It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Interpreter for The President

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by Tusks

I just saw this and thought of ATS and how someone will use it to spin it against Obama.

This guy was used for a lot of people at the memorial, not just Obama.

How about we focus on how the hell this even happened, rather than use it as an anti-Obama fest?

The interpreter actually did interpret Obama's part correctly...

Lots of lip moving and hand signs with no real substance behind them while hoping no one realizes hes a fraud...

Back on track / topic -
One would think the guy would be vetted, especially when it comes to the international significance of the event.

I am not familiar with sign language so I have a question -
Are there multiple types of sign language? If so could it be possible this interpreter was using a version that is not internationally accepted?
edit on 13-12-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Here.... Let me help.. I speak Idiocy. It was required to be a trucker and communicate with those exotic creatures they call dispatchers.

I can't make out most of it...but what is clear is...

Help! ...speak to you direct.....(waving)...pay sucks...(jittering?)...job sucks...uh oh was oven left on ....does this ever end....

Can't quite make the rest out...

Idiocy is a very tricky one to interpret. Yes indeed... It often looks or sounds like complete gibberish as idiots are really talented at speaking for long periods to say nothing. Oh..yeah, the translator wasn't good either.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Xcathdra

AlphaHawk
reply to post by Tusks

I just saw this and thought of ATS and how someone will use it to spin it against Obama.

How about we focus on how the hell this even happened, rather than use it as an anti-Obama fest?

The interpreter actually did interpret Obama's part correctly...

Lots of lip moving and hand signs with no real substance behind them while hoping no one realizes hes a fraud...

Back on track / topic -
Once would think the guy would be vetted, especially when it comes to the international significance of the event.

I am not familiar with sign language so I have a question -
Are there multiple types of sign language? If so could it be possible this interpreter was using a version that is not internationally accepted?

the guy has admitted to seeing angels and hallucinating on stage.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

javelinfangz
has anyone considered the possibility that he used a very special kind of sign language? I'm talking an Illuminati/Mason/NWO or whatever you wanna call it kind of language. You have a bunch of world leaders there, you have the eyes of the world on you but the public doesn't really pay any attention to you (well, now they do).

I thought the same and found this picture. It's creepy.

also wooo first post! Hi ATS!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I have an update on this...and this isn't funny anymore. This was an honest to God threat standing next to not only our President but the leaders of other nations. 3 feet from them. This came over the AP wire a short time ago.

JOHANNESBURG (AP) — A South African Cabinet minister is apologizing for the sign language interpreter at Nelson Mandela's memorial who outraged deaf people worldwide by making signs they said amounted to gibberish.

In the highest-ranking apology yet from the government, Arts and Culture Minister Paul Mashatile said Friday reforms must be implemented to ensure such an incident won't happen again.

That part really ought to put this Obama blame nonsense to rest. This wasn't Obama's doing and the Secret Service are probably throwing world class fits right about now over the second part of this.

Interpreter Thamsanqa Jantjie says he has been violent in the past and hallucinated during the memorial service as he was gesturing incoherently just 3 feet away from U.S. President Barack Obama and other leaders.
Source

I believe when people ask why the U.S. President often has not only American but foreign locations secured by American Secret Service rather than just relying on local support? This...is..precisely...why. The US also isn't the only nation that does that. We're just the one with a high profile because of Air Whale 1 that can't be missed anywhere on the planet for who and what it is. Others do it to...but everyone screwed this pooch.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

ignorant_ape
reply to post by Riffrafter

then you would like a story from the UK :

source

summary - the sign language interpretor on several BBC news services - made up news or " embellished " it - one of the broadcasts she made claimed " radioactive zombies were running around japan ` [ this was just aftewr the fukishima prefecture earthquake ]

This had me laughing so much,I nearly suffocated.

Radioactive zombies.....monkey rape...

I'm actually sweating!

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That part really ought to put this Obama blame nonsense to rest. This wasn't Obama's doing and the Secret Service are probably throwing world class fits right about now over the second part of this.

I don't disagree with that, but it won't be official, until Mr. Obama, publicly, blames Mr. Bush.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Tusks
If it were truly important to any of these politicians that deaf people understood them, then they would have made damn sure this could never happen. But what is important to all of them is appearance.

Very true.

OTOH, I'm a bit concerned about lack of vetting for those who get close to the president. I may dislike the man's politics, but I don't want him injured.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Maybe he was a failed assassin send in by the right wing?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

i love how the US will shut down an embassy at the Vatican citing security concerns, yet they will put the POTUS in South Africa beside a man who was wanted on a murder charge. Oh, what won't they do for a good PR stunt!!!

www.ctvnews.ca...

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Exactly. This was a BIG deal for the Secret Service....I imagine there's more than a few resignations/firings going on right now.

The fact that a schizophrenic, accused-murderer could be that close to many leaders of the world is very, very alarming. Can you imagine if he pulled out a knife and stabbed him on live TV? It would the most visible assassination in world history.

Another thing: As violent as SA is, Obama was probably safer there than in the USA.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
From the interview with Mr Jantjie in the dailymail we can safely conclude he is either completely nuts, or he is having to make up his story to cover up what he was really hired to do.
He apologises for having caused offence and yet in a radio interview he claims to have been very happy with his performance and He told Talk Radio 702: 'Absolutely, absolutely. I think that I've been a champion of sign language.'

Mr Jantjie said he was due on the day of the ceremony to get a regular six-month mental health checkup to determine whether the medication he takes was working, whether it needed to be changed or whether he needed to be kept at a mental health facility for treatment.

He said he did not tell the company that contracted him for the event for about $85 (that's 57 UK pounds)that he was due for the checkup, but said the owner of SA Interpreters in Johannesburg was aware of his condition.

There is a pic of him in his house in a poor area of town. The interior of his living room suggests he is more well off financially than his wages would suggest.. IMO

Hendrietta Bogopane-Zulu said that government officials have tried to track down the company that provided Mr Jantjie but that the owners 'have vanished into thin air.'

Also the ANC say they haven't a clue who he is but there are film (also in DM article) where he is doing his his special hand jive thingy at ANC meetings, standing next to President Zuma...

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Because it's a chance to whine about Obama. That is all the reason right wingers need.

And ?

After listening to the last decade of left wingers whine about the last guy.

Come on now!

Its all about the 'fair share'!.

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Does anyone else realize this was intentional

And the hidden, SILENT message about it?

A silent yet arrogant, Obama Deception *shhh*

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Criminal gangs are known to us their own type of sign language

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by Tusks

No, we can't! All political parties suck. But Obama is the worst thing to ever happen to this country!

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Am I the only one who smells a rat here?

Look – I loathe pretty much everything “Obama” stands for policy-wise (of course, because he may or may not be part black, that makes me racist), but he is president and I certainly do not wish the man any harm.

However, there is simply NO WAY that this was an accident. Somebody somewhere wanted this loony tune on that stage for some reason.

Why do I have this queasy feeling in my stomach that something really bad was meant to happen here and the intended mark just got incredibly lucky…?

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Here.... Let me help.. I speak Idiocy. It was required to be a trucker and communicate with those exotic creatures they call dispatchers.

I can't make out most of it...but what is clear is...

Help! ...speak to you direct.....(waving)...pay sucks...(jittering?)...job sucks...uh oh was oven left on ....does this ever end....

Can't quite make the rest out...

Idiocy is a very tricky one to interpret. Yes indeed... It often looks or sounds like complete gibberish as idiots are really talented at speaking for long periods to say nothing. Oh..yeah, the translator wasn't good either.

don't forget he said "circle". that was important.
pretty bizarre, stuff, all around!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tsingtao

Bizarre is right. I almost regret my real light hearted comment now that we learn the depth of the security breach, too. This guy was literally a threat and dangerously unstable.

Conspiracy theory galore would be interesting if he were attached or assigned to a leader for that. He was just window dressing people probably gave little thought to though, which is how I think this near tragedy came to happen.

He was seeing things? In full hallucinations? Well, thank God one of the Angels he was seeing, by his words, didn't offer the idea of how he should feel compelled to kill one of the speakers. How many leaders was he present and 3-4 feet from, aside from our President? It's...just....surreal.

I can only imagine the unexpected nature of the event and the fact South Africa doesn't seem to host MAJOR world leader gatherings very often where the big men are personally there...so everything was ironed out smooth and secure. What a way to learn about failings tho.. WOW!

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Very weird story. Conspiracy galore is right.
Anyone that knows how to read sign language make anything else out of it?
Was he having a vision from god?
demon possession?
Was he a test of the mind control system?
Or just some case of prescription drugs that are given by doctors being paid to by corporations hired by the powers that run this world......
Kaboom!!!! Head explodes and splatters brains all over new S4 phone (without a screen protector on it)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join