It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stargate possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
if any of you have seen this movie and later become the popular tv show "stargate sg-1", do you think this kind of thing would be possible? it might not be as over exagerate as the show, but does the basic possible?

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
We seriously get so many of these that it's spooky/interesting.

Somebody's got a similar one running in Aliens and Ufos atm.

I'll get you a link in a second.
[Edit Here's that link: Stargate Symbols?

Edit #2 Here's some other ones:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have fun with it bud.

As for your question:

Anything is possible, but is it probable?

X

brb with that link.
Going to get you some others in a sec as well. brb again

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Xatnys]

[edit on 18-11-2004 by Xatnys]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2009
if any of you have seen this movie and later become the popular tv show "stargate sg-1", do you think this kind of thing would be possible? it might not be as over exagerate as the show, but does the basic possible?

No.

Not for a very long time. Heck, we can't even teleport anything beyond a simple beam of light, and there's no real mathematics for that (wormholes are theoretical; no one has created one.)

And the field effect just isn't right (translation: bad physics juju. Really bad.) And you'd need a power plant the size of several continents (at today's standards) to power it.

It's just a tv show. I've met some of the folks who worked on it at a science fiction convention. They're just people with wonderful imaginations.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   

No.

Not for a very long time. Heck, we can't even teleport anything beyond a simple beam of light, and there's no real mathematics for that (wormholes are theoretical; no one has created one.)

Though you might be correct, I don�t want this thread to stop with that "No.". There is people (sane people) talking about having travelled through these types of tunnels. They don�t necessarily call them stargates. Check up a guy called Al Bielek and his story. Even if you don�t believe it, it will be a fun read.

I posted some links in the "Montauk/Swerdlow" thread about this Bielek, in the Military Projects forum. (2nd page)

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I'm not sure I understand your question correctly; I don't watch Stargate SG-1, but I saw the original movie so if you're asking if a Stargate is possible, I would have to say yes. I studied quantum mechanics for more than a decade and I would have to say that the expansion of quantum foam found on the level of planck may be one of science's best bets at actual wormhole "tunneling" technology.
The only problem is we do not yet posess the knowledge of how to expand these "wormholes," much more we do not yet posess the "exotic" material necessary to keep such a "wormhole" open if expanded.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Google the cassimir effect... sees you can make a wormhole in the lab..

library.thinkquest.org...

here is one mentioning the casimir effect there are more.. ;p

have fun!

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
From what I've read, every point in space and time vibrates at a specific frequency, if the same frequency is created at another location, those two points instantly meet. So the creation of these two points could be called a 'stargate'.

Of course, this information cannot be verified (otherwise it wouldn't be Top Secret) but I've heard there is a phenomenon like this under Bahgdad - Iraq, and under Pine Gap - Australia.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Theoretically yes it is possible.

Burkhard Heims theory

A huge rotating ring placed above a superconducting coil to create an intense magnetic field. With a large enough current in the coil, and a large enough magnetic field, Dröscher claims the electromagnetic force can reduce the gravitational pull on the ring to the point where it floats free. Dröscher and Häuser say that to completely counter Earth's pull on a 150-tonne spacecraft a magnetic field of around 25 tesla would be needed. While that's 500,000 times the strength of Earth's magnetic field, pulsed magnets briefly reach field strengths up to 80 tesla. And Dröscher and Häuser go further. With a faster-spinning ring and an even stronger magnetic field, gravitophotons would interact with conventional gravity to produce a repulsive anti-gravity force, they suggest.
“A spinning ring and a strong magnetic field could produce a repulsive anti-gravity force”

Dröscher is hazy about the details, but he suggests that a spacecraft fitted with a coil and ring could be propelled into a multidimensional hyperspace. Here the constants of nature could be different, and even the speed of light could be several times faster than we experience. If this happens, it would be possible to reach Mars in less than 3 hours and a star 11 light years away in only 80 days, Dröscher and Häuser say.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A modification of this theory, if successfully tested could create 2 stable points by connecting 2 or more rings at a distance using a hyperspace window.

Of course all of this is only theory but there are a few advancements in Anti-matter creation and containment that could provide plenty of energy for this.

new topics

top topics

join