Fake Interpreter for The President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Talk about appropriate happenstance. They just happen to hire a fake interpreter for Obama. Perfect picture.

A MAN who provided sign language interpretation for Barack Obama and other dignitaries at Nelson Mandela's memorial service was "a fake", according to multiple sign language experts.

Bruno Druchen, the national director of the Deaf Federation of South Africa, said the man, seen next to the US president and other world leaders, "was moving his hands around but there was no meaning in what he used his hands for."

www.news.com.au... tory-fnh81gzi-1226781075030
edit on 11-12-2013 by intrepid because: Political snipe removed from title.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

Obama is just going to talk about himself the whole time. Nobody needs to hear that anyway.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

I just saw this and thought of ATS and how someone will use it to spin it against Obama.

This guy was used for a lot of people at the memorial, not just Obama.

How about we focus on how the hell this even happened, rather than use it as an anti-Obama fest?

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Didnt they think anyone would notice??

The weirdest things happen lately. Does no one in govt have ANY integrity anymore? Thats just darned weird.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Here is a link to the original post story

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
If it were truly important to any of these politicians that deaf people understood them, then they would have made damn sure this could never happen. But what is important to all of them is appearance.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by Tusks

I just saw this and thought of ATS and how someone will use it to spin it against Obama.

How about we focus on how the hell this even happened, rather than use it as an anti-Obama fest?

Because it's a chance to whine about Obama. That is all the reason right wingers need.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Aww,c'mom, give the guy a break....It must be hard trying to interpret from someone who is chatting sheet.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Stop whining about people including Obama in their complaints.. it gets SO annoying.. both sides of this are getting on my last nerve around here.

If you didnt notice, this wasnt Obamas personal buddy translator. It was provided to him and translated others as well. This is yet another governmental issue where no one can be honest or has any integrity.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Because, he is the president of the US. and should have interest, care, understanding, in his portrayal, with whatever he is doing. His handlers, should have questioned and caught this. Even the MTV awards do rehearsals. Probably to overwhelmed from shaking, R. Castros hand.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
My guess is that it will come out that at the last minute they realized there was no interpreter lined up for the memorial so they had an official pretend to sign so they would not look like complete idiots in the moment and would deal with the aftermath and fallout from the botched interpreter later.

Probably did not realize what a stink it would create, but then again this is not exactly a story that is going to be headline news for any extended amount of time so doubt they care much either.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It is strange isn't it.

Mind you the whole ceremony was quite bizarre, the media edited it quite heavily I think, particularly towards the end where it all started to fall apart, the crowd were booing, and the vast majority had left.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

This is so ridiculously bizarre it definitely goes to the top of the "You can't make this sh#t up" list.

I'm still LMAO...

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
loved this picture of her face like thunder

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
According to some news reports the South African assembly provided the interpreter, not Obama.
The interpreter was used for everyone, not just Obama.

But, in typical illiterate American standard.. Its Obama's Fault and he's to blame!

On topic, it’s shameful. His sign language doesn't represent any form of South African or international language and his credentials are being investigated.

Apparently South African has used him in the past.
edit on 11-12-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)
edit on 11-12-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

then you would like a story from the UK :

source

summary - the sign language interpretor on several BBC news services - made up news or " embellished " it - one of the broadcasts she made claimed " radioactive zombies were running around japan ` [ this was just aftewr the fukishima prefecture earthquake ]

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
What an embarrassment. At one point on TV they had the video feed of the stage with the News station's own sign interpreter and I noticed that the lady and the guy on the stage were doing two completely different things. At that stage I didn't make much of it, seeing that I don't know anything about sign language...

...Government spokesperson Phumla Williams said she was unable to respond to the allegations immediately, as she did not know which department hired the man. She said she did not know about his qualifications or expertise.

"I can try and find out," she said.

Another person answered Williams's phone later and referred all queries to the media desk.

Another government spokesperson Manusha Pillai said it was the first time they had heard of it.

"We need time to get to the bottom of this."...

Source

Which makes it worse is that this guy - no-one knows his name or who hired him - stood next to some of the "most important people on the planet"... Security issue much?

Obviously this has nothing to do with Obama - the title of this thread is inaccurate. It is however an embarrassment for me and the rest of South Africa. Sigh.
edit on 11-12-2013 by Gemwolf because: WW

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

scotsdavy1
loved this picture of her face like thunder

Im not great fan of Michelle, but Id have been annoyed, too LOL! If my husband displayed a lack of decorum such as that.. ugh. In govt.. globally.. birds of a feather I guess.
For me, it was a mans funeral... not a social gathering or party. Regardless of what I think about Mandela personally, they claimed to revere him. I dont see much reverence out of a few of them and its not exclusive to our president.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Barack Obama,
David Cameron
Helle Thorning-Schmidt - the Danish Prime Minister -
maybe he was doing "sign" for,,this selfie,,at the funeral,,

nevermind,,,

don't need sign ,,

is he in trouble???

interesting too see if everone can agree,,, now that would be a "sign"

oh yea,, if not for the deaf,,then WHO?

wow that was fast

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by Tusks

I like being anti Obama... Its fun

Wow, just when you think there is nothing else this presidency could screw up you... you would think the secret service would have caught this??? What an embarrassment on their part, failing to do a background check on someone who would be standing near the president? What if that would have been a assassination attempt?

Hum... Wait a minute; that would have made 49%+ of the american people Happy, Happy. just saying...

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join