It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Stats

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

bigdaveyl

LDragonFire
reply to post by irishchic

I thought ObamaCare was supposed to give us choice in the market place at a cheaper cost for everyone because there would now be competition?

That was one of the big lies that has been surrounding ACA since the president was selling it to the people, actually the ACA will make possible for the big insurance companies to buy out the small ones eliminating competition, controlling the markets and prices and on top of that they will be bigger than the banks when the ACA scam fails, tax payers will be forced to bail them out.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bigdaveyl

I I'm getting the feeling that those without any insurance will be the only ones to say they got something better than before. The problem is those same people will not be able to afford the copayment just like before.

I still don't understand why we could not have had a limited system for just those needed it.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It sure looks like the only "subsidies" that will be forthcoming will be the ones paid to state-governments and insurance companies as part of a "bail out" after they claim they are "broke" just trying to comply with Obamacare BS.

Do you honestly believe anyone who owns property, pays taxes, has earned wealth, has retirement assets in place,and is pro active about their health will qualify for anything but getting screwed over in this fiasco?

It's easier for me to believe in Santa right now

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

irishchic
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It sure looks like the only "subsidies" that will be forthcoming will be the ones paid to state-governments and insurance companies as part of a "bail out" after they claim they are "broke" just trying to comply with Obamacare BS.

Do you honestly believe anyone who owns property, pays taxes, has earned wealth, has retirement assets in place,and is pro active about their health will qualify for anything but getting screwed over in this fiasco?

It's easier for me to believe in Santa right now

Look what obamacare is doing to Puerto Rico, Really I think if you read the story, it's just a precursor to what they wanted here. Just think if we had ( Thank G_D We Don't ) Four More Years!

Puerto Ricans, who are born U.S. citizens, do not enroll on the healthcare.gov because their government decided not to offer health-insurance exchanges, which offers private plans.

Puerto Ricans, who are born U.S. citizens, do not enroll on the healthcare.gov because their government decided not to offer health-insurance exchanges, which offers private plans.

Instead, the Affordable Care Act, commonly dubbed Obamacare, has mostly arrived on the island in the form of a $6.3 billion social welfare check allocated to the government to continue to pay for its Medicaid and for its separate, free state-run insurance program called "Mi Salud," between 2014 and 2019.

Roughly 1.7 million Puerto Ricans already depend on free health insurance in the island and local doctors are concerned that the additional financial infusion to the program will make the territory even more dependent on welfare.

That's right, their being pushed closer to a social welfare state.

Another major concern for doctors like Alvarez and Tirada is that the Puerto Rican government has hired a third party private insurance company, Triple S, to handle claims, billing, and the ins and outs of the government’s public insurance program.

Tirada said putting Obamacare money in the hands of just one private insurance company is going to put profits ahead of patients and physicians.

"The more claims that get denied, the more money the government will save and the more money the private insurer will make," Alvarez said.

Obamacare Pushing
What happens when you haven't met your Deductible for the year?
edit on 14-12-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
www.kgw.com...

"For the second week in a row, the Washington Healthplanfinder website is down, and it's causing problems for people who are dealing with billing issues. Some of them say the website is mistakenly debiting their accounts."

Yep...sign up...provide your info and financial access even if you don't know what the heck you'll be getting.

They will gladly take your money.
edit on 15-12-2013 by irishchic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Spam removed, user banned

Sauron,
Super Moderator
edit on 15/12/2013 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

macman
Where did all the 0bama and 0bamacare backers go???
jimmyx, what gives?? If it is so great, why can't you defend it?

LDragonFire, your all on your own I guess.

They followed their leaders example. Yup, it's just about Christmas Time and that means,,, OOOOOPS,

the P C Police will be after me soon,,,,,,, (X-mas Time) NAW, Screw them

It's Christmas Time and obama has forgotten all about you.

Do us all a favor and Stay Away! After your first 5 years, we Really don't need the Horror's of the Next Three!

edit on 23-12-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

LDragonFire
As of today over 365k people have signed up and have purchased a plan.

Over 800k are now eligible for medicaid.

1.9 million have signed up but haven't chosen a plan yet.

These numbers are lower than expected, but as they continue to make improvements to the website this number will skyrocket.

Obamacare stats

Well!

Tomorrow's December 23rd deadline, which was extended an extra week due to the HealthCare.gov debacle, marks the near midpoint of Obamacare's six-month enrollment period. The Obama administration says it needs to sign up 7,000,000 people to Obamacare by the March 31 deadline. Individuals wishing for health coverage to begin January 1 must be enrolled by tomorrow's deadline; those wishing to avoid the government's fine of $95 or 1% of their income must get health coverage by March 31.

And Today is the 23rd, has it Happened? I'll answer that for you, NO!

According to the RealClearPolitics average of polls, just 38% of Americans now support Obamacare; a Harvard University poll finds that 57% of young people disapprove of Obamacare.

Deadline

Moreover, reports on the number of enrollees the White House releases and the media slavishly repeats are inaccurate. You have to pay your first month's policy in order to be enrolled and insured. Both the White House and the media are reporting those who have only put a health plan in their shopping cart as "enrolled."
Studies show that the online abandonment rate of items placed in a shopping cart is as high as 65%.
Currently, the media have shown little interest in digging up or demanding the real ObamaCare enrollment numbers.

Does That Surprise Any One Here?
Obama to sign up
ObamaCare is A Failure, Much Like This President!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
My insurance premiums rose 10% and co-insurance increased 10% in 2012 over 2011. My insurance premiums rose 45% in 2013. I'm not sure if I will have insurance in 2015 when the 40% "Cadillac" plan tax is added to employer-provided insurance plans. I guess we'll have to see.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Fury1984
My insurance premiums rose 10% and co-insurance increased 10% in 2012 over 2011. My insurance premiums rose 45% in 2013. I'm not sure if I will have insurance in 2015 when the 40% "Cadillac" plan tax is added to employer-provided insurance plans. I guess we'll have to see.

the whole obamacare is something that i did support, but as time goes on, its becoming apparent the conservatives are right that this could be the worst thing ever. I do wish the right would try in a bipartisan effort to fix the aca.

I don't support laws that force a individual to pay for a product. Forcing the public to buy auto insurance so we have endless progressive and gieco insurance commercials pisses me off.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I do wish the right would try in a bipartisan effort to fix the aca.

They did try, It was Called, Delay or Better Yet, Repel it totally.

I am very glad to read you're waking up to the total Scam Obamcare was to begin with.
It's a money maker for the insurance companies with the Government as their Cheer Leader and Supporter.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
More than 2 million enrolled under Obamacare

Washington (CNN) -- More than 2 million people have signed up so far for health coverage under Obamacare, officials said Tuesday in trying to put the best face forward before the controversial health care reforms fully kick in with the start of 2014.

The enrollment figure represented a big increase after the botched launch of the system in October, but Health Secretary Kathleen Sebelius was unable to say how many of the 2.1 million who enrolled have paid their first premium to ensure their policies take effect on Wednesday.

cnn politics

900,000 short of there 3 million goal, not a success, but not total failure either.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

LDragonFire

Washington (CNN) -- More than 2 million people have signed up so far for health coverage under Obamacare, officials said Tuesday in trying to put the best face forward before the controversial health care reforms fully kick in with the start of 2014.

The enrollment figure represented a big increase after the botched launch of the system in October, but Health Secretary Kathleen Sebelius was unable to say how many of the 2.1 million who enrolled have paid their first premium to ensure their policies take effect on Wednesday.

cnn politics

900,000 short of there 3 million goal, not a success, but not total failure either.

And way short of the 50 million uninsured as claimed.

48 million to go.

The next 90 days will be interesting.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

LDragonFire
As of today over 365k people have signed up and have purchased a plan.

Over 800k are now eligible for medicaid.

1.9 million have signed up but haven't chosen a plan yet.

These numbers are lower than expected, but as they continue to make improvements to the website this number will skyrocket.

Obamacare stats [/quote

Seems to me your the biggest parrot here. People adding in good material, you should have counters to the claims instead of labeling. Unfortunately it appears quite black and white here, there is no point in trying to sugar coat
things.

It only seems like this place is Right wing heavy because the waves of campaign workers aren't getting paid anymore.

edit on 2-1-2014 by Mailman because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2014 by Mailman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

LDragonFire

cnn politics

Meanwhile, some 5 million have lost their coverage due to the strict requirements of the ACA. I fail to understand why people keep looking to politicians to fix problems they themselves created.

Tell me, why does a man need pregnancy and birth control coverage? Or a post-menopausal woman? The whole idea that the government can force a "one size fits all" health insurance plan on everyone is ludicrous and contrary to liberty.
edit on 1/19/2014 by Fury1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

LDragonFire
reply to post by jimmyx

They are hopelessly ideologically driven, they are parroting what they hear everyday day in and out. Notice how they are labeling those not on there side? obamabot, liberal, progressive, komrad. Whats really rich is how they claim its a failure when it doesn't even start till Jan 1st.

ATS is over run by the extreme right wing, that's why so many political threads are so one sided.

This thread is showing progress with Obamacare, and this alone will infuriate the right even more.
edit on 11-12-2013 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

LD, with all due respect, you are as bad as those you complain about. You seem just like the first paragraph of your post, IMO. But that's fine, hard to debate with air......

Anyhow, First estimates of 2014 signups to the ACA were 14 Million, then it was trimmed to 7 Million, Now some estimates are 4 Million. Anyway you slice it, 1.16 Million isn't close to their projections, Not all 1.9 M of those who signed up will be actually doing that. Even then, assuming all 1.9M do sign up, that's 3M new signups vs the (2.3 M to 4.7M, take your pick) people who had policies canceled and it's pretty much a wash.

We will see what the final numbers end up being. Neither side will be able to "spin" those numbers. If far too few people sign up for policies they have to pay substantially for, then the whole economics of the ACA have to be adjusted. The one year delay on the Large Employer Mandate further strained the economics of the ACA as well as kicked the can down the road for a potentially HUGE number of Americans. Next year is the real test of the ACA.

If the ACA were a patient, I think it would still be in Serious Condition. The funding/signups of the ACA isn't following the projected model, that bodes ill for it. So far, for every one sign up to the ACA, you have 2 Medicaid signups. That's not a good sign.

I don't think the ACA survives in it's current form without some pretty massive changes. Right now, it won't be deficit neutral for long.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

LDragonFire
I do wish the right would try in a bipartisan effort to fix the aca.

Huh????? You mean be bipartisan to fix a Law (ACA) that Zero of them voted for and were shut out of the drafting part of it?

The ACA is a Totally Democratic design and implementation, perhaps you should be asking those people who "didn't have time to read the Bill before they voted for it" to "FIX IT".

Jeez

Nice try to divert the blame.

Honestly, aren't you just a teeny bit miffed at how badly President Obama and the Democrats rolled out their Signature piece of Legislation?

It's those Stupid Republicans fault.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Why doesnt anyone ever believe me when I tell them... "This administration- is purposefully suiciding their own bill- they plan on its failure
to get that 'good old' one way payer system they have been screaming about since forever(all the extreme far left morons who are currently the mouths of the party all said on record that they WANTED). And now that we are faced with the biggest self created FUBAR situation EVER, you think for a second that they are going to be happy with that and just walk?" Ha!

They PLANNED THIS. It all started with a bill nobody wanted to read because of the insanity of it all- a great way to get people to finally get on board with the single payer-would be a power play to take back some sort of credibility as if they would be the ones to fix everything- by making the taxpayers pay for it. And to sustain the figure- esp with the population increase-they are trying to get these illegal people who are getting it for free- as legal citizens- to close the cost risk pool- and bam! They come out looking(in their own sick and twisted minds) like some sort of saviors for "fixing" a broken healthcare system- and giving a pathway of citizenship to those desperate illegals. Two birds- one stone. Wouldnt you at that point just feel all warm and fuzzy inside? Just the fact that he thinks he has this ability- should say to every American that this man has the ability to tell the people to take a hike- because of his supposed executive priveledge?

And since WHEN has this administration not got what it truly wanted on larger issues- remember- he has a pen.

YOU CANT WRITE LAW WITHOUT CONGRESS - NOT FOR MAJOR ISSUES SUCH AS THIS. Something that could ultimately kill the entire country in a day- because of his new self imposed power- not sanctioned by anyone.

NOW- tell me- How does my story seem so more unrealistic of how things are going to happen- compared to the way this administration is selling it? really- because this is the way I see this going.

They think they are so sneaky-and that nobody will notice when they try to go all secret agent. They are only fooling themselves though because just think of how much money that is actually going to take.
Hes got a pen- he loves spending- he loves being that guy who buys and buys when theres no cash to buy with.

Dont think he will pull a stunt like this? Then you have NOT been paying attention.
You think I am nuts- Good- Makes me feel sane, because some of you just dont care about anything other than your own damn
image.
Trust me- You dont look that good. I see pits all over your fake plastic faces. But I already know you dont care what we think- the plastic fakeness is for yourself- cause you can not confront reality, ever.

Save this post- go ahead- hes already sold me on his unique ability to lie and cheat like no other- him all all of his other tricksters. I wont be wrong- and if I am- it will be because he wont get the illegals legalized- which would mean higher tax hikes. YAY right? How much have they increased already?
and not a damn thing is being done about it. Nobody is purchasing SQUAT. its all FAKE.

Playing people like puppets.

edit on 19-1-2014 by Common Good because: his unique ability to lie and cheat like no othe

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Obama administration says about 1 million people signed up for private insurance under the health care law in January.

That extends a turnaround from early days when a dysfunctional website frustrated consumers.

Numbers released Wednesday show nearly 3.3 million people signed up from Oct. 1 through Feb. 1.

Enrollment is gaining ground, but the government's initial target of 7 million by the end of March still seems like a stretch.

Obamacare Enrollment Reached 3.3....

The have a month and a half to reach there goal of 7 million signed up, its going to be close.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Big trouble in little America.

Where's the 40 million supposedly uninsured?

Important Topic Updates

The Weekly Standard reports:

On Wednesday, the Department of Health and Human Services announced that enrollment in the Obamacare private exchanges increased by 1,146,071 in January. In December, HHS reported 1,788,000 enrollees in the month of December. That suggests a drop-off of approximately 500,000, or 29 percent.

Yet this underestimates the true extent of enrollment dropoffs. The HHS reporting period for December was four weeks, beginning on 12/1 and ending on 12/28. The reporting period for January was five weeks, beginning on 12/29 and ending on 2/1. This suggests that in December, enrollments averaged 447,000 per week, compared to 229,000 in January, or a 49 percent drop-off in new enrollees.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join