It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US and UK suspend aid for Syria rebels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The US and UK have suspended all "non-lethal" support for rebels in northern Syria, but not humanitarian aid.

A US embassy spokesman in Ankara said the decision was made after Islamist rebels seized bases belonging to the Western-backed Free Syrian Army (FSA).

Fighters from the Islamic Front, a new alliance of rebel groups, ousted FSA-aligned fighters from the Bab al-Hawa border crossing with Turkey last week.

The non-lethal aid includes medicine, vehicles and communications equipment.

BBC News

Quite a interesting story.

It seems like a civil war is going on between the Islamists and more secular FSA fights with in another civil war between the rebels and the government of Assad.

As a result American and the UK have gut of aid to these rebel groups.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Libya 2.0. Fuggers will never learn! Or maybe that is just what they wanted: complete and total chaos.

Our foreign policy suks.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

It's about time. We've been aiding our own enemy long enough.

Here is an interesting video, which may give a closer look between Al-Q and the rebels:

You can find many more here if interested.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Its about time camoron stopped funding those terrorists. What would he have to say if Russia started arming and supplying the IRA? It was great to see that clip of him and Putin when Putin said your freedom fighters are cannibals.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
About time this happened....

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
About time though I don't believe it for one minute. Would they really cut all aid or would they find another way to get weapons to the enemies?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Good if it's true...though why they have to get involved at all baffles me.

Come on western scientists, find a new source of energy so we can leave that god-forsaken area of the world alone.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

The bad news is that I read that the U.S. and the U.K. are involved in direct and indirect contact with Hezbollah over the Syrian mess. I hope they're not planning on swapping the Rebels for Hezbollah to defeat Al Qaeda. If this is true, then we are backtracking and technically supporting Assad. I hope we've decided just to exit altogether on this losing battle on both sides.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin

The US and UK have suspended all "non-lethal" support for rebels in northern Syria, but not humanitarian aid.

This sounds like finally a step in the right direction but that sentence doesn't really make sense to me. So what? The US and UK will continue supplying "Lethal" support and humanitarian aid?

new topics

top topics

join