It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Kills 4; Judge LITERALLY Lets Him Off Because He is Rich!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The attention on this case seems to be growing by the day. Earlier today, the Sheriff of Tarrant County spoke out and basically said this is unbelievable. His department was the one that investigated the crash and said it was the worst they had ever seen.

dfw.cbslocal.com...

“Here was an opportunity, an example if you will, to be made out of someone say we are going to show the world that this person is going to be held accountable – and now the message is but really, no” says Sheriff Anderson.

“The message is that you are not accountable, that you don’t have to be accountable, because everyone I talked to, I was saying now he’s going to be held accountable. I’ve had people tell me, I’ve told my son and grandson, watch. This kids life is ruined because of these decision he made and now we are telling those same kids he got off with a slap on the wrist,” says Sheriff Anderson

edit on 12-12-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Home boys got rhythm.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

kingears
I hope karma comes back and bites this little punk on the ass. He won't have learned any lessons from this and I bet he isn't even remorseful for his actions. The parents should be punished as well for raising (I use that term loosely) this disgusting excuse of a human being. I hope he rots in hell!

King
edit on 11/12/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

There is no such thing as ''Karma'', if there was, societies would be very different

Do you know how many scums pedophiles, sadists, child torturers live a perfect happy life, doing their ''thing till they die happy?

No karma, no God, or anything gets these kind of people and we just watch!

unable to react to all the injustice around us!

incapable afraid slaves, that we expect a supernatural power to come and give justice, we are pathetic!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Dr1Akula

kingears
I hope karma comes back and bites this little punk on the ass. He won't have learned any lessons from this and I bet he isn't even remorseful for his actions. The parents should be punished as well for raising (I use that term loosely) this disgusting excuse of a human being. I hope he rots in hell!

King

There is no such thing as ''Karma'', if there was, societies would be very different

Do you know how many scums pedophiles, sadists, child torturers live a perfect happy life, doing their ''thing till they die happy?

incapable afraid slaves, that we expect a supernatural power to come and give justice, we are pathetic!

How do you know? Are you an all knowing being? I think not. I doubt the offenders you mentioned live full and happy lives. Would you call living in fear of being caught for your actions a full and happy life? They may enjoy committing the crime, but living in fear of being caught leads to paranoia. I wouldn't say a paranoid state is a happy life.

Do you have an actual opinion on this story? Seems like you've just come here singled out one post, mine, that you disagree with and voiced your opinion. I have no problem with that but at least offer your own view on the OP.

King

PS i'm not an incapable, afraid, pathetic slave, you may be, but I'm certainly not

edit on 12/12/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/12/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

kingears

Dr1Akula

kingears

King

How do you know? Are you an all knowing being?

You don't have to be an all knowing being to realize whats happening around you (in a society you are a part of).

kingears
I doubt the offenders you mentioned live full and happy lives. Would you call living in fear of being caught for your actions a full and happy life? They may enjoy committing the crime, but living in fear of being caught leads to paranoia. I wouldn't say a paranoid state is a happy life.

So the karma punishment you are reffering to, is the fear of being caught. Doesn't seem like karma to me!
most likely they don't care so much about it since most of them consciously, repeat the crime countless times.

kingears
Do you have an actual opinion on this story? Seems like you've just come here singled out one post, mine, that you disagree with and voiced your opinion.

What's wrong with that? I thought this was a discussion.

kingears
I have no problem with that but at least offer your own view on the OP.

Is that mantatory? I happen to share the same oppinion as previous posters.

kingears
i'm not an incapable, afraid, pathetic slave, you may be, but I'm certainly not

then do something about it.... Do you now see my point?

Anyway my previous post was just been ironic to the society, I wasn't been negative to you personally...
I am sorry if you took offense at that.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
While the outcome of the case is undoubtedly an affront to justice, responses from certain members illustrate how truly disturbing a venomously hateful mindset hellbent on serving justice can be.

How far have we really come?

edit on 12/12/2013 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
It's nonsensical.

Everyone is a product of their upbringing and circumstances, so it's a very flexible excuse. A lot of people in America go to prison every year and it won't help them one bit, but this person probably could do with the life experience of being behind bars with people who have actual problems beyond an irresistible urge to be a jack ass.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Dark Ghost
While the outcome of the case is undoubtedly an affront to justice, responses from certain members illustrate how truly disturbing a venomously hateful mindset hellbent on serving justice can be.

Its called frustration.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Dark Ghost

Far enough to know that a defense that a person has lived with no consequences so should once again suffer none should not work, and that such injustices should not be allowed to stand. Gone are the days when a person can buy innocence without consequence .. or at least they should be.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

crazyewok
W................T....................F?

Im speechless?

HOW THE HELL IS THAT EVEN A DEFENCE!!!!!!!!
edit on 11-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

Someone on tv said his defence was that he was suffering from affluenza , a condition where child is so rich and used to getting whatever they want, they don't know right from wrong.They know right from wrong but just don't care. It's lack of empathy.

He should have to serve time in jail.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

violet

Someone on tv said his defence was that he was suffering from affluenza , a condition where child is so rich and used to getting whatever they want, they don't know right from wrong.They know right from wrong but just don't care. It's lack of empathy.

He should have to serve time in jail.

That defence should never exist.

Why not have pooruenza? Your too jelousy and full of envey to know what your doing?

It rubbish.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This is enraging, it really is, not at all surprising though. No one in the UK will do anything about this, the majority are so self aborbed in their own lives, not caring about these issues till it's too late.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Aazadan

bigfatfurrytexan
This kid had to have been from North Richland Hills, if he was a Tarrant resident. That is where the big bucks are up there. That isn't oil money, IMO. But who knows. Id have to figure out who mom and pops are to know that.

No clue on his mom, but the dad seems to be high up at Cleburne Sheet Metal so it doesn't appear to be oil money. Just people doing well at a medium sized business.

I think his dad owns a sheet metal business and is promising to send him to some fancy treatment Center for rich kids. Looks more like a spa.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Yep. They paid a psychologist to testify it was real, and then offered to spend $500,000 to send him to a special rehab and keep him out of jail. Half a million rehab ... I bet it will be torture.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   

PeaceTrooper
No one in the UK will do anything about this

Its USA not UK

We havent fallen that far...........yet.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

crazyewok

PeaceTrooper
No one in the UK will do anything about this

Its USA not UK

We havent fallen that far...........yet.

God save the UK, and the Queen I suppose
I really need to go back to London.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
This isnt the first time this disgrace for the law has happend in the US.

Heres a summary
Martin Joel Erzinger, a hedge fund hit a bicyclist from behind and then sped away.

Steven Milo, suffered spinal cord injuries, bleeding from his brain and damage to his knee and scapula,

Committing a hit-and-run is a felony in Colorado

Mark Hurlbert, announced that Erzinger would be charged only with a misdemeanor. Reason? "felony convictions have some pretty serious job implications for someone in Mr. Erzinger's profession."

Apprently according to his defence "it would be terribly unfair to subject someone like Erzinger to the risk of damaging his career, though presumably someone with less to lose could -- and would -- be charged as a felon without any such worries".
edit on 12-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

crazyewok

HUMBLEONE
Why all the surprise? You are a Serf, they own you.

Im surprised that people are just rolling over and accepting this.

The USA get all rar rar about there ability to stand up to tyranny, yet all I see are a bunch of goverment fearing whimps to scared to do anything. Least the UK can hold a riot when it wants to.

Nah, the USA used to be able to stand against tyranny. Not anymore though, that is all a thing of the past I fear.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I'd have thought that as he was (is) a minor, then his parents are responsible for him. Accordingly, I would think they would be personally liable for any claims for damages / compensation as a result of their son's actions.
In fact, with people like this, it's usually the one thing guaranteed to cause them pain... losing their money! So, it would be nice to see them hammered by a judge and their wealth (or a large part of it) taken away and given to the family / relatives of the dead and injured. It might make them think about their own actions and the need for an attitude change!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

First, a 16 year old can be tried as an adult. If one commits an adult crime, they can be tried as such at 16 and 17 years old.

Second, rich parents always buy their way out of their childrens' troubles. That doesn't hurt them at all, and teaches these kids nothing as they grow up, other than money buys you out of anything you do, murder included.

Third, this kid committed an adult crime, and should have been charged accordingly. He should have to pay in the same way as anyone else who would do such a thing... then he would learn, there are true consequences to your actions - and no one is above the law.

Money should not buy anyone's way out of true justice.
edit on 12-12-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join