It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally joined ATS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hello fellow truth-seekers! I have been reading this site for 4 years, but have been trying to keep a "low profile" on the net. Well, those days are over. Life is too short, and things are happening too fast to keep quiet. I am officially out of the closet as a Truth Seeker! I look forward to participating in your community

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
welcome to the club two ton glad you finally joined what is the point of hiding away

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Cool avatar! Hello and welcome!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
glad you finally joined

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Heh, leaving a small 'footprint' is a trend these days... being apologetic for being. Glad you are expressing yourself and adding to the conversations. Welcome to this virtual space.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What really got me out is reading "The Gulag Archipelago" by Solzhenitsyn. In Soviet Russia, it really didn't matter if you spoke out or not. They came for you anyway. Not just politicals, but engineers, priests, farmers - no one was safe from tyranny. Here's a classic quote from the book:

“… What about the main thing in life, all its riddles? If you want, I'll spell it out for you right now. Do not pursue what is illusionary -property and position: all that is gained at the expense of your nerves decade after decade, and is confiscated in one fell night. Live with a steady superiority over life -don't be afraid of misfortune, and do not yearn for happiness; it is, after all, all the same: the bitter doesn't last forever, and the sweet never fills the cup to overflowing. It is enough if you don't freeze in the cold and if thirst and hunger don't claw at your insides. If your back isn't broken, if your feet can walk, if both arms can bend, if both eyes can see, if both ears hear, then whom should you envy? And why? Our envy of others devours us most of all. Rub your eyes and purify your heart -and prize above all else in the world those who love you and who wish you well. Do not hurt them or scold them, and never part from any of them in anger; after all, you simply do not know: it may be your last act before your arrest, and that will be how you are imprinted on their memory.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago 1918-1956

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Welcome mate. I'm in the sane boat. Been lurking on here for years but finally took the plunge to join up.

Hope I can contribute.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
A fellow guitarist ?

Some things you might need to help you along

They can be found in your shiny new ATS Locker

Once you crack the devious ATS code you will be able to claim your free ATS goodies
Hint: Try 12345

Inside will be your tin foil hat, you have a choice of three depending upon your sex, taste, or sexual orientation
Please return the ones you don't wish to use to the front desk.

Your emergency self defence technique

Some random dancing monkeys

And your welcome flowers

Oh and of course the stiff drink you need before facing the onslaught

Do try to not end up like this

Now you are ready to enter
Please step this way

Cody

edit on 11/12/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TwoTonTommy

Welcome to ATS TwoTonTommy.
I hope you enjoy it here. Most of the people here are wonderful. Even the so called shills have there moments of goodness. Whatever you are into or however you approach things. Be sure to remember that we all get out of this great community what we put into it. Never be afraid to step away from the computer if need be and take a breath as well. Most of us are here for fun and some of us are armchair commandos even when we don't think we are. It's mostly for entertainment though and sharing information, ideas and being brave most of all. Lurking and integrating are definitely different so don't be shy. Hopefully a veteran and experienced member here wil adopt you and help you along when and if you need it.

Peace

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Flint2011

Wise words indeed, well said Flint
*checks the crèche* Yep room here
I'll happily adopt if so requested

Cody

edit on 11/12/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

TwoTonTommy
Hello fellow truth-seekers! I have been reading this site for 4 years, but have been trying to keep a "low profile" on the net. Well, those days are over. Life is too short, and things are happening too fast to keep quiet. I am officially out of the closet as a Truth Seeker! I look forward to participating in your community

As time goes by, this site becomes more and more unique. Here, one can speak on most any subject and so long as applying respect to one's fellow members... there's no real limitations.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Welcome.

Seems alot of lurkers signing up lately,its good. The more the merrier.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Loving the locker gear. Why didn't I get that when I joined?.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

They came for you anyway.

Same sentiment here. Welcome to not giving a crap about what 'they' might consider a threat. Glad to be in your company.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Haha, I'm sure I'll be needing all that stuff. Thanks alot!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS Tom!

Congratulations on coming out, it's a big step!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Thanks for all the support. I have to say, the site is way better once you're logged in. I love the avatars, and a bunch of the features are now available.

I am the type of person that has an open mind about everything. I am open to all opinions, and I want to know all the angles, because as a human I am full of flaws and incapable of knowing for certain what is going on outside of the realm of my own senses and experience. I hope that as we work together for the common good and shed the light on the shadows, that we can improve the trajectory of our future, for ours and our children's sake.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

restless genius
reply to post by cody599

Loving the locker gear. Why didn't I get that when I joined?.

I didn't know how to weld back then

Cody

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Welcome! You'll find more truth here than in this dang newspaper any day.

Enjoy your stay.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Welcome man I took forever to join too but glad I'm here!

Great place to be, sure is a breath of fresh air in this insane world and being bombarded by fake news all the time.

See you around!

top topics

join