It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the b string

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
i have a situation with my guitar that is reall really pissing off my ear and im about ready to
the thing. but i shouldn't because it's a limited model which i spent a lot of money on! here's my problem: when i tune my strings i use harmonics and depressing the 5th and the 9th frets. now when i play using the lower frets it sounds buetiful, but when i want to scale around up the neck anywhere past 7 on the b string it's more than slightly out of tune but not enough to rip the thing off and put on a new string (which ive tried). i have also set the intonation back and forth and for the life of me no matter which way i set it the sound is always FLAT! now here's the kicker: when i depress the string to sound a note obove the 7th fret the string rings with an out of tune harmonic sound ALL BY ITSELF!!!!! any help on this subject would be greatly appriciated because i have tried all the music shop tech's and they are baffled so im figuring my guitar is just
ed

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I've never head of one doing that before....I might think to ask a few players I know to think about this.....

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
i don't know that many players only about 200
they say the same thing just thought i'd take a jab here that's all

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
lol, I'm a music major...and know a lot of profesional instrument fixers, lol.......how far would you have to off-set your fingers to get the right pitch (in what direction...and specifically how many frets does this occur over?

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
My guitar used ot do that until i chaged strings from some cheap pink Ernie Balls to some cheap green Ernie Balls.

Not that i know many scales.

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
have you also tried putting this Q in some bands forums like urm U2 or Cky etc lots of music lovers and surley be able to help you out more if not already done so.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Hi invisable..
I am a player and have been for 25 years. In that time i have owned about 18 electrics. The problem you describe sounds like a slight warp in your neck. Intonation and new strings wont help, you need to have a guitar tech unscrew your headstock plate and either screw up or down the rod that runs the length of your neck.Have an actual guitar tech from a music store do this as it it touchy business and needs to be done by a pro.alot of midrange guitars can have this problem but this is unlikely to happen to say a gibson les paul as they are built to withstand warping in this manor.
Good luck.

P.S this type of repair for warping does not cost allot but be prepared to leave the guitar there for a couple of days, as it takes time to see if there is movement in the neck after the adjustment.
Parker

new topics

top topics

join