It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Kills 4; Judge LITERALLY Lets Him Off Because He is Rich!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

16-year old Ethan Couch was driving drunk at THREE times the legal limit and had Valium in his system. He plowed into four people going 70 miles per hour in a 40 mile per hour zone, killing them. Other victims are severly injured; one has severe brain damage.

He pleaded guilty, of course. But Ethan's parents are very, very, very wealthy. (We are talking the 1%.) They hired an attorney that brought on a psychologist to say Couch was "a product of wealth" and was used to getting "whatever he wanted". Because he was so afluent and accustomed to never having consequences, the attorney argued that he should get therapy as opposed to jail.

Teen Kills 4; Judge LITERALLY Lets Him Off Because He is Rich!

Well well well. This leaves quite a bad taste in the mouth. We all knew that there was a double standard but this is just so obviously awful it is almost beyond comprehension. Just listen..

This was the argument, mind you, used in the defense:

He said Couch got whatever he wanted. As an example, Miller said Couch's parents gave no punishment after police ticketed the then-15-year-old when he was found in a parked pickup with a passed out, undressed 14-year-old girl. Miller also pointed out that Couch was allowed to drive at 13. He said the teen was emotionally flat and needed years of therapy. At the time of the fatal wreck, Couch had a blood alcohol content of .24, said Tarrant County Sheriff Dee Anderson. It is illegal for a minor to drive with any amount of alcohol in his or her system.

I don't understand how this is even possible. Surely there will be uproar over this? In the UK people would be going absolutely crazy..

Even after he killed those people, he was uncooperative and combative with the emergency services and walked away from the police saying "I'm outta here".

I am absolutely horrified.. the amount of people hurt by this tragedy is unreal, my heart goes out to all those involved and their families..

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
There are no words.
Good thing too, because I think I'm about to throw up.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
sorry, if he killed one of my family, i would get revenge big style one way or another......whether i did time for it, would be worth it. judges these days havent a clue
edit on 11-12-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
W................T....................F?

Im speechless?

HOW THE HELL IS THAT EVEN A DEFENCE!!!!!!!!
edit on 11-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
And MADD is being quiet about this too?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Posted earlier Here in Posse Comitatus.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
As long as kids like him a produced then whatever they do will not have any impact. Nothing we do *TO* them will change anything.

it's his parents that need locking up. they raised this sack of crap.

why is the world so dead set on turning me into the very thing I am trying not to be....

edit on 11-12-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

Yeah, no clue. But a big pocket waiting to be filled, or already has. Scumbags- all of them from the lawyer to the kid and parents, and judge.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I'm not sorry that this happens, it will.....persist the next 1000 years.

If I need something, I just take it. If you know you won't be caught.. do it.

its between your God and Others'.

whoever is the stronger, benefits..

and for you that are smitten by this.... please get over it.

BTW, thats close to the truth, I don't do that.
That's why I make good choices, and I live in a place half the size of
most garages, barely have food, or a job_ to pay salary to a judge with my
taxes that would be better used for the gasoline to burn them at a stake!
edit on 11-12-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

Now before i get yelled at:
Its because I have a conscience, some do not. Plain and simple.
without mass amount of fund you and I will never see the kind of justice.
edit on 11-12-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: I'm ranting pissed

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Justice is blind... but she sure can smell money

Reminds me of Robert Blake

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
You sound surprised.

If you look at the scales outside any court they are not level and tipped one way.

Take this anyway you want but i think its a hint that justice is not even and tipped in favour of certain people.

Justice means what it says " Just us" NOT YOU.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Well look at fines for dropping litter, speeding and other traffic offences. If you are on min wage of £100 per week your fine is £60 if you are on £10,000 per week your fine is £60.

So the poor person loses 60% of his wages yet the well off person 0.05 of his wages.

How the Fck can justice be even.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

already posted. right next to eachother too.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

nrd101
www.abovetopsecret.com...

already posted. right next to eachother too.

ATS allows 2 threads if one is in BAN(this one) and one is in another. PC. The one you have there.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Why all the surprise? You are a Serf, they own you.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

HUMBLEONE
Why all the surprise? You are a Serf, they own you.

Im surprised that people are just rolling over and accepting this.

The USA get all rar rar about there ability to stand up to tyranny, yet all I see are a bunch of goverment fearing whimps to scared to do anything. Least the UK can hold a riot when it wants to.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I hope karma comes back and bites this little punk on the ass. He won't have learned any lessons from this and I bet he isn't even remorseful for his actions. The parents should be punished as well for raising (I use that term loosely) this disgusting excuse of a human being. I hope he rots in hell!

King
edit on 11/12/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I was taught in school that the US is not built on a caste type society. I was taught that rich people have the same punishments as poor people when they break the law. Everything I learned is a lie

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join