It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selfie's at a funeral

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
David Cameron joked about the selfie www.bbc.co.uk...

David Cameron has joked about posing for a "selfie" photograph at Nelson Mandela's memorial service.

The prime minister, US president Barack Obama and Danish leader Helle Thorning-Schmidt huddled together for the snap.

Asked about it at PM's questions, he joked that Mr Mandela had "brought people" together in life.

"So when a member of the Kinnock family (Denmark's PM is the former UK Labour leader's daughter-in-law) asked me... I thought it only polite to say yes."

Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt defends the Selfie www.dailymail.co.uk...

The Danish prime minister has defended snapping a controversial selfie with David Cameron and Barak Obama at Nelson Mandela's memorial service.
Helle Thorning-Schmidt said that the trio of world leaders were just 'having a bit of fun' and that taking the relaxed picture was in-keeping with the spirit of the event.

Jon Stewart commented on the selfie in the Daily Show www.breitbart.com... www.bt.dk...

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Obama was representing the United States at this event and he looked like a damn fool. A child who didn't have the attention span or the ability to distinguish a solemn event from play time later. I wish they'd caught the series where the Obamas actually ARE changing seats and the look on Michelle's mug during whatever exchange happened to cause the physical change.

He was disrespectful, unprofessional and came off like amateur hour again in a setting where there was 0 tolerance for it.

I'd give anything to have a PROFESSIONAL in that office next time. Not a wonder boy guard drop-out, or community organizer who 'made the big time'. I want a consummate professional who knows his job and gets it done. It's been TOO long since we had one to fit that description...and go figure. Our nation is in tatters after 12 years of absolute amateur leadership.

Bush Jr. left the United States in economic disaster, and it's not that easy task for Obama trying to fix it, especially when China continue their economic growth. It looks to me that the selfie is nothing but an innocent "We're just having a little fun at this very moment" photo. I have yet to see any rumor that mention "Obama have sexual relationship with another women than Obama's own wife" scandal. Bill Clinton first said he never had any sexual relationship with Monica Lewinsky, but later admitted he did. Bill Clinton's relationship with Monica Lewinsky is nothing compared to JFK's sexual relationships with plenty of other women than his own wife. JFK allegedly said that he suffered a migraine if he didn't have a girl everyday, and according to rumors, JFK also had a relationship with Marilyn Monroe, including during Hollywood parties. www.dailymail.co.uk... www.dailymail.co.uk... www.trutv.com...

Helle Thorning-Schmidt visited The White House in February 2012 www.whitehouse.gov...
Denmark and the United States always have a good relationship, since the Second World War were the Danish Minister for American Affairs Henrik Kaufmann signed a treaty in Washington that allowed the U.S. Military to make Bluie bases in Greenland and to take care of the defense of Greenland to prevent Hitler to use the North Atlantic islands as Nazi bases to invade Canada and the United States, the North Atlantic islands also had an important role as the ferry route for U.S. military bombers to support England in the war against Hitler's Germany.

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspyrosonic

I'm at a loss for where your reply is coming from on any of this, and I am trying. You cover Bush Jr, Clinton, Lewinsky, John F. Kennedy and more.

The thread, topic and my post in particular is about Barack Obama as the President now. It has nothing to really do with, let alone detail, the Presidencies of past men. I'm sure not going back to Kennedy to supply relativism for Obama.

I believe, personally, Obama made a fool of himself for lack of professionalism on any level and generally acting the class clown in a solemn ceremony where *HE* was 100% totally irrelevant while simply representing the people of the United States of America at the memorial for Nelson Mandela.

President Obama seems to have a chronic inability to remember....MOST of what he does *IS NOT* about him. It's about the nation, the image of America (which IS part of his duty to watch over) and how Americans are seen and perceived around the world. You know..leadership stuff. It's his weakest point, and what I was noting.

Lets keep on topic though, huh? I really don't want to take a trip through Presidential History to discuss one very specific and narrow failure of public conduct.
edit on 15-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Seems like Michelle is going to all Aunt Ehster on Barry.

posted on Dec, 16 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

You cover Bush Jr, Clinton, Lewinsky, John F. Kennedy and more.

The selfie of David Cameron, Helle Thorning-Schmidt and Obama is just an innocent photo, and I don't see why there should be any reason for all that hype surrounding this selfie, i find it ridiculous. You said that the United States is in tatters after 12 years of absolute amateur leadership, but you’re incorrect, as the presidents are not amateurs, they are professionals. Just because Bush Jr. left the United States in economic disaster it doesn’t necessarily mean that presidents are amateurs just because the economy doesn’t always go as we want it.

The thread, topic and my post in particular is about Barack Obama as the President now.

The title of this thread’s is “Selfie’s at a funeral”, but it’s not a funeral, but a memorial were people danced, smiled and had a good time together, so nope, the thread is not only about Obama, but just an innocent selfie of Helle Thorning-Schmidt, David Cameron and Obama.

I believe, personally, Obama made a fool of himself for lack of professionalism on any level and generally acting the class clown in a solemn ceremony where *HE* was 100% totally irrelevant while simply representing the people of the United States of America at the memorial for Nelson Mandela.

I believe any other president would have posed in that selfie, and as I said, Denmark have a good relationship with the United States since the Second World War, and have good relationship with England as well.

Lets keep on topic though, huh?

You need to go back and re-read were I said “It looks to me that the selfie is nothing but an innocent "We're just having a little fun at this very moment" photo”.

I really don't want to take a trip through Presidential History to discuss one very specific and narrow failure of public conduct.

I’m just saying that the selfie is an innocent photo of 3 leaders were Cameron and Obama do not necessarily share sexual relationship with that woman.

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
hollywoodlife.com...

When President Obama, 52, stood up to deliver his touching speech honoring the late Nelson Mandela, Michelle leaned in and chatted with Helle as well — so we know for certain there are no hard feelings.

After President Obama was done, he was spotted giving Helle, 46, a quick peck on the cheek and then kissing Michelle’s hand — how romantic!

www.businessinsider.com...

”Saturday Night Live" cast member Jay Pharoah opened this weekend's show with another spot-on Obama impression -- this time addressing multiple controversies that occurred at the memorial service for Nelson Mandela.

"I felt like Lemony Snicket, because I experienced a series of unfortunate events. First, I got roped into taking a selfie with the blonde, female Danish Prime Minister. Some people told me Michelle was angry at me for that, but I talked to her afterwards and I can assure you ... she was furious.”

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by myartisstrong

Obama should been whopping it up with a white women and laughing that's what Mandela was all about, being equal with the white's Colored and Black's. Everyone was so solemn, chute they won it should been happy, happy. I'm sure that's what Mandela would of wanted.

Check this out Link; www.liveleak.com...

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join