It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD investigation into Kenya's Westgate Mall terror attacks reveals the truth behind the massacr

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Kenyan authorities have repeatedly claimed that up to 15 heavily armed attackers from the al-Qaeda affiliated al-Shabaab terror group were involved in the operation which overwhelmed the African nation's police and defence forces for three days. Some were supposed to be foreign nationals.

New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly told media yesterday his investigators did not know "with certainty" how many people were involved, "but we believe there were only four shooters."

Their reconstruction of the attack suggests the four men acted in teams of two, coordinating their movements via mobile phone.They were supposed to have been wielding heavy machineguns and explosives.

NYPD investigation into Kenya's Westgate Mall terror attacks reveals the truth behind the massacre of more than 60 civilians

Just found this scouring news here.I can't seem to get "keystone cops" out of my head.Seems the local cops & army were shooting at each other & .....nothing for 2 extra days as the FOUR not 15 gunmen had already done a bunk!!! Does Murdoch's tentacles reach that far out to control Kenya's media.??
1st post in new ATS so mercy if stuffed up pls.!!

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by fotsyfots

Why is the NYPD investigating this thing at all?!

Were they invited to? Why?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

I could reply " well thats the good ol' US of A for ya ,always poking around others business" but i will refrain & simply say I'm curious as to why that is myself.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I saw an Article on this as well on nbcnews, and one of the lines from a Police officer was very striking to me,

"As a cop, I'm very skeptical of claims until I see proof... there is a lot of doubt in my mind that it is true."

That is exactly what the public wants from you Mr. cop, more transparency!!! We don't believe the lies you tell us either, give us proof of things!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The report states that there was only 4 terrorists and not 15 as repeatedly stated.
It also says that despite one of the gunmen being shot in the leg they still managed to escape from the mall 12 hours after the attack started.
It then goes on to report that for the other 2 days the Kenyan police looted the mall.

Lots of questions being raised.

As with others it seems my first reaction was why were NYPD investigating this attack;

The report is the outcome of an investigation by the NYPD, who sent several detectives to Nairobi in the aftermath of the attack with the New York Joint Terrorism Task Force

www.foxnews.com...

Don't seem to be able to find an online copy of the report.

Really not sure at all what to make of all this.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

fotsyfots

I could reply " well thats the good ol' US of A for ya ,always poking around others business" but i will refrain & simply say I'm curious as to why that is myself.

Well I'm pretty sure that you stated it already...

I could understand the CIA, just for the fact Americans could have been there... But the NYPD?!

You would think they would have bigger fish to fry in their own backyard... New York has got very strange over the past couple decades...

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
the NYPD, huh?

I don't doubt their account of the story. But this is a city police force. Talk about stepping WAY over your bounds.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Now we just trust the NYPD's statement as truth as well as not questioning why they have their noses in this at all?

Something not right here.

Peace

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yeah something isn't right about this at all. NYPD has enough officers where they can investigate a foreign terrorist attack...?

You would think they would try to focus on their own local crime instead of something that happened a month or so ago, that has nothing to do with us...

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The article says the NYPD undertook the study as an exercise "to familiarise themselves with what they might expect" in their own patch.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
A few things caught my eye in these stories linked here in the thread, this next little tidbit being on of them.

In the OP, they state that the gunmen left by 12:15 AM, about 12 hours after the attack. But in the timeline provided, they say that more civilians were executed after Monday midday, when the Kenyans started firing RPG,s into the mall. The RPG's are mentioned at #12 on the timeline, happening Monday afternoon, the further executions happen at number 13 on the timeline.

Is this a misprint of the timeline or is it not in chronological order? It reads as chronological to me. Is this making the claim that the Kenyans killed those people?

I sure would like to get a copy of that report to read.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
makes you wonder about the survivors eyewitness accounts of (a) just how many gunmen there were & (b)how the hell did they just happen to be pretty sure that pommy chick was involved ? was there a Caucasian female shopper going about her spends with an AK slung over her shoulder & got caught in the crossfire between army Larry & copper curly? I feel for all the victims really but man there must've been some poor petrified survivors in a damn good hidey spot too shipscared to get out maybe for days before only to succumb to friendly fire-rockets at that-bringing 2 floors down on them.I think them poor sods mangled in the wreckage got chalked up as tortured-nothing to see here,move along.

edit on 11-12-2013 by fotsyfots because: fingers too large.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I'm wondering if this might indicate some kind of merging of NYPD with UN? I could understand investigating in the interest of learning how to handle (or how not to handle) a similar incident here in the US maybe but otherwise, very odd.

ETA this "white widow" chick is kinda cute. She can terrorize me anytime

edit on 11-12-2013 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I somewhat kept abreast with developments on this attack at the time it happened, and so I have to say that the main points of this news article have already been known for months.

eg. The smaller number of attackers.
Here is a news article from early october:

Kenyan officials now believe only four to six militants were involved in the Nairobi siege

and a news article about the looting, also from October:

closed-circuit television video from inside the Westgate mall during the attack appeared on national and international news media showing Kenyan security agents carrying full plastic shopping bags out of the Nakumatt supermarket in the mall,

and another

More and more Kenyans believe that those soldiers methodically cleaned out the mall, and that the barrages of gunfire ringing out for days were being directed not at the last of the militants but at safes and padlocks to blast them open.

I rather get the impression that the NYPD could have just stayed home and surfed the net to make their report. Its just stuff that was already widely known, months ago.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Riffrafter

Why is the NYPD investigating this thing at all?!

Were they invited to? Why?

My guess is that they want to use it for tactical planning for future possible incident response here in NY malls or other similar situations.

I'm just glad to hear they are using an event from the past rather than setting up one of those "drills"

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Okay, I have a major problem with this whole thing, and it's a problem whether this report is true or not. Either direction, there is a big issue here.

Was there or was there NOT widespread and very ...base.. torture of civilians within the mall?? Did that happen, or not? THAT would seem to be a major key point for me. I can understand, but barely, how SO MANY civilians could be controlled while hearing what had to be audible from a good distance away and terrible to listen to in any form.

I CANNOT even begin to grasp how only 4 could maintain control..when ..what.. we're to believe only 3 lone guards had all those hostages, watching others die as their own fate too...while just one handled the next one up for what they were allegedly doing to people?

Hey, my math sucks, but I don't have to know algebra to say the math here just isn't working. No compute.

* If the report isn't true and the old number stands without proof otherwise? Then it's about, as others say. What is an American CITY police department doing sending CITY cops out to investigate international locations on terrorism? New York seems to think of itself as more than a mere city?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
What is an American CITY police department doing sending CITY cops out to investigate international locations on terrorism? New York seems to think of itself as more than a mere city?

It was an exercise, according to the original article, "to familiarise themselves with what they might expect".
Now that comment ought to be conspiracy-worthy, I would have thought.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

That's one hell of a expensive exercise... and how does that simulate what they might expect? It's not like during their investigation they were in any real danger...? Doesn't make sense to me...

-SAP-

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join