It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scramjet test. Just wondering.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Who honestly, really honestly, believes this is not just a cover? Just a show to the public?

John

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It's only been about fifty years since we first broke the sound barrier. And about fifty years before that the wright bros. first flew. I figure it's about time we made an aviation advance like this. Of course it seems odd that they wouldn't recover the test drones.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm not sure how much the actual test drones cost but my initial assumption is that recovery may very well cost more than the drone is worth.

Now back to the "cover" and "show" for the public. What are you thinking this is a cover for? I don't really see any cover going on....I'm a little surprised honestly Nasa did this since it would appear the current goal is use for commercial flights.

Cameron

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I was reading the original news article and it said the scramjet might have an application boosting spaceships into space. Most likely it will send the spaceship into high altitude until theres virtually no air, then the rockets will do the rest. It would save a lot of fuel and it would increase capacity on our shuttles. Without the extra fuel tank our shuttles could probably carry some extra cargo.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Physh1
I'm not sure how much the actual test drones cost but my initial assumption is that recovery may very well cost more than the drone is worth.

Now back to the "cover" and "show" for the public. What are you thinking this is a cover for? I don't really see any cover going on....I'm a little surprised honestly Nasa did this since it would appear the current goal is use for commercial flights.

Cameron

The *current goal* occured when my dad told President Reagan not to mention the Orient Express in a State of the Union Address.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
[edit on 18-11-2004 by mxboy15u]

top topics

join