It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how do you cope with the stresses of life????

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Meditation works very well for me, taking some times out to look at your problems from an outside point of view makes them seem so trivial.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
by not getting stressed in the first place i have the care factor of 0 for nearly everything i just plant a big smile on my coupon and let nothing get to me ps have a s& f sparty its xmas
edit on 11/12/13 by geobro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I take life in increments as small as necessary. If I'm really stressed I only worry about the next fifteen minutes. On better days I can take things a couple hours at a time. It's a means of limiting distressing input and it works.

Alcohol in moderation does help.

Anyway, I also use books and movies to escape. I'm bipolar and my mind races with all kinds of crap, so I need to occupy it to keep from going even crazier.

Good luck with your stress, especially during the hols.
edit on 12/11/2013 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

I second that lol

As for daily stress.. I probably smoke a bit more than I should[snip]and drink helps..at least until the next morning..i ask myself this question every day though..its hard and considering the circumstances of the world around us all its got to take a lot of inner searching for a source of peace...I wish you luck..

edit on 11-12-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I like to get a few of my "smiley" friends together and have a fandango.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

spartacus699
How do you cope with the stresses of life???? What do you do to cope with them? I find getting wasted helps.

Also I like quotes. Like I heard a quote just the other day. It goes:

"if you got a problem that can be solved by man, then you don't got no problem at all!"

I love that quote. Because it's so true. I don't know why I didn't go to my gf's place tonight. I must be nuts. So what, I get to party with you guys ha ha aahhhhhh

[snip]a lot of prayer. A good supportive woman is always a help. Any other tyoe is devastating.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I find that the best remedy for when I'm stressed is to go play with my grandbaby. Kids dont care about the same things that we grown ups get all tied in knots about- all they care about is that we love them and are taking time to spend with them. It only takes a very short time to leave all of your adult worries behind as you travel to Mars or have a tea party with princesses or have a light saber fight! When play time is over you can go back and look at your problems with fresh eyes and a renewed spirit. If that fails, go with [snip]every time!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

alcohol.. heathens..

I agree with you.

Fortunately single malt scotch isn't alcohol it is the nectar of the Gods.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
*** ATTENTION ***

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

Your post will be removed and you will be Post Banned at minimum.

You have been notified.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Stress is cumulative and kills you.. slowly. I dont drink and dont find that to be an adequate solution to stress anyway.. its more like running away. Escapism. HARD PLAY relieves stress for some of us. Completely pushing yourself physically. Intense physical sports is what does it for me.

Here I am stuck with an injury and cant train OR compete.. hell, I cant even walk down the street! Im an unhappy camper.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
drinking is okay for me, i just choose to stay away from it because of the after effects. I mean, after you drink and wake up, you still gotta go to work, right?

i tend to prefer comfort sex; two people getting together, just having a good time and releasing stress together.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Smoking do the trick for me.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
i come onto ats and look for your threads spartacus that video of woodland buming was priceless i am still laughing 5 minutes later who needs drink or [snip]

edit on 16-12-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

elevatedone
*** ATTENTION ***

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances: Due to abuse of the subject matter by some (promoting various aspects of personal use, and discussing actual personal use), no new topics on this subject are allowed in any form.

Your post will be removed and you will be Post Banned at minimum.

You have been notified.

Can we get another MOD to give this an off topic warning

Humor,

The best medicine for anything, unless you have had some sort of abdominal surgery or suffer in that region then laughter can be pain in the gut, pun intended,

Hey is that the correct way to use "pun"?

Talking to others, about nonsense to get your mind off whats stressing, like whats above, just mad rambling about nothing but something change ones mood.

These are little things that help me when I am stressed,

Its hard not to laugh when others around you are laughing, especially if have that goofy relative with either an insane laugh or just plain silly goofy laugh.

Talking my dogs to the park just after sun rise when the birds are singing and playing, the water sprinklers are on to water the grass and my dogs running up to the sprinklers and taking a bite out of the high pressure water spraying the field is my heaven, I let go and feel what it is to be alive in those moments.

What help me cope with the stresses of life?

All of the above and the realization and knowledge that are a billions out there that at one stage in their lives will be right where I am now, state of mind so to speak.

Everyone of us will stress with the difficulties of life,

Lifestyles vary so greatly on earth that I feel ashamed living with a roof over my head and being able to eat food of my choosing and also throw that food out if choose to because in my society its in abundance compared to other societies that do not have what I do.

I feel ashamed to say that life is stressful knowing how others in other societies survive day to day or don't survive and die at much higher rates and younger ages than other societies do.

The truth helps me cope, I have much more than others so I need to make my worth worthy of those that might not have as much as I do.

Does that make sense?

Your thread has me thinking about too many issues Spartacus.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Mediation. Either a real period of time, delving in, possibly with theta or nature sounds. Or when I was upset and certainly couldn't meditate, before sleep, I just started asking questions of myself and Source, bringing the whole issues with family up and then had some answers and wonderful calm come over me, and was a couple more hours inspired. So it was almost meditation.

I will seek answers, and my mood is altered, things shift in a short period of time or instantly.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Oh and also a fag helps tons

When we get assaulted at work the "downtime" we are given afterwards is always a fag break

I love me fags.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

boymonkey74
Oh and also a fag helps tons

When we get assaulted at work the "downtime" we are given afterwards is always a fag break

I love me fags.

I love the English language and how it can be so expressive depending on the place it's spoken.

In the US, that would be taken quite differently.....idioms.....

edit on 13-12-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

When I re read it I thought "Oh dear" I think some folk in the states may take it the wrong way

Oh well I love both types
Iam not a ciggie though just love all humans

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join