It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Okay That Our Food is Tortured Before Butchering?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

intrepid

MystikMushroom
reply to post by signalfire

It is a tradition of mine to eat reindeer sausage for breakfast on Christmas morning.

"OMG, you killed Rudolph. You bast....."

I usually wake up and make anyone that's visiting or around breakfast. I usually inform newcomers about halfway through breakfast that the delicious sausage is reindeer.

I have to be careful though. One time a kid started to cry because he really thought I went out in the middle of the night and captured one of Santa's reindeer off the roof.

I never would have thought a 14 year old would still believe in Santa.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

signalfire
I wonder what this says about us as a culture; "9 billion broiler chickens, 113 million pigs, 33 million cows and 250 million turkeys consumed each year in the U.S", the vast majority of them treated inhumanely while alive, then dispatched by someone hired by us, the 'consumer' to do this on a daily basis. To kill for us, all day long, every day of their working lives.

And what does it say about those who will simply state, 'but I lurve me a good steak!'; usually these are the same people suffering from heart disease caused in no small part by the difficulty involved in assimilating animal lard and suet into the human body and burning the extra calories off again.

The Stomach Churning Reason Why Our Meat Is So Cheap
. Food too is of course metaphysical as well, so you are consuming all that evil, negative, terrifying and painful energy. We need to know how our food is being raised. We must connect to our farmers,bakers, butcher s, brewers, cheese makers an pay attention to who and how our foods are being produced. All either bio dynamically, or organically. Think of everything in terms of frequency and energy.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm hoping that research continues to progress in lab-grown meat, then I can eat meat guilt-free.

Also, with that, maybe I'll finally be able to legally satisfy my craving for human flesh.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Junkheap
I'm hoping that research continues to progress in lab-grown meat, then I can eat meat guilt-free.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I am a predator, I eat like one.
If youre prey, eat like one.. but if youre human then youre denying the beast inside of you. No wonder some vegans are constipated and hateful.

Wanna hear a little rant?
Im pretty sure most adult humans dont wish to eat unhappy meat for many reasons. Go after the system, not the meat eaters. YOU militant vegan people have tried to kill of MY people and ME, so its kind of personal. You push your crackpot ideas on us as much as the federal govt has with its food pyramids and crap that we do not thrive on when we adhere to it. Guess what? In your genius and claims of loving all living things, you have neglected to realize that there are certain living peoples who REQUIRE animal proteins and MUCH more fat in the diet than YOU. YOU and YOUR KIND are not the only peoples on this planet or that matter or deserve to thrive. My father called your type the most genocidal racists in the US just under the FDA.. you make us ill and kill us off by controlling the very food we put into our bodies, degrade us for killing animals to feed ourselves, employ pressure and shame to control us, and pretend youre taking the high moral or spiritual ground the whole time youre doing it. If you do graciously allow us to eat meat, you tell us we cant have fats that our bodies require. You make tests for Anglos and use them on us to tell us we cant eat what our bodies crave and need. Pretty freaking sick if you ask me. Dont break your necks when you fall ( or get pushed) off that pedestal youve placed yourself on.

/rant

and to use star trek..I cant even go there. way way too absurd! LOL!
edit on 11-12-2013 by Advantage because: I cant spell.. OR type..

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

I buy all my meat from local organic outlets whenever possible. Which is about 90% of the time I figure.

The fact is that meat isn't actually cheap, it's expensive because of the way it's produced. We all just think it's cheap because of the insane markup on everything else. Which is mostly transport related, driven by greedy corporatism.

A single pound of beef requires 1800 Gallons Of Water to produce.

We are WASTING resources by handling of food processing in this way. And don't even get me started on the farm subsidies that provide the cheapest and most ineffective type of nutritional diets for these animals.

~Tenth

If everyone did what you were doing and what me and my family do.. and many others here do...the factory farms would feel the pain. When you get GOOD and happy meat, you dont really need to consume as much. You have more nutrients in the meat and its more naural for the body. The cost is not an issue in the end if people would think about it.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Junkheap

Also, with that, maybe I'll finally be able to legally satisfy my craving for human flesh.

Hehehe.... a person after Hannibal's heart.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

signalfire
I wonder what this says about us as a culture; "9 billion broiler chickens, 113 million pigs, 33 million cows and 250 million turkeys consumed each year in the U.S", the vast majority of them treated inhumanely while alive, then dispatched by someone hired by us, the 'consumer' to do this on a daily basis. To kill for us, all day long, every day of their working lives.

It says that people want cheap meat, so what they get is pretty much toxic waste that grew mostly on artificial hormones, stood knee deep in its own s**t all of its life and is ridden with parasites, while being fed ground up animals and corn. It might also pass on a few multi-resistant bacteria to whomever eats it... at least if it is fresh, if not it gets really tasty. Don't worry though, those that sell putrid meat get a really hard slap on the wrist, have to pay some money (Not enough to make it unprofitable of course... we can't have that!) and won't do it again for a month or two.

So yea, apart from the better treatment and the taste it is better to buy it directly from a farmer or hunter.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

crazyewok

signalfire
Especially when people who have pets fail to extrapolate those animals' obvious feelings and emotions with their disregard for their future meals'.

I have cat, I cherish her.

And if she saw a chicken she would kill and eat it.

A cat can only eat meat, its a predator, like me.

I was being typically disgusted with the nonchalant attitudes of the thread, as usual when it comes to threads like this, and going to just ignore it all but then I read that gem.

A cat can only eat meat, its a predator, like me.

Oh silly little human. You are not a predator. You are not even close to a predator.

If you ever found yourself in the wild without all the technology that as a human you are privilege to, naked and without shelter, hungry and thirsty...

you would be food. not a predator.

This is the only topic next to guns that I see such ignorance spewed out in response to harmless opinion. A real concern exists and rather than understand it, people rather go "From my cold dead fingers, hyuk hyuk!!" and post a meme about some old lady pointing an uzi at some masked criminal.

Except here it's "from my greasy chubby fingers... hurble burble!!!" and a "PEOPLE EASTING TASTY ANIMULS!!" meme.

"I don't torture animals. I hunt my own. Humanely and quickly. So it doesn't bother me at all.".... why then do you hunt your own? To feel manly? Or because you know what you're eating?

So it has nothing to do at all that the barbaric way the rest of humanity simply treats animal like an object and mistreat them right up to your buddies plate?

I eat meat. But I'm not so ignorant as to grin like a toddler and go "Hurrrrrr but it's tastey so I dun care!"

gah.. and it's only 5:41am

(post by HUMBLEONE removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

winofiend

I live in the UK. Im top of the food chain.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

crazyewok

winofiend

I live in the UK. Im top of the food chain.
LMAO!! Now THAT was funny.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I think we have been sold fallacy we need to eat meat, I have read there is suitable protein in vegetables. People have contempt for animals. The human race may one day be invaded by a reptile race that considers us its food. Karma in action.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

If you ever found yourself in the wild without all the technology that as a human you are privilege to, naked and without shelter, hungry and thirsty... 

Most indigenous tribes and our remote ancestors seemed to be fairly adept at surviving without technology.... and most were predators. Some scientists still blame humans for killing off the megafauna of the New World.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
anyone who works in a slaughterhouse or animal testing places has got to be twisted in the head in the first place or any cruelty to animals. i read just a fraction of the link about the knob who smashed a cow on its face with a wrench just because it walked up to him and proudly beating cows whilst tied up, good job it wasn't done in front of me as i would have done exactly the same to him. God help anyone who hurts an animal in front of me. theres no need for it.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Advantage

LMAO!! Now THAT was funny.

Well until foxes or owels work out how to hunt down human Im sitting pretty

edit on 11-12-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
What if we are simply livestock for a more advanced civilization...?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Wino...

We're not just "predators". Humans are The most successful apex predators on this planet.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

HUMBLEONE

signalfire

And what does it say about those who will simply state, 'but I lurve me a good steak!'; usually these are the same people suffering from heart disease caused in no small part by the difficulty involved in assimilating animal lard and suet into the human body and burning the extra calories off again.

The Stomach Churning Reason Why Our Meat Is So Cheap

I question those figures as being accurate for what is CONSUMED in the US. The census bureau claims approximately 313 million people a/o YE 2011. They may be processing that amount of animals but it's not staying in the US.

Anyone who raises or hunts their own meat knows the time and effort to healthy animals. Torturing before killing is a lose lose way to kill an animal. My animals are raised with love and many hours expended by myself, making sure they have a happy and healthy life. They are killed quickly with no suffering and are appreciated with each bite. That's just the way it is.

www.meatami.com...

Feeding the World

•The U.S. exported 921.4 million metric tons (MT*) of beef and beef variety meat in 2011, up 21% from 2010. Export value of beef and beef variety meat exports reached a record $6.1 billion in 2011, up 31% from 2010.
•On a volume and value basis, the top three markets for U.S. beef in 2011 were Mexico, Canada and Japan. Records were also set in Taiwan, South Korea and Vietnam

•The U.S. exported 1.75 billion MT of pork and pork variety meat in 2011, up 6% from 2010. Annual total pork shipments were valued at $5.32 billion, up 30% from 2010
• The top markets for U.S. pork in terms of volume were Japan, Mexico and China/Hong Kong, but in terms of value were Japan, Mexico and Canada.

•The U.S. exported 3.4 billion MT of poultry and poultry variety meats in 2011, down 8% from 2010. The value was estimated at $3.97 billion.
•Exports in 2011 accounted for 22.8 percent of U.S. pork production, 19.8 percent of poultry production and 10.6 percent of beef production.
•*1 MT = 2204.6 lbs

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

You should only consume about a half pound of actual *Meat* per week anyway. The rest of your protein should come from other sources. So the fact that we produce this much meat, and eat this much meat is also a problem.

~Tenth

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join