It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Signature on Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Here is the original image, SP1-25803:

and a link to the full rez image

I'm afraid I'm just not seeing the same thing as in the OP image.

What I am seeing (in the OP's image) is something that has been highly manipulated in a photoshop program....

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

c.) Mars was their home planet before it was destroyed and then they invaded earth and conquered the indigenous inhabitants and enslaved them, all the while keeping their off-world society secret so the slaves would not revolt.

d.) lol

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hello eriktheawful, here is a crop of MOC image SP1-25803, just above the Main Pyramid (rotated).

Notice the location of the half image of the square and compasses (The "Mark") just over the head of the dolphin.

Zip Monster
edit on 11-12-2013 by Zip Monster because: spelling

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Its clearly an act of Vandalism. You have those beautiful super-ancient pyramids built by mysterious unknowns and then you have some conspiracy-theorist flying out there and smearing symbols on it.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Zip Monster
Hello eriktheawful, here is a crop of MOC image SP1-25803, just above the Main Pyramid (rotated).

Notice the location of the half image of the square and compasses (The "Mark") just over the head of the dolphin.

Zip Monster
edit on 11-12-2013 by Zip Monster because: spelling

Image from your link:

Dolphin? I see a dog myself.

This is a good case of how terrain of an image causes Pareidolia.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
A direct terrestrial connection to free masons. Wow I just knew it. I knew those buggers were from earth.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

eriktheawful

Dolphin? I see a dog myself.

This is a good case of how terrain of an image causes Pareidolia.

I think you are being a bit ... much, with saying you can't see the dolphin and say it looks like a dog. Making a point is one thing, being a smartass and less than honest is another.

Pareidolia it may be, but it does look like a dolphin to some extent, and unless you can highlight/draw out a dog within the confines of that picture without distorting it and it can then be seen without an outline, I'll continue to believe you were being less than respectful with that comment, and not genuine.

Even if I want to delve into the idea of past life on Mars, which this thread hints at but isn't the direct discussion; I'm not sure if rough terraforming of this nature would have been done; and not even a high quality representation ... though a lot of explanations for the sloppiness could be made; mistakes, erosion, modeled after a species similar for their time. I think that is being more than generous though but willing to flirt with the ideas because I'm very open minded to most possibilities.

What would be the purpose of this porpoise? (lol! I amuse myself) What is the elevation? Would it be a man made pool for vacationers to see when traveling there from above? Just pure art?

Why would they put half a square and compass and not a full one?

See, most of the pictures threads are interesting to me, regardless if I dismiss them as natural happenstance or not. What I'd like to see is more hypothesis as to why and what for, especially when bringing up loaded subjects like masons. I don't get disappointed at the pictures as much as the lack of 'meat' to the thread sometimes. Aggressive 'debunkers' get tiring, and no suppositions get boring. But I personally I highly encourage the searching and sharing, even if it turns out to be nothing; because it only needs to be something once, to be something that will leave most people speechless. In that respect, I wish people were a little less negative in the threads, disagree without being an anonymous internet thug like some threads see heavy participation from across the internets.

I see the compass and square plus the 'swirl' of turning the compass in the mirrored image; I'm just disappointed it was a mirrored image. Even if it wasn't mirrored, it'd still be quite a stretch, but one that is intriguing.

Keep them coming though

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hi eriktheawful. If you were not aware, the origins of the word Pareidolia has nothing to do with how we interpret anthropomorphic or facial formations observed in nature or on the planet Mars. Pareidolia isn’t a common facial recognition phenomenon as promoted by so many "well informed" critics and skeptics that visit discussion boards in an attempt to dismiss the examination of pictographic and geoglyphic formations on Mars. In reality pareidolia it’s a rare metal disorder suffered by "crazy" people with delusional hallucinations that see faces everywhere. It has nothing to do with seeing recognizable facial features in rocks or tree trucks. The over used word “pareidolia” is associated with Hallucinations not projections. The word first appeared in an 1868 paper published in The Journal of Mental Science.

The recognition of facial and anthropomorphic features on the surface of Mars can be tested and confirmed by photographic evidence that can be taken over multiple time periods, not delusional hallucinations that just "appear" as defined by the original paper where the word pareidolia was first coined. Therefore when skeptics label every observation of face-like or anthropomorphic features on Mars as pareidolia, they are totally distorting the word with their own mental disorders.

For more information see: The Journal of Mental Science, Volume 13, Association of Medical Officers of Asylums and Hospitals for the Insane (London, England), Medico-psychological Association of Great Britain and Ireland, Royal Medico-psychological Association (Longman, Green, Longman & Roberts, Harvard University, 1868), p.238.

Zip Monster
edit on 11-12-2013 by Zip Monster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Hi Krakatoa. Very well said. Thanks. I share that sentiment with you.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Zip Monster

So when we look at clouds and see "puppy-dogs"....we have mental disorders?

Your assumption-ascertation attempt to explain them, and the impression that gives people as seeing "hallucinations"... is absurd.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

If that wasn't a altered image to create the mirror effect I would of been impressed you found something. But a mirror altered image? that's tampering with raw data to produce the result you want to see.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Zip Monster
Hi eriktheawful. If you were not aware, the origins of the word Pareidolia has nothing to do with how we interpret anthropomorphic or facial formations observed in nature or on the planet Mars. Pareidolia isn’t a common facial recognition phenomenon as promoted by so many "well informed" critics and skeptics that visit discussion boards in an attempt to dismiss the examination of pictographic and geoglyphic formations on Mars. In reality pareidolia it’s a rare metal disorder suffered by "crazy" people with delusional hallucinations that see faces everywhere. It has nothing to do with seeing recognizable facial features in rocks or tree trucks. The over used word “pareidolia” is associated with Hallucinations not projections. The word first appeared in an 1868 paper published in The Journal of Mental Science.

The recognition of facial and anthropomorphic features on the surface of Mars can be tested and confirmed by photographic evidence that can be taken over multiple time periods, not delusional hallucinations that just "appear" as defined by the original paper where the word pareidolia was first coined. Therefore when skeptics label every observation of face-like or anthropomorphic features on Mars as pareidolia, they are totally distorting the word with their own mental disorders.

For more information see: The Journal of Mental Science, Volume 13, Association of Medical Officers of Asylums and Hospitals for the Insane (London, England), Medico-psychological Association of Great Britain and Ireland, Royal Medico-psychological Association (Longman, Green, Longman & Roberts, Harvard University, 1868), p.238.

Zip Monster
edit on 11-12-2013 by Zip Monster because: (no reason given)

Consdering it is 2013, and words change their meaning over time, the origin of a word is irrelevant in this context. Now, lets take a look at some modern definitions of that word, from 3 independent sources, shall we?

World English Dictionary
pareidolia (ˌpæraɪˈdəʊlɪə) — n the imagined perception of a pattern or meaning where it does not actually exist, as in considering the moon to have human features

Source

Pareidolia (/pærɨˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant, a form of apophenia. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records when played in reverse.

Source

pareidolia (ˌpæraɪˈdəʊlɪə Pronunciation for pareidolia ) Definitions noun the imagined perception of a pattern or meaning where it does not actually exist, as in considering the moon to have human features

Source

Sure sounds like the definitions match how it is being used here to me. Wishing something to be, does not make it so. Manipulating facts to make your wish come true is at best deception, at worst fraud. It really is no simpler than that, all justifications aside.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

He did point out the truth, that Pareidolia is being wielded like a sword for everyone and anyone, for any image, and whenever any face appears so debunkers can rubbish anything and everything. And it is obvious that not all images in existance are going to reveal hidden anomalies that aren't Pareidolia, but perhaps some do, so his response seems 100% relevant here in this thread..

Perhaps the truth is somewhere in the middle..

NASA and other abc agencies all have their taproots sprung from Freemasonry, unfortunately.

If that symbol is really there on Mars I would be very p'd off..

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

So when he said,

In reality pareidolia it’s a rare metal disorder suffered by "crazy" people with delusional hallucinations that see faces everywhere. It has nothing to do with seeing recognizable facial features in rocks or tree trucks.

...how is that not misinformation? He may be using an origin definition of a word, which may be correct. But that definition is over 100 years old....and the definition of word changes over time. If it was 1898, and we were having this discussion, then I would agree with him. However, I still stand behind my previous posts that provide the modern definition (in which context this discussion is occurring).

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I understand what you mean, but the people who can't accept that there may be anomalous things in our solar system have been using Pareidolia as a tool to debunk everything, so they aren't concerned if the word's meaning has changed.. And the debunkers have certaintly abused the meaning of Pareidolia to suit their mindsets, I'm now wondering if their abuse of the actual meaning of Pareidolia has had an effect on the modern evolution of that word?

edit on 11-12-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hi Krakatoa. Yes we are in Modern times and yes words do change over time, however the word "pareidolia" was recently resurrected by a writer at the Skeptical Inquirer - specifically to debunk any interest in the Face on Mars and any other face-like formation that anyone saw on Mars. What most fail to realize is - the writer used the word within its original mentally insulting definition. The larger problem is many skeptics try to sound "educated" and use the word incorrectly.

BTW, the World English Dictionary was the only definition that was even close to the original word use.

Zip Monster

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

alienreality

I understand what you mean, but the people who can't accept that there may be anomalous things in our solar system have been using Pareidolia as a tool to debunk everything, so they aren't concerned if the word's meaning has changed.. And the debunkers have certaintly abused the meaning of Pareidolia to suit their mindsets, I'm now wondering if their abuse of the actual meaning of Pareidolia has had an effect on the modern evolution of that word?

What if the originator of the word was actually dilberately confusing the issue. A bit like G.W. Bush in his remarks about conspiracy theorists,

And later he gets catched in the Boston affair,

You see how it works?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Hi zip monster.

Modern definition of the word "pareidolia"

— n
the imagined perception of a pattern or meaning where it does not actually exist, as in considering the moon to have human features

dictionary.com

Or

noun

the imagined perception of a pattern or meaning where it does not actually exist, as in considering the moon to have human features

Collions English Dictionary

or

The tendency to interpret a vague stimulus as something known to the observer, such as interpreting marks on Mars as canals, seeing shapes in clouds, or hearing hidden messages in music.

Wiktionary

The picture you presented me, and claimed looked like a dolphin, but looked like a dog to me, doesn't change the fact that it is nothing more than erosion, geology and meteor impacts at work.

Tomorrow we'll both see a cloud. It will look like a ship to me.....and will look like something else to you.

But it does not mater what it looks like to each of us, or anyone else.

The cloud will still be nothing more than a cloud.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Skyfloating
Freemasons are not allowed to engrave their secrets anywhere. So if this were real, it would be the martian vandals who did this.
edit on 11-12-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

By not being allowed to engrave their secrets anywhere, does that include writing? The engraving of secrets using symbols which, when seen by the brain, create specific communicated concepts in the brain of another being? Or does engraving mean something else? Thanks.

And it turns out that the image this thead is about, a very good one if it were real, was manipulated. I'm glad the photo on the thread that I'm working (I wrote a post yesterday that talks about how the first image was found) was taken and published in 1965.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The "pareidolia" discussion, while interesting and derivative of the OP in some respects, is not the main focus of the OP. The OP and its title state that there is alleged to be a "Masonic signature" on Mars.

The OP begins:

In 1998 a square and compasses geoglyph was found over the head of the Main Pyramid Dolphin in MOC image SP1-25803 by a member of The Cydonia Institute.

Stating that it is a "square and compass geoglyph" is completely misleading. For one thing, it is a Photoshop-manipulated, mirrored image and purports to show something that does not even exist in reality. The alleged "geoglyph" was not found. For another, calling it a "geoglyph" defines the image as something that was designed and then constructed or made -- meaning it is not a natural formation.

No evidence has been presented by the Op to show that it is, indeed, a geoglyph. It is only an assumption, and one based upon an image that was manipulated. That's a hoax, in my book.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 12/12/13 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join