It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selfie's at a funeral

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by myartisstrong

How many times has Mandella died since he got out of prison?
I swear it's around five. Not to totally avoid mentioning the topic
even tho it would be appropriate and exactly what I am doing.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

randyvs

How many times has Mandella died since he got out of prison?
I swear it's around five. Not to totally avoid mentioning the topic
even tho it would be appropriate and exactly what I am doing.

Not to go too far off topic, but I mentioned the same exact thing....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am glad I am not alone in the craziness of that idea.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

>>> The last POTUS we had that took the job seriously was Bush 41. The ones since just keep getting worse and worse.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JHumm

And in the last pic it was quiet time for Barry , and looks like blondie is probably posting the pics from her phone to her Facebook page , or texting her friends that she got him in trouble and now has to sit next to Michelle and she's not as much fun ....

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I know they're supposed to be representing countries,for those of you who don't know, shes Helle Thorning-Schmidtm, Prime Minister of Denmark.
So, although they're supposed to be representing people,in a way they don't.
People represent themselver,through their actions. I can bet most of you wouldn't feel the same way if they saw a regular person doing this.

Shame on you Barack, shame on you Helle. Show some respect for your partners,for the occasion and for the honor and memory of the deceased(Mandela)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I actually watched a bit of the memorial and Obamas actions when disrespectful at best.

He paid no attention to the heartfelt speeches being given, the only time he did was to wave at the camera when all the shrieking sheeple saw him on the big screen (which interrupted anothers speech). He was only there for the attention, if he had the respect for Mandela that he claimed to have he would've STFU and listened to the gratitude being shown onstage.

I'm really beginning to dislike this POTUS, but don't tell Oprah because she'll think I'm racist.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I can also imagine the look on Julia Gillards face. How dare he.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Oh, that was a funeral for Nelson Mandela?
I thought it was a Barack Obama love fest, from what I heard on the MSM.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
It was all staged.

See? We're talking about a selfie and not the economy, foreign policy, ACA (otherwise known as the O-word according to MSNBC), NSA over-reach, unemployment. . . . . .

*Tin foil hat on snugly*

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I honestly don't have a problem with it, the funeral was supposed to be celebration of Mandela's life, with singing and dancing and laughter and joking. The sort of way he would have wanted to be remembered. Not just a bunch of po-faced people sitting around looking serious.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Funerals in Africa are traditionally more fun, song, smile and dancing events than in the North and West.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I think Mr Barry was drunk.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Another example of the media making something out of nothing, and the far right pouncing all over it. This was not technically a funeral; it was a memorial service. Mandela's body wasn't even at the event. A 4-hour memorial service in a football stadium, including music and dancing. If you look at other pictures of the service, lots of people were smiling, laughing, hugging, taking pics, etc. Though there were a few somber moments, it was generally a celebratory event.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

JHumm
I think that's what you don't get.

Oh, I get it but I'm not one to go overboard and sound all over the top melodramatic over his bad manners and poor judgement.

Hes the President not my savior nor does his action "Appalling or not " reflect on me or my loved ones nor those I respect and or admire. I don't have to take on their actions, I have enough to deal with in my own life.

edit on 11-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Disgrace....I actually felt uncomfortable for Michelle...

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Obama's next speech will be the old "I did not have sexual relations with that woman".

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
You know when something is just soooo wrong, bad and basically incredulous that it makes you sort of laugh?
Well, that was my 16 year old son's reaction when he saw the selfie broadcast on the news here in the UK.
Says it all really when a teenage boy knows this was just WRONG.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This is beyond inappropriate for the president of the USA to be taking "selfies" at Mandela's funeral, let alone laughing and obviously carrying on with this blonde woman. I can see Michelle Obama's look on her face and she agrees. This speaks volume to his character and is an embarrassment to the citizens of the USA as we are all thought the same as our leaders, so if our leaders are insensitive, then Americans are thought the same.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Questions were asked in The UK as to why President Obama was not invited to Prince William & Kate Middleton's wedding.
The consensus opinion was that you cannot invite an American President to a British high society function.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

alldaylong
The consensus opinion was that you cannot invite an American President to a British high society function.

To be honest, I can't imagine too many Americans caring about British 'high society'

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join