit? They are either criminally liable of financially liable. This is not over for the parents by a long shot.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

all good points, I don't see why the families don't sue in civil court....unless the kids parents are so rich they can just pay all the dr bills up front....this is such a travesty of justice...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

crazyewok
W................T....................F?

Im speechless?

HOW THE HELL IS THAT EVEN A DEFENCE!!!!!!!!
edit on 11-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

crazyewok
W................T....................F?

Im speechless?

HOW THE HELL IS THAT EVEN A DEFENCE!!!!!!!!
edit on 11-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

I'm with you on that. I wonder if the victim's family is going to file a civil suit-I'd be amazed if there aren't offers of pro bono rep.
I think something could have been worked out absent making a mockery of the justice system.
edit on 12-12-2013 by k3d59 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/12/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed errant quote tags

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
How long until some gang banger uses this same defence in court? You know, never knew his dad, mom works three jobs. Raised on the streets. This will remove all personal responsibility in criminal cases.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join