It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5th Grader Suspended for Imaginary Weapon.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The title will look great on the main page as well...
Pussification of America...
Imagine you want to "deny ignorance" only to see this as the lead story?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

the owlbear
I hate to sound like a "pussy" in a thread titled "Pussification of America..." but there was a day and time on ATS when that would have had a snip at least and a "shame on you"...I guess the moderators allow us to refer to people and groups as "pussy" now?
Saving these screens as reference...wink, wink to the one who follows me around.

Lol... the term "pussification" doesn't have the same negative connotation that the word "pussy" does when used in the way you are using it. Just like the term dick is perfectly acceptable when it's some guys name, or in a sentence such as "stop dicking around". That's English for you, haha.
edit on 11/12/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

ChaoticOrder

the owlbear
I hate to sound like a "pussy" in a thread titled "Pussification of America..." but there was a day and time on ATS when that would have had a snip at least and a "shame on you"...I guess the moderators allow us to refer to people and groups as "pussy" now?
Saving these screens as reference...wink, wink to the one who follows me around.

Lol... the term "pussification" doesn't have the same negative connotation that the word "pussy" does when used in the way you are using it. Just like the term dick is perfectly acceptable when it's some guys name. That's English for you, haha.

What is a "pussy"?
Define it please and the etymology of how the term came into being in its negative connotation. Or are you too much of a "pussy".
That's right, no negative connotation...
Saving screens for the mods.
edit on 11-12-2013 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Lol, lets not go off topic and onto wild tangents related to the etymology of pussy.

Haha... ok... omg I can't stop laughing.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

ChaoticOrder

Lol, lets not go off topic and onto wild tangents related to the etymology of pussy.

Haha... ok... omg I can't stop laughing.

It is the title of the thread.
Hardly off topic.
I've been warned for less...

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Lol... well I'm afraid to tell you that the only posts in this thread which are likely to get a warning are yours.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by catfishjoe

I agree, this is over the line. Clearly, he is getting in trouble for imagining firing a bow and arrow, because it was imaginary.

Once again, we have skipped due process of innocent until proven guilty and gone straight to guilty before the crime is even committed.

Is it wrong to imagine firing a bow and arrow?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
"a girl in his class noticed the play and reported it to their teacher" - the teacher should have told her to chill.

almost tragic how far this stuff has gone.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I know I can be terrible, but the first thing to come to my mind on this was how much fun it could be if it were my kid on THIS kind of thing. My luck was he actually took a knife to school awhile back. (2 inches..and they class was gardening for a project..he even had a reason..but the book said ..so..blah blah) Anyway, I had to be the good, quiet and obedient parent that time, since he deserved what he got.

On this though? Oh... I would enjoy, while still standing in the office, letting him know I cleaned his rifle and I figured we'd go out with all the gunS..with a nice emphasis on the plural aspect..and do some target shooting. Why, that very afternoon, since he'd be suspended with nothing better to do.

I really love yanking chains on crap like this because their paranoia and fear factor truly is at sickness levels and it's fun. They need their reality yanked occasionally, as they honestly seem to believe the majority of America supports their silly little paranoid fantasies with the action it spawns against the kids.

Heh, pure awesome!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

the owlbear

Mr. Or Mrs. Owlbear

I apologize if the term "pussification" has upset you. I had no notions of upsetting anyone with that term. Does it make you uncomfortable? If the term "pussification" upsets you then I apologize 100%. I did not use that term meaning a woman's genital area. I am truly sorry. God bless and merry Christmas.

P.s. if the term "god bless" or " merry Christmas" upset you then I apologize 100%. I meant no offense.

This is whats wrong. If you were offended by the title of the thread.......then don't click on it!!!!! America is turning into a bunch of butthurt wusses. Oh.....god.....i used the term "wusses"!!!!

Moderators......I truly meant no harm or malice in the term "pussification". If someone gets butthurt and complains then please delete. Upsetting someone was my last intent.

Peace

edit on 11-12-2013 by catfishjoe because: my spelling got butthurt.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If they had the same ridiculous standards when I was in grade school I would have probably gotten the death sentence for all the girls I kissed, flirted with, or asked to show me there panties!!! They would probably be more satisfied if the little boy was gay or wanted to wear a dress!!! Leave the damn kids alone already!!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
My bad. Wrong story. I was commenting on the 6th grader who got suspended for kissing a girl on the hand. Anyway I think that there should be a total confiscation of all tiny plastic weapons. I wonder if it would still be considered armed robbery if I tried to rob a bank with a tiny toy plastic gun? hahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

catfishjoe

the owlbear

Mr. Or Mrs. Owlbear

I apologize if the term "pussification" has upset you. I had no notions of upsetting anyone with that term. Does it make you uncomfortable? If the term "pussification" upsets you then I apologize 100%. I did not use that term meaning a woman's genital area. I am truly sorry. God bless and merry Christmas.

P.s. if the term "god bless" or " merry Christmas" upset you then I apologize 100%. I meant no offense.

This is whats wrong. If you were offended by the title of the thread.......then don't click on it!!!!! America is turning into a bunch of butthurt wusses. Oh.....god.....i used the term "wusses"!!!!

Moderators......I truly meant no harm or malice in the term "pussification". If someone gets butthurt and complains then please delete. Upsetting someone was my last intent.

Peace

Define Butthurt wusses...
If this is what passes as ATS...I want no part of it anymore.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

catfishjoe

the owlbear

Mr. Or Mrs. Owlbear

Peace

Your entire post is nothing but thinly veiled insults.
Even your reason for editing...
Again...define butthurt...
If this is where Ats is heading.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

the owlbear

Don't be a dork.

ATS is full of individuals. Don't like one person's word choices, ignore them.

Given the subject matter of the thread itself... mirror mirror on the wall... chill us out once and for all.
edit on 11-12-2013 by BardingTheBard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

BardingTheBard

the owlbear

Don't be a dork.

ATS is full of individuals. Don't like one person's word choices, ignore them.

Given the subject matter of the thread itself... mirror mirror on the wall... chill us out once and for all.

edit on 11-12-2013 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Lol... clearly you have a problem understanding the line in the sand between acceptable terminology and unacceptable terminology. Be ready for your posts to get removed.

EDIT: I see you edited out your last comment... smart move.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

the owlbear
So says the "bum sore kitty"...

Now we're getting somewhere! Danke!

-------------------

On to the thread itself: I'm curious how many of these events are motivated by teachers who dislike the specific kid/parents/something and didn't expect it to become a big deal.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
LOL at the way this thread is headed! I agree it is part of the pussification of America, people get their panties in a wad over the stupidest stuff, and then they want others to join them in their panty wadded party!

This is crazy that the kid got suspended over a pretend weapon, I understand they have a "zero tolerance" policy, but teachers are getting insane with that! I could understand if he had a toy bow and arrow with him, then pretended to shoot it, but a pretend one!?! WTH??

I'm sure this post is offensive to some, sorry!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Your entire post is nothing but thinly veiled insults.
Even your reason for editing...
Again...define butthurt...

Butthurt means manufactured outrage that is entertaining to people who are smart enough to know that being offended is weak minded.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join