It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paradigm shift? Riot police and military now joining protestors worldwide.

page: 1

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Two years ago, we saw it in countries like Bahrain, Greece, Tunisia and Egypt:

A year ago, we saw it in Germany and Portugal:

Five months ago, it happened in Brazil:

Right now its happening in Italy and Thailand:
Its not happening everywhere and its not always on a mass scale but something is happening, something's changing in the minds of those who have been hired to guard the establishment.

I would liken it to a spontaneous worldwide awakening. Oath Keepers on a global scale?

And when it does happen, the media doesnt seem too thrilled about reporting it. Is it happening more than we know or realize?

Something thats been said and often reiterated by Ron Paul, "no government, no army, can stop an idea whose time has come".

In these cases it is the army which is helping the people to promote that idea, the idea of freedom.

Nor does it take an entire army. It just takes a few courageous men and women to awaken others who serve TPTB.

edit on 11-12-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
When Hit Squad-- Spec Ops teams visit the billionaires at home nestled in their beds, then I will believe it.

When those that provide the money, stop paying all these "joiners", then I will believe it.

The ELites will just take their ball (the economy) and go home (raise commodity prices).

WHen the ELites try to sit on the ill-gotten wealth,

They need destroyed.. and their HEIRS

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Funny how the US pretends to champion democracy while simultaneously protecting the Gulf state monarchies. We seem pretty darn selective about who "needs" democracy forced on them and who doesn't.

It was the UK after that established most of the Gulf states by using MI6 to install their favored clan as the rulers. We're still playing along at that game while some of the worst human rights abuses happen in the very countries we call our "close friends and allies".

I think many of these police and soldiers have paid or will be paying a heavy price for supporting the people. They are certainly not lacking in courage and it does my heart good to see such reconciling of differences. The best way to see more of this happen is greater austerity measures to spread the pain around everyone but the 1%. Titles and position seem irrelevant once you can no longer pay your bills.

Keep pushing you greedy S.O.B.s, push all the police and military towards the people's side.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Which is why all the bloodlines are scared. The people are waking up. The guards are asking "why?" As they should be. There is no more time for "blindly following orders". The time to start is now. I am no longer waiting for those who accept everything the gov't spoon feeds them as gospel to realize what is wrong. The writing is on the wall and it's in bright neon lights.

Time to stop being lazy and start being active. Active in reading, researching, strengthening and conditioning ourselves to get rid of their control. Period.

There is no other way.

Excellent thread!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Except people don't know what they're protesting; and in this ignorance seek scapegoats, not change.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
These people are in a bad position , following orders or join the protesting party , when caught they sadly would be set as an example for Law enforcement personel to not turn on the commanding structure.

this is from 2 days ago

www.usatoday.com...

i can imagine the frustration if you would be from the Federal Police and you would be send to a Province to arrest your co workers , i mean you would understand that even these people have enough of the system and they are the gatekeepers.

TheGreazel.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The phrase, 'You're either with us, or with the terrorists' can be taken several ways...

I've posted this idea before, but for those who haven't seen it;

The Internet is electronic telepathy; ideas are now spreading with ever more force and speed across the entire globe, and only shutting down the internet will stop the growing realization by everyone on the planet that we've been controlled by a very few amount of people.

They might own the tanks and bombs, but they need other people willing to drive and drop them.

This is good news, OP, thank you for sharing.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It seems that in this country, they are getting rid of a lot of the top military officials. Why, is it because they will side with the people?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

signalfire
This is good news...

I agree.

This gives me tremendous hope for the future.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
At last, common sense is coming through to all. I am so glad because when the Police turn their own unarmed people who are complaining about genuine reasons for dissatisfaction, its simply not right.

Its worse when our Government uses infiltrators to deliberately start rioting and trouble at protests, in fact it should be a crime as incitement if done by our so-called secret services etc is still illegal.

Our police and military are formed to fight criminals and people who threaten our country and its civilians, not its own people who the Establishment through Government, Banks and Corporations are ripping off and in fact are the victims of crime..

Ironically, individuals within the Police and Military are more of a threat to the 'Establishment' than ordinary civilians and certainly should not be complaiscent about their personal security. Governments, Banks and Corporations treat these people with contempt, cheap gear and the lowest wages they can pay. The snobbery value of a visit to the Monarchy for some award, although genuinely earned in some cases, is purely a form of emotional bribery with a whiff of a pretence that the individual concerned is on the perifory of the elite.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

You remind me of George Eads....accepting that is you in your 'avatar'....

Back OT.....Not only are the Americans seemingly removing their top brass, does anybody remember about 2 years ago ALL the top turkish military brass resigned en masse?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Asktheanimals
Funny how the US pretends to champion democracy while simultaneously protecting the Gulf state monarchies. We seem pretty darn selective about who "needs" democracy forced on them and who doesn't.

I don't really feel this whole Democracy thing in the U.S. right now, it seems a lot more like an Oligarchy. In a Democracy, the people would theoretically have some kind of pull with the government - but I simply don't think that is the case at all.

The N.S.A. operates completely out of congressional oversight for the most part, along with branches of the C.I.A. that are probably running a lot of our country outside of the executive branch. And then the Executive is even doing things like setting up stuff a private army (Homeland Security Forces) that report directly in to him or her.

We have drones, surveillance and strict enforcement of totalitarian laws to look forward to - and I'm not sure how much of a difference the voter can make, especially when it comes to writing to their representatives, but maybe.

Israel is already using drones in Palestine to suppress the dissidents, even firing on civilians at random, so I would not be surprised if that policy showed up here eventually.
edit on 12amThu, 12 Dec 2013 04:27:46 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

rickymouse
It seems that in this country, they are getting rid of a lot of the top military officials. Why, is it because they will side with the people?

That was the general idea, yes - I think I even read a report about that being one of the criteria for firing them. This kind of thing can go under the radar because people don't understand the idea of temporal reasoning.

But basically, someone in the government is planning ahead for a contingency that is likely enough to happen that top military brass are being axed. So that seems likely enough.

new topics

top topics

join