It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Stats

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Where did all the 0bama and 0bamacare backers go???
jimmyx, what gives?? If it is so great, why can't you defend it?

LDragonFire, your all on your own I guess.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

macman
Where did all the 0bama and 0bamacare backers go???
jimmyx, what gives?? If it is so great, why can't you defend it?

LDragonFire, your all on your own I guess.

Cable News Ignores New & Improved ACA Enrollment Numbers, Fox News Makes Stuff Up link

From October 1 through November 30, more than 3.6 million Americans applied for health coverage under the ACA while just over 2.3 million Americans have been processed and are eligible to buy an insurance policy through either the federal marketplace at Healthcare.gov or through a state-based marketplace. 362,683 Americans have already selected a plan with the remaining 1.9 million undecided.

An additional 803,000 Americans have enrolled in either the newly expanded Medicaid program (where available) or the Children’s Health Insurance Program.

So what were some of the top front-page headlines on right-wing blogs yesterday? “We were wrong about Obamacare enrollment?” Not a chance in hell.

Here ya go some light reading for ya.

For you fox news watchers:

It appears the only cable news website to lead with something related to the new ACA enrollment numbers was Fox News Channel, but it did so in the context of brewing up another conspiracy theory not unlike the conspiracy theory about the September 2012 employment numbers, the Obamacare numbers are fake, fake, fake. The Obama HHS is faking it. Again.

But that was just the headline. If you actually click the link and read the story, it has nothing to do with the enrollment numbers. Based on the headline, it sounds like the administration lied to Congress about the new enrollment numbers. But that’s not what the story is about. At all.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Come On,,, How many of those people that have Supposedly signed up, Wrote a Check or are going to write that check for that Premium?

HHS is boasting of enrollment for November that was four times as high as October, yet 62% of the total was in the state exchanges, some of which are marginally less prone to crashing than the federal version. Then again, 41 states posted sign-ups only in the three or four figures, including eight states that run their own exchanges. Oregon managed to scrape up 44 people. Among the 137,204 federal sign-ups, no state is reaching the critical mass necessary for stable insurance prices.

The larger problem is that none of these represent true enrollments. HHS is reporting how many people "selected" a plan on the exchange, not how many people have actually enrolled in a plan with an insurance company by paying the first month's premium, which is how the private insurance industry defines enrollment. HHS has made up its own standard

There's a Big Difference Between Actually Enrolling in a Plan and Paying for it or just Selecting a plan to review it.
juking obamacare stats
Another Very Real Problem with obamacare is the young people are not signing up.
They are the ones paying for the program, the healthy young.

Recent enrollment estimates for the Affordable Health Care exchange reveal young people have not been signing up for health insurance, raising concern over the marketplace’s financial viability.

The first set of data revealed this week showed that only 106,000 people have signed up for health insurance through the Affordable Care Act, most of whom are elderly and have medical problems, the Associated Press reports.
The exchange’s viability hinges on young people signing up to offset costs of insuring older patients with medical issues. The White House has estimated that it needs two younger people to sign up for Obamacare for every three older participants.
If the problem persists, insurance companies will be forced to increase insurance premiums and deductibles, or even leave the marketplace to avoid too much financial loss.

Obamacare needs two
So, like it was for you and get out the VOTE, now you need to Get Out The Young & Healthy to Sign Up!

edit on 12-12-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

How can they process this, with no payment method in place?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

They don't need to until Jan 1st.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

LDragonFire
reply to post by guohua

What do they have to do with obamacare? Obamacare doesn't cover cosmetic surgery the links you provided do.

Well not yet...

But, don't the poor have a right, A RIGHT! to affordable plastic surgery?

Come on, why do you hate poor people?

Cosmetic Surgery IS A RIGHT!

edit on CST03America/Chicago50Thu, 12 Dec 2013 15:18:58 -0600183033150 by TheWrightWing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

So, I sell you a car. You take possession of it, yet there is no way for me to get paid for this transaction.

Yeah, what a grand success. It sounds about on par for the Govt though. Just look how well they did with the GM bailout.

Your blind faith in all thing 0bama and Govt is pretty astonishing.

The site still isn't functioning and they had 3 years, millions upon millions of dollars and a class act contractor to perform said work.

Now, the billing system isn't even completed, it is Dec 12th and knowing the track record of such things, you believe it will be ready by Jan 1st.

I bet you actually believe 0bama will slow the rise of the oceans as well.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

So, technically, since no payments have been made, and no method in place either, there really isn't much to talk about, as those that have "signed up" are basically like those that are "pre-qualified" for a loan.

And those that have "registered" haven't "signed up" and aren't technical supposed to be counted, unless you live in 0bamaland and use the 0bama method of counting.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Does anyone signed up for obamacare currently owe any money?

When will they owe money for there plan?

Is anyone signed up with obamacare currently covered by the plan?

When will they be covered?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What the hell are people "signing up for" without paying anything?AS I understand it, there is no "payment system" in place so howdo they know what they are getting and hoe much it will be?

Is it some sort of "auto-pay" system where you'd have money deducted from a credit card or account every month?

Rhetorial questions really...I just like to know the what and how much before I sign up as a rule.

Are they REALLY looking to find out who does NOT have coverage or who has LOST it as a result of ths mess?

What exactly is being sold in these "exchanges" in terms of "coverage" and by whom because I have read PAGES of "stuff" and still cannot figure it out! I've also read that you will need to "contact the insurance company to be SURE you have coverage even after you sign up!

In the meanwhile, I have yet another letter today from Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Texas informing me of rate hikes and "fees"...that makes three in the past 4 months for a healthy, proactive, self-paying citizen. It's going to be 1K a month if this continues...are they forcing people like myself to "pay more upfront" to help fund this fiasco which I firmly am convinced IS a "tax.money grab" that has very little in essence to do with healthcare!

It's starting to look like yet another "license to steal..." Who is going to pay for all these higher numbers of people "eligible for Medicaid?

Let...Me...Guess.

I know of some here (and two of the women are married to non-citizens) who not employed, get everything paid for already for themselves and their kids PLUS they get "earned child credit" AND every damn "program" in Texas that allows for the playing field to be "leveled" ...so they will be the ones who qualify for "subsidies" while the rest of us poor slobs just keep tossing hard-earned cash out the window into this "system?"

I realize the "popular consensus" these days is that there is an "inequality of wealth" that must someone be improved but I for one am DAMN tired of having everything I have worked for bled out of me...

People like me may well just say "screw this" and eventually just do our best to stay healthy, dodge the wolves at the door, fly under the radar, and pay for our services as we go...and you can bet I will NOT be leaving an "estate behind" for them to TAX and/ or TAKE either!

Can we get a do-over please?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
So we now know for sure that there is no payment system built into the ObamaCare website.

So what if you qualify for a subsidy ?

How will the government know how much to pay the insurance company ?

Answer: they won't know.

So, the insurance company will now somehow come up with a "Guess" and that's what the government will pay, then a "Real" amount will be settled on later !!!

The magic question is: How will that "Guess" be arrived upon ?

If the website was able to give you a subsidy amount, WHY now is a "Guess" by 3rd parties necessary ?

Sounds like an open door for monumental mistakes & errors not to mention fraud.

Obama officials confirmed there was no method of payment built into the Obamacare website. Without a payment mechanism, there is no way to officially enroll in a real sense by going through the website.

So what is the administration going to do? They are going to let the insurance companies ESTIMATE what they THINK they should be getting based on “sign ups” and the government is going to pay it out to them. Once system is built the government can then settle with the insurers. So the government is just going to give the companies our money on an honor system until they can figure it out. What a mess.

No Payment System Built Into Obamcare Website, So Gov To Pay Insurance Companies Based On Their “Estimate” Of What Owed

The M-A-N-I-A never ends !!!

"New Obamacare Bombshell - Rpt: No System Yet For Exchange Payment -The Kelly File"

"White House Announces New Fix To Get Coverage For People Who Lost Plans - The Kelly File"

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Oh, I can see the advertisement for those that lost their health care insurance,

"Sign in for Obama care and get first three months free" then get 160% finance rates for the rest of the year and if you have not pay your premiums and co pay by the end of the year they will roll over to the next year, we don't want you to be uninsured we just want to you to be a slave for life.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

How can they owe money to something that can't accept money.

So, the numbers, by your statement of "Is anyone signed up with obamacare currently covered by the plan? " actually means that they aren't counted yet, as it hasn't gone live yet...

So, counting the chickens before they hatch, where you have no way to feed said chicks.

Also, when will they need to pay for the service? I guess Jan 1 then. SO, the transaction has yet to be completed, yet in Govt and 0bamaland, can be counted. Along with people that have registered, but not signed up.

Your Semantics level is not as good as 0bama's and his Admin, but good try though.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Xtrozero
I'm curious, has anyone on ATS received a "good deal"? I on the other hand have two plans. One went up 400% in cost and the other one increased copays by 50%. So in both cases, as long as I stay healthy all is good, but if I get sick I will pay a hell of a lot more now than before Obamacare.

For those who have received a good deal can you explain why it is one? Is it the yearly cost, copay, availability etc? I’m hearing some real horror stories about the bronze plan where copays can be 1000s of dollars, might as well not be a plan at all if that is the case. I’m thinking that people are just saying now that they have insurance without really understanding what insurance they have. I guess they will figure it out when they actually need it.

It is funny that poor people will get the bronze plan and then are expected to write a check for a few 1000s when they need to use it…. Is that about as unrealistic as it can get? So if a person is poor and they use a lot of care and then are expected to pay 1000s but never do, is their insurance cut off? Or do they continue to get care and just endless bills. There will be zero poor people able to afford copayments so what happens when none pay?

I did not get a deal, but I can share my experience.

Just got married in September. Just figured we would look into the alternatives, and see if we could get a subsidy.

We aren't exactly rich, but no subsidy and crappier insurance than what we get through our respective employers.

From my reading, the only people that see any benefit is people who did not have insurance and do not make much money. So, you basically punish everyone who is happy with their plans, or at least indifferent just to help the relative few.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Let me guess, you haven't even signed up too see how much it would be?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I wouldn't click on that site for love nor money

I have current private pay coverage and my "PlanB" thought out and have several physicians close to me in the family, an ex, and friends so I'll hold tight for now,continue to whine a bit and then when my premium far outweighs what I think the value is,will see what the next best move is.

There is a LOT of grey area to navigate or ignore.

I don't volunteer my info nor my money for non-returning products,including faux health care.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Yes you will, if you qualify.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

LDragonFire

Yes you will, if you qualify.

What about those of us that don't qualify for any subsidy? We can't exactly afford the premiums and/or deductibles.

It is a very real possibility that a large amount people lose their employer insurance next year. Their employers may be on shaky ground as it is, and their employees are generally happy with their insurance as it is now. Many of them will not be able to afford the exchanges because they make too much.

I thought ObamaCare was supposed to give us choice in the market place at a cheaper cost for everyone because there would now be competition?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bigdaveyl

LDragonFire

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

LDragonFire
reply to post by bigdaveyl

LDragonFire

Again, as I have stated, I have looked into my states exchange and entered all my data in. I would get a big fat 0 for a subsidy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join