It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Stats

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Speaking of Obamacare Statistics...

Yes, one more lesson to nails who refuse to keep their heads lowered, the loving and benevolent government hammer will see to it that all fall in line, to ensure uniform harmony.

A follow up on the previously mentioned cancer patient Bill Elliot:

Elliott told Fox’s Megyn Kelly that he had decided he wasn’t going to pay for the new expensive plan, and was instead going to take the financial penalty and “let nature take its course.”

Cancer Patient Who Lost Health Insurance Because of Obamacare Now Being Audited By the IRS

Let this serve as a warning to anyone who dares suggest anything short of how wonderful and generous our deeply caring army of faceless government bureaucrats are.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

TheWrightWing

jimmyx

ok...1st, the woman's story, if you read it, says that she hasn't been able to sign onto the website... it said she called "other insurance companies" and they gave her quotes....she has NOT CONTACTED the website or called the helpline...2nd, we don't know what her income is, and 3rd, we don't know what subsidy she might receive.....
this is all important information....and it is (shocker!!) left out of the Hannity report....rolls eyes

So you are saying she deserved to lose her insurance, and be forced to pay $900 a month with a $5k deductible, for the greater good?

She is an Obamacare Statistic.

Hey, as long as Sandra Fluk is provided with abortion pills on demand, it's worth it, right?

what's wrong with you?....how does your question make any sense out of what I said?....this is all hearsay, with none of the important info I mentioned above. and, it's obvious that the lady in question hasn't even contacted the website or the ACA helpline, so she doesn't have a clue about what coverage she would get with the ACA. geez, my wife and I had our insurance canceled too, but, we did the research and spent a little time, and now we are signed up.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

TheWrightWing

jimmyx

here's a little more context
thinkprogress.org...

Lol! Think Progress for "Context", hm?

Komrade, you are most equal.

I prefer the words and actions of members of the Obama administration for context. But, that's just me.

Komrade?...really?...what is this, your high school term paper on the use of propaganda?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

jimmyx

what's wrong with you?....how does your question make any sense out of what I said?....this is all hearsay, with none of the important info I mentioned above. and, it's obvious that the lady in question hasn't even contacted the website or the ACA helpline, so she doesn't have a clue about what coverage she would get with the ACA. geez, my wife and I had our insurance canceled too, but, we did the research and spent a little time, and now we are signed up.

Peoples personal accounts about their own experience with insurance cancellation and responses from insurers = Hearsay!

People can't be trusted to choose their own insurance coverage, how can they be trusted to accurately convey their own account of events?

I hear ya... I hear ya...

This is what she deserves by wanting to simplify paperwork by being covered by her husband's insurance and not entering all her most sensitive, personal information on a shoddy website with laughable security, right? Assuming it worked at some point in the distant future.

Or, better yet, hand over all that information to God knows who answering the phone on the other end?

Yes, she has it coming to her! It's her fault!

Yep, I hear ya.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
After ALL of their (proven) Lies...WHY do liberal sycophants continue to lap up everything this administration states as fact...."Period!"?
Obama-bot mantra towards the parade of Obama Lies: "Thank you, sir, may I have another?"

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by jimmyx

Think Progress as your source???

Surely you jest??

so...I should just quote the wall street journal, Hannity, Limbaugh, WND, FOX NEWS, all those bastions of fairness?...maybe there's more than one side to this?...you know...I'm out of this thread, it's obvious you and the others only want to hear one side.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

jimmyx
so...I should just quote the wall street journal, Hannity, Limbaugh, WND, FOX NEWS, all those bastions of fairness?...maybe there's more than one side to this?...you know...I'm out of this thread, it's obvious you and the others only want to hear one side.

Nope. Quote the very people in question, namely Obama and his hapless lackeys.

Is there a more accurate source than that?

If so, name it.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

They are hopelessly ideologically driven, they are parroting what they hear everyday day in and out. Notice how they are labeling those not on there side? obamabot, liberal, progressive, komrad. Whats really rich is how they claim its a failure when it doesn't even start till Jan 1st.

ATS is over run by the extreme right wing, that's why so many political threads are so one sided.

This thread is showing progress with Obamacare, and this alone will infuriate the right even more.
edit on 11-12-2013 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Oh, by all means stick around. I think it is fun having you around. Very......entertaining.

While you loath and bemoan the use of sources like Fox and such, and cry foul, and then turn around and use obvious Progressive based sources as your 'end all be all'.

Please, keep it coming. Don't go away. It wont be as fun, shooting holes in this crap, without you.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Obamacare is creating more inequality and segregation in the nation.

There is no middle class just people with money and those without.

If your at the poverty line you get free healthcare.....
if you have money you pay for insurance, then you have copay's and the likes.

200-500 a month and the variable spend down.....HMO blue

Medicare part A 400 a month no prescriptions no ambulance and shoddy dental and vision.

11490 a year is the poverty line for single person

Poverty line

If you pay 700 a month for rent that 8400 a year.......

Minimum health coverage at 200 a month is 2400 a year.
Not counting prescriptions, copay and other things not covered by the plan.
that leaves 100ish a month for food bills and toilet paper....

at minimum wage 40 hours is 1140 a month gross pay....dont forget they tax the hell out of singles.
Think its something like 43% but could be wrong.

Your already over the poverty line and have nothing to show for it.

OBAMACARE does nothing for the working class but put them in more debt.

edit on 12/11/2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
More Obamacare "Statistics" to toss on the fire?

You bet there is, a seeming endless supply.

"I'm scared. I'm in the middle of my cancer treatment, and if my insurance ends, I'm going to have to cancel the rest of my treatment,"

Health law clock is ticking for sickest patients

Yes, the clock is ticking, and its a weird clock, too.

Instead of 'tick tock' it sounds more like 'hope change hope change'... for whom does that bell toll?

No matter, folks. You can rest easy knowing that Christians are at least forced to allow their 1st Amendment rights be violated, for the greater good of course.

And really, isn't that alone worth it?

edit on CST01America/Chicago50Wed, 11 Dec 2013 13:50:56 -0600501013150 by TheWrightWing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

LDragonFire

They are hopelessly ideologically driven, they are parroting what they hear everyday day in and out.

Oh geez, Kettle, did you know that you are posting the parroted BS talking points of 0bama???? Or I guess that it is "Different".

LDragonFire
Notice how they are labeling those not on there side? obamabot, liberal, progressive, komrad.

And the use of "right wing" and "Right wing extremist" isn't pitched around either????
You are going from just the Kettle, to Pot and Kettle.

LDragonFire

Whats really rich is how they claim its a failure when it doesn't even start till Jan 1st.

So, what part starts again on Jan 1???
Wasn't there a part of the law requiring something to start Nov 1??????

Hmmmmm, seems very, I don't know....selective of you.

LDragonFire
ATS is over run by the extreme right wing, that's why so many political threads are so one sided.

Oh but wait, I thought that you just bitched and complained about the use of Progressive and Liberal and such.....
So, IT IS different for you. Got it.

LDragonFire
This thread is showing progress with Obamacare, and this alone will infuriate the right even more.

What progress????????????
Honestly. What progress is shown??? That people, some people, can now navigate a website that has no security on storage of the data and has no payment method???
Or progress is in having people register on the site, and not make a purchase??
Or progress in having even a smaller group of people register, make a choice, make no payment with little to no verification method with the insurance companies????

Please, lets be very specific in the glorious progress you speak of.

edit on 11-12-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
All i see this doing is creating more lazy slobs that wont work.
Why work when you can get it handed to you right?

I mean why work hard and fail to succeed when you can succeed at nothing?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

macman

So, what part starts again on Jan 1???
Wasn't there a part of the law requiring something to start Nov 1??????

They pushed that back because of the website issues.
edit on 12/11/2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Nothing like moving the Goal Posts to make it look like you are a success.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Lets be truthful here, there is a whole bunch of what ifs on the site you linked:

From the link you provided:

More than a dozen of the 35 states that run insurance pools for people with serious medical issues will permanently close their pools within a month and half. Other states will keep their pools running for a few more months.

The federal pool covers about 100,000 people and was created in 2010 by the Affordable Care Act as a temporary bridge until the law fully kicks in. It will cease to exist at the end of December.

People with very bad health problems have been thought out and provided with a transition pool.

Oh and this from same link:

Others — including Jill Morin of Raleigh, N.C., who has a severe heart condition and is covered by her state's pool — have not attempted to enroll.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

LDragonFire

People with very bad health problems have been thought out and provided with a transition pool.

Others — including Jill Morin of Raleigh, N.C., who has a severe heart condition and is covered by her state's pool — have not attempted to enroll.

Maybe she has the money during the transitional period to cover herself.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

shaneslaughta

LDragonFire

Maybe she has the money during the transitional period to cover herself.

She is in the pool, didn't you read the article?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

LDragonFire

People wait until the last minute, the sign up process is unfamiliar to most, and a pain, and entirely avoidable had Obamacare not forced their existing policies to be cancelled.

In other words, thanks to government meddling where it does not belong once again, working people are sacrificed for the greater good. But its kewl, as long as people keep voting for one particular party, who continues to promise more 'free' stuff that skyrockets costs for citizens.

Worth it!

Right?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Obamacare Statistic?

Another glorious sacrifice for the proletariat!

Before Obamacare kicks in my parents payed nothing for health insurance, the school district payed for it. Now, my parents have to pay an additional $3,000 a year for it.

Cystic Fibrosis Patient: I just lost my health insurance thanks to Obamacare

Remember kids: It's "Affordable" because that's what it says on the tin!

Repeat after me: Affordable Care Act.

Why, it's easy enough to chant mindlessly, so you know it's good!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join