It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time for final exams. Anyone else pulling an all nighter and studying?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
It's that time of the year again for finals. After a few months of class, it comes down to these final few days. I only have 2 this week fortunately. (I had one delayed yesterday because of weather and it was moved to Thursday).

Anyone else going to be up all night and studying this week? Aside from studying, Im also randomly checking stuff on ATS, facebook, internet in general.

For those that have finals this week...good luck! (I know im going to need it in my Chemistry class)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

That's what I'm doing too only I slack off more

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Nawww... I'm just up cause I love ATS... Wait... that's too close to normal to be funny, huh? errr..

Okay, start over.

Yup... 3 finals tomorrow, with the first one in line coming at 8am. Lots of fun...with finishing still to do on term projects due at the same time.

The only saving grace here? My CIS final became a home-test online. Yeah.. really.. home final. That was one easy skate thanks to snow. I'm sure today will make up for that tho....

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

starwarsisreal

That's what I'm doing too only I slack off more

Lol. I did a good amount of slacking off until tonight. Plus I decided to throw a few beers into the mix since I finished one of those monster energy drinks from earlier.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Nawww... I'm just up cause I love ATS... Wait... that's too close to normal to be funny, huh? errr..

Okay, start over.

Yup... 3 finals tomorrow, with the first one in line coming at 8am. Lots of fun...with finishing still to do on term projects due at the same time.

The only saving grace here? My CIS final became a home-test online. Yeah.. really.. home final. That was one easy skate thanks to snow. I'm sure today will make up for that tho....

I got an 8am final coming on Thursday. Im probably going to get a couple hours of sleep tonight, but I may end up not sleeping at all tomorrow night for that. Kind of depends on how much sleep I get after Wednesdays final.

I wish I had a home final this time around. Mostly because of the weather in my area. Some of my friends that go to UNT (University of North Texas) are passing around an online petition around that asks for UNT to have their finals online because of icy roads. (There's still some schools closed around here from the ice). I believe the petition was just started earlier today, and it's near 5,000 signatures!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I guess you crammers don't know that cramming doesn't work. When I was studying for exams, I learned that your brain can only process about 2-3 hours of information at a time, then you need to go about your regular activities for the data to sink in, so to speak. Then after a reasonable break, say 3-5 hours, you can revisit the books. I applied this method and the results were that my grades were in the 90 percentile for all exams. Good luck and don't cram.
edit on 11-12-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

I don't know about anyone else but cramming wasn't it for me. Finishing term work was. I don't do cramming either. When I have studied, I've failed. No study, usually A. I figure I either know it or I don't. I leave some term work for last. That's my review.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

I second that! I once dropped a whole letter grade because of a bombed final. I had an A in the class until that.

Man I am glad I am done with that s%$&t!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I have two left but only next week.I have Philosophy due on Monday and Wisdom Literature due on Wednesday.

That's right folks, they are both take home exams!

edit on 11-12-2013 by palg1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm in the same boat as all of you...

My week of finals consists of stressing out, drinking coffee/redbull, and eating any easy to make processed food

Then when I finally sit down to study it consists of me staring at my textbook, re-reading each sentence 5-8 times because I can't comprehend what it means, then getting mad because I don't understand what's going which inevitably I resort to googling "finals memes" and then I spend approximately 1 hour reading every finals meme available...From there I go back to reading my textbook for about 15 minutes and then begin thinking about ways I could start up my own business and ditch this University life...

That pretty much sums up my finals week.

1 more exam and a final research paper tomorrow and then i'm done, wooo hooo

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

We didn't have the internet yet so no ATS.

Man, I remember those days!!!! My last fall semester, my last exam was on Thursday. After I finished, it seemed like I was the only one on campus!

A couple feet of snow, cold blowing, and I was mentally fatigued. An over 3 hr drive home to my parents house and it was bliss! Parents, friends, family, dogs, cats!

Merry Christmas and I pray you all have a happy break. You deserve it and need it!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Good luck to everyone taking exams!

I would like to introduce you to this Zen album on Youtube. It is great for relaxation and concentration.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Honestabe28

Then when I finally sit down to study it consists of me staring at my textbook, re-reading each sentence 5-8 times because I can't comprehend what it means, then getting mad because I don't understand what's going which inevitably I resort to googling "finals memes" and then I spend approximately 1 hour reading every finals meme available...From there I go back to reading my textbook for about 15 minutes and then begin thinking about ways I could start up my own business and ditch this University life...

I was studying for my final at 8am tomorrow, and ended up drinking some beer and wound up watching those "vines" clips on youtube. As for the final I had earlier today......um. I'll just say it's all up to supernatural powers....

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Finally it's over....for now. Just finished my last final and this is what I did right when I got home.

new topics

top topics

join