It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Stats

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Washington (CNN) -- After a surge of sign-ups on the last day for open enrollment, Obamacare met the White House's original target of 7 million people signing up, White House spokesperson Jay Carney said.

To be exact, 7,041,000 people picked a plan on the government run exchanges.

"We surpassed everyone's expectations," he said at the White House daily press briefing.

CNN

There you have it folks, for all who said it will fail read it and weep.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

And again. They placed the item in the cart. There is nothing stating how many people have paid for said item, or are actually using the product.

Any reason for you guys to pat each other on the back is never missed.

On a side note, I want you to know that today, I personally selected items on Amazon that total $1b dollars. So.....Amazon is set for a while. You can count on those items selected to be purchased at a later date **Winks eye and nods head**

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Hip Hip Horray !!!!

now what about the 30 million that didn't "sign-up" ?

and how many of those "7 million" had insurance cancelled or already had mediciad before and re-signed-up?

How many of the "7 million" are paid up?

How many are "multiple" enrolled?

The "net" number is the important number. 3 million maybe?

I know I know, one step at a time right?

How many Billion$$ will the government have to spend now?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The number of signups has been a steadily downward moving target goal. First 14 Millon it's now 7M. Whatever the number ends up being, it's the Ratio of Young Healthy signups that matter. Approximately 39% of the signups, whatever the total number is, have to be "young/healthy" people signing up or Premiums will, you guessed it, Go Up.

The economics of the ACA have been compromised right from the start, the Demographic breakdown of enrollees will ultimately tell if it will be fiscally viable.

Time will tell how this plays out, being in a field that has to deal with the ACA, the math of the whole system doesn't add up.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Still waiting on those figures/stats showing how many people have actually PAID for this wonderful service the Govt has forced us to purchase.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

macman

Still waiting on those figures/stats showing how many people have actually PAID for this wonderful service the Govt has forced us to purchase.

A study out today says 858,000 have paid for Obamacare. It also says 2/3 of the potential enrollees had insurance the previous year.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Without snarkyness, where did you find that?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Obama announced that the number of people who have signed up for private insurance through the marketplaces has grown to 8 million. About 35% of those people are under the age of 35, he added. That number is slightly less than the 40% that the White House and independent experts originally forecast for the system to work successfully, but it's higher than numbers released earlier this year.

Obama said the law is "now covering more people at less cost than most would have predicted just a few months ago" and criticized its opponents.

Obama: Republicans 'were wrong' about....

Barely 2 weeks after the deadline enrollment has grown buy another million people with 35% being young people. There goal was 40% but its still higher than opponents thought it would be.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

originally posted by: macman

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

right...what a tragedy that the US government has to spend billions on healthcare for it's own people...it's like somehow the majority of US people think they own the government....what a crock of crap right???....can't you find another country to constantly criticize, or are you exclusively trying to de-stabilize America so much that you want to see violent civil war here. in none of your posts have you had anything positive to say about this country

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
I heard a guy call a talk radio show yesterday and apologize saying that he got a better plan for a lot less money thanks to Obamacare.

Everyone should apply to see exactly what it will cost them. Most would be pleasantly surprised.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BenJoseph
I don't agree, loan is not always first preference of anyone, If people wanted avoid dental or medical loan on their treatment, They can try no credit check patient financing. Best and easy way to pay your medical bills without enrolling under any insurance plan and pay bills with easy recurring payments. a reply to: guohua

My wife has almost 500,000 in medical costs the last 3 years. No way a no credit check financing company will pay it and even if they did, I certainly couldn't afford to pay them back. And BTW a no credit check financing is still a loan.
edit on 16-11-2018 by sligtlyskeptical because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

So, technically, since no payments have been made, and no method in place either, there really isn't much to talk about, as those that have "signed up" are basically like those that are "pre-qualified" for a loan.

And those that have "registered" haven't "signed up" and aren't technical supposed to be counted, unless you live in 0bamaland and use the 0bama method of counting.

I am not paying my bill until it is due. Do you pay your bills two months in advance? You have displayed very poor reasoning in this thread. Even the article differentiates between those who have signed up and those who have reviewed plans. Funny how people have actually paid their premiums after signing up the last 3 years. i would bet that you have never even looked into how much an exchange policy will cost you, have you? My plan for this year has a zero deductible and $2500 out of pocket max. Replacing a plan with $2500 deductible, $500 max out of pocket. Co-pays are down from $120 to $35. i get some subsidy help, but my costs are based on income and not the premium, so I chose a better plan.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join