It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death's Minigame

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Death's Mini-game : Statistics of your Circle

They say if you grow up in a household that smokes you will smoke, if you grow up around drug users you will use drugs, if most of your families were a drop out, then you would be to. So lets make a fun minigame to see how everyone on the forums will eventually die.

This is a brief example of how this game works, you think back to those that have passed before you and how they have died. Example

The numbers: How they died/almost (health and non health related)
2 from cancer(disease), 1 killed himself (suicide), 3 were murdered, 1 victum of a stabbing not dead(murder), 1 died in a car crash(car/alcohol), 1 alcoholism. (you can include incidents where they didn't die but could of) example: 1 was hit by a car(didn't die/almost died), 1 almost hit by a car (1step would of got him, friend pulled him/her off the path etc.)

16.5% chance from cancer, 5% chance for suicide, 45.5% chance for murder 16.5% chance for Alcohol, 16.5% chance involving a automotive

Judging by my 'circle' I am more likely to be murdered, then die in a car crash, cancer, or suicide.
You can draw a grid, or grab a calculator, just make sure you don't leave out anyone for a more accurate reading. (dead or alive) These are my statistics of people who have died in my life, and I have been in several situations where I too could of been the victum of murder.

**Be honest with yourself and your work and see what dangers pose for you, your friends, and your family.

(if it doesn't belong here please move it)
edit on 11-12-2013 by BlackArrow because: fixed % math for given numbers

edit on 11-12-2013 by BlackArrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackArrow

lol
this oughta be... uhh... interesting.

looks like type 4 diabeetus for me!
edit on 11-12-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
hmmmm....
F/old age
F/old age
M/pancreas cancer
M/? cancer
M/? cancer
F/old age
Everyone else is still alive.

So, looks like it is a good thing I am female for one thing. I think my mom said the youngest (her mom) died at 92.

LOL life really is a crap shoot. Heck, my psycho ex could decide to stab me to death tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

With all due respect... this is fun how?!?

I don't see the point in this, since my mother passed away due to a doctor's error, and my grandma pricked her finger on a rose and weeks later died of blood poisoning.

If I had to venture a guess-looking at family's health history-, I will probably die old (80s) , but due to some weird circumstance. Like getting hit by a donkey or something.

Weird runs in my family.
This wasn't fun for me it just made me more paranoid.

edit on 11/12/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: added a thought

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
My parents are both still alive at 78, all my Grandparents lived into their 80s (maternal Grandmother into her 90s), and died of a variety of things, heart attacks, mostly.

I, on the other hand, am in failing health, with very bad lungs, so I suspect that I'll not make it to my 80s, but will succumb much sooner to some sort of respiratory ailment or the flu (my doctor told me that if I catch a full case of the flu, it will likely kill me.)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Quite intresting also pointless.
My uncle died in lung cancer and never smoked in his life.. i know this thread is anti smoking like your previous replies.. but just to point out there are other reasons too which can cause cancers. My uncle was a farmer and in farm they do use pesticides.. and we also EAT pesticides...

I think who ever smokes its their own choice and having a war against them who smokes outside is just hypocracy as there is not so much smoke polluting the air as what comes from the factory pipes.

Anyway.. looking forward what is the real message here ( and i don´t smoke )

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

I'm sorry to hear that about your uncle. My step-grandpa died at the age of 85 of lung cancer and he never smoked either.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I know very little regarding the tendencies of my genetic donors, because I was removed from their custody at a young age and am now faced with great difficulty should I attempt to locate them. Long story short, I have no idea what's in store for me, as far as genetics are concerned. Which is just fine by me, because I hate spoilers.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Nah not anti-smoker XD I smoke. I'm just anti-segregation because of addictions.

Make sure when you do the game you do 'almost', example being hit by a car might not kill you but 'could' otherwise statistics don't line up.

The idea is to figure in your general area on which you live, and your friends and family things that you can look out for. The post about a doctor's error definately counts considering that is an outside source, weither or not you live or die from it.

In reality getting your blood drawn could kill you if an air packet enters your bloodstream and reaches your heart or brain.

so A+ on that

For those that have passed from us at an early age, as you do this. It gives you a chance to remember them, my dad died over 12years ago, and honestly I barely ever talk about him. So to bring something like this up that *might* offend some people, just recall the last time you thought of them. This is a way to bring back their memories as well.

To tribute your loved ones that past, make a little gift even if its just a small plate for dinner tonight, as no one ever wants to be forgotten.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Thank you.

In my case the place wouldn't count, since I don't even live on the same continent as my family.

So my mother dying due to a doctor/hospital's error has nothing to do with me.

I usually light a candle on the date of their death to let them know I care and remember, and sometimes when I feel one of them near me.

edit on 11/12/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Mother died in child birth when i was 10, my father is still alive and kicking well active senior who like to hike. Grandparents died in old age, 3 or four exceeded age 85 and one 96.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
I know very little regarding the tendencies of my genetic donors, because I was removed from their custody at a young age and am now faced with great difficulty should I attempt to locate them. Long story short, I have no idea what's in store for me, as far as genetics are concerned. Which is just fine by me, because I hate spoilers.

Its not just about the relatives, look at your communities as well. Family inspection is only 1 means weither your high risk of cancer/heart attacks in your family. Those are added risks, this will give people a chance to inspect their community via those that they know, and to learn additional insight into what they face on a daily basis.

"Preparation is when luck meets oppertunity"(L.B.B). Such indepth analysis could allow one to learn and pay attention and gain knowledge since they know what to look for. Just remember to go only as far as you feel comfortable, if you do start feeling paranoid, take a step back, breathe and realize that yes while this includes information reguarding your local community, its also knowledge for yourself that you can use to better yourself, your family, your friends, and keep you and your loved ones safe.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

I am very sorry for your troubles *hugs*. Honestly I offer my prayers to your family.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Thank you that's very kind of you. *hugs* right back atcha.

I guess you will have to take into consideration the exceptions to the rule (moi) people who have immigrated to another country, or other people who have been adopted, etc.

If you are trying to draw statistics from this, it will be a hard one. A lot of people travel nowadays, and settle down in other countries.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Rainbowresidue

Thank you that's very kind of you. *hugs* right back atcha.

I guess you will have to take into consideration the exceptions to the rule (moi) people who have immigrated to another country, or other people who have been adopted, etc.

If you are trying to draw statistics from this, it will be a hard one. A lot of people travel nowadays, and settle down in other countries.

Its not entirely statistic, 'health' related problems is only part of what people face. What I am curious about is the statistics involving 'you, friends, family' Not ness a victum of health problems, but a victum of society, things like wrong place wrong time. People post statistics ont he safest places to live and the worst using the same methods of gathered data, on attempts and successful deaths of a community.

there was a post here from one of the members, who's female side looks good, if your health isn't doing so good look at your line and have that provide you courage that those that came before you made it that far, so don't sit there making reservations yet. A lot of illnesses have been known to completely reverse themselves by 'age'. Example of one of the illnesses including the blood that you grow out of is called idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, this is a problem with the blood that overclots or underclots depending.

So looking at your family history you have some good genetic materials backing you up, that should show that most of your females in the closest generations to you are living full lives. Looking at the health side of the scale can inspire strength, if say your on the opposite end, grandparents died at 40, father and mother died at 40 etc, looking at what caused their deaths could help *you* prolong your own life. This is origionally why doctors ask for such information (granted not all of them are good).

The idea is to help people find strength if they don't like where they are going, weither its high murder rates in your area, or high blood pressure, looking at life under a microscope seeing what your friends/family/circle has gone through can help you understand what is to come, example an area with high abductions most people just let news be news, but when it gets closer to home you can verify these things by your past.

Knowing these things can help you be a better parent should you be expecting, or decide to move to a less dangerous place.

Have high blood pressure, a change in a diet is in order, putting your circles history down allows you to see what you can do, and honestly I would suggest that people don't go into full length detail on a forum, but maybe with pen and paper to see what they can do for themselves and their family.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Rainbowresidue

With all due respect... this is fun how?!?

I don't see the point in this, since my mother passed away due to a doctor's error, and my grandma pricked her finger on a rose and weeks later died of blood poisoning.

If I had to venture a guess-looking at family's health history-, I will probably die old (80s) , but due to some weird circumstance. Like getting hit by a donkey or something.

Weird runs in my family.
This wasn't fun for me it just made me more paranoid.

edit on 11/12/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: added a thought

I have often talked about how fun it would be to die being crushed by ass. You just ruined that for me.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Hahaha, gosh, trying to type while laughing is hard.

Okay, I am truly sorry for having ruined that for you.
My apologies.
I shall not mention donkeys (or ass, pardon my Shakespeare) and statistics in a sentence again.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I have/had very little in the way of blood family to base this on. Only child of a single mother, who was one of two siblings born to a single mother and and my mothers sibling never had children.

Major cause of death in my family though was drugs. I am the odd woman out in my family because I do not nor will ever use drugs.
I do believe my grandmother had a brother who died of gangrene and his kids both died of alcohol poisoning.

Don't have to worry theirs either because I rarely if ever drink.
edit on 11-12-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Rainbowresidue
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Hahaha, gosh, trying to type while laughing is hard.

Okay, I am truly sorry for having ruined that for you.
My apologies.
I shall not mention donkeys (or ass, pardon my Shakespeare) and statistics in a sentence again.

One more piece of inane conversation: donkey meat is eaten by quite a few folks. In Mexico you can see it eaten....but through the Hill Country in Texas we have donkeys just kind of wandering the countryside. If you get down in "La Valle" near Hondo you find folks that will eat donkey.

Cow flesh is called beef, as is bison (for the most part). Pig flesh is called "pork". But donkey flesh...that has a special name reserved for it. And I kid you not...its "poopie".

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

A+ so with that information you know that drugs in your family have a strong enough effect to cause loss. Some bloodlines can handle say more 'crack' in their system then others, same with shrooms, and even alcoholism. One person can barely handle a beer because the content gets 'amplified' in their system, the other can drink the entire keg and still be fine.

That information would advise you to be sure that any and all medications you take not just illegal ones be tested with your line prior so you don't have negitive reactions. Even things like tylonal should be considered, never taking the maximum dose.

Now that you looked at the bloodlines, lets look at society and rationale, any friends that have you experienced going through struggles, assaults, etc.

P.S I am sorry for your loss.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join