It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selfie's at a funeral

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I am not right wing or left wing, Dem or Repub, but it seems the left side always uses the "right wing" when they can't come up with a valid argument for anything. Especially since Obama has just about failed at most everything and been caught in so may lies (not like other's weren't, but he's just too self centered and narcissistic to care, because he's, well, Obama, God and rock star)

I have said it before, I will say it again. If the others around were laughing and dancing and singing, well, ok then, but they weren't. Say what you want about any Bill eyeballing her, but laughing and posing for selfies, no. It all boils down to the fact that Obama has no class and no respect for this country, it's citizens, or his wife. I have seen 2 years olds act better in church.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

opal13
I am not right wing or left wing, Dem or Repub, but it seems the left side always uses the "right wing" when they can't come up with a valid argument for anything. Especially since Obama has just about failed at most everything and been caught in so may lies (not like other's weren't, but he's just too self centered and narcissistic to care, because he's, well, Obama, God and rock star)

I have said it before, I will say it again. If the others around were laughing and dancing and singing, well, ok then, but they weren't. Say what you want about any Bill eyeballing her, but laughing and posing for selfies, no. It all boils down to the fact that Obama has no class and no respect for this country, it's citizens, or his wife. I have seen 2 years olds act better in church.

Exactly. The behavior is so absurd and inappropriate, it's not to be believed of any head of state. So either Obama is unfit to lead or he knows something we don't. I'm going with the latter. And I'll go out on a limb and suggest that he's smiling because there is something GOOD just around the corner. If you think about it, how could this series of photos get publicized if the all powerful Obama didn't want them to be?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

am not right wing or left wing, Dem or Repub...

There is something a miss when someone start a sentence with this...
(similar to im not racist but i hate...)

left side...can't come up with a valid argument...

For what exactly?

How the "im no right wing" seeing something that is not actually there?

Its pretty sad the right wing had to resort to picking on president for such petty thing(which might not even be the case).

One need to be biased in a certain political side in order to see things that are not there.

the left side always uses the "right wing" when they can't come up with a valid argument

Or maybe the right wing uses the "they are calling in right wing" in order to suppress that they hate the president but use this petty ordeal to bring it to fruition.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

There is something a miss when someone start a sentence with this... (similar to im not racist but i hate...)

How would a libertarian like me put it then?

I am pro-gun.
I am for the decriminalization of all drugs.
I am for a woman's right to choose, even though I think that late term abortion is murder.
I believe in balanced federal budgets.

I could go on.
What am I? Right wing or left wing?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

ltheghost
I blame that woman!! How dare she flirt with Obama in front of his wife at a funeral! The shame!!! You see in that last picture the seats were changed! But who cares Obama is just having fun! Second term aka NO F's given!

There's a time and place to have fun and I think that this was totally tasteless for someone who is President of the United States. At least his wife showed some compassion for the funeral.
edit on 12-12-2013 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Who do you hate more? Democrats or republican?

That will answer your question on which side you lean to.

Im not a democrat but ATS forcing me to pick side, my leanings are more liberal yet i have some conservative leanings as well.

Sadly i cant express my hate for democrats when 90% of the people here already doing just that and more, at the same time, the critics of the republicans here are few.

Thus all of my post on political forum will be left leaning(not gonna deny a bit).

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

luciddream
reply to post by opal13

am not right wing or left wing, Dem or Repub...

There is something a miss when someone start a sentence with this...
(similar to im not racist but i hate...)

Comparing a statement like "I'm not dem or repub" is not the same as "I'm not racist but I hate", but you can't even identify what you think is wrong with that statement. Maybe it's because you cannot wrap your own head about it? I am the same as opal13. I am not registered with either political party. I'm independent. There IS such a thing.

left side...can't come up with a valid argument...

For what exactly?

How the "im no right wing" seeing something that is not actually there?

Its pretty sad the right wing had to resort to picking on president for such petty thing(which might not even be the case).

One need to be biased in a certain political side in order to see things that are not there.

Because what opal remarked on is true though I suspect that she was specifically referring to this particular scenario. I see the left jumping all over the right when the right does something dumb and vice versa. Both do a rather crappy job at excusing these kind of gaffes. That's what makes them gaffes.

the left side always uses the "right wing" when they can't come up with a valid argument

Or maybe the right wing uses the "they are calling in right wing" in order to suppress that they hate the president but use this petty ordeal to bring it to fruition.

Have you never read any news article of specific political slant or some of the posts on these boards? The left does blame the right and vice versa. Here's just such an example for you. According to Jimmyx, if we find the president's behavior inappropriate, we must be right wing.

jimmyx

Swills
reply to post by khimbar

They're celebrating their leaders death, which is custom for them (so I hear) while Obama is flirting and taking selfies in front of his pissed off wife.

Apples and Oranges, but nice try.

as usual.....a right-wing interpretation...

I'd love to see the day where, if somebody doesn't like a politician's behavior such as this case, where they do not get accused of being the opposite political party. I'm not impressed with Obama either. I'm not a registered democrat or republic. Going ahead and stereotyping someone of a different opinion than you is never logical and never a valid argument.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Comparing a statement like "I'm not dem or repub" is not the same as "I'm not racist but I hate"

What the point of started a sentence like that anyway? going on the defensive? because you already have biased ideal?

am not registered with either political party. I'm independent. There IS such a thing.

There is such thing, how useful it it? in the end this party is just a slave to either left or right, whichever side it leans to most.

Have you never read any news article of specific political slant or some of the posts on these boards?

What are the ratio?

Do you want to check again on how much anti-obama/anti democrat/anti liberal thread compared to an anti republican thread? Its a landslide, you don't even need to count. Half of the top poster in these forums are republicans. Maybe you don't see it that way because you agree with them?

I'd love to see the day where, if somebody doesn't like a politician's behavior such as this case, where they do not get accused of being the opposite political party.

Oh you mean suggestion a idea that might be social gets you named Nazi communist that is out to destroy America?

Oh yeah im familiar with that.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This entire thread is a pretty good example of those people that have serious insecurity issues in their own relationships. Nice projecting...

Girls, boys, men, women, smile, laugh, talk, are happy to talk to someone else, even flirt lightly, every day. At work, out shopping, walking on the street, at parties, while driving... and you know what... it means nothing! It's part of what it is the be human. And just about everyone that does this (whether you believe me or not) is dedicated to their significant other more than they will ever know. I mean, the fact that this is happening in front of his wife, whatever it is (and I am in no way saying that it's flirting), should be a sign of the trust and security that they have.

The insecurity in a good bulk of you is showing itself so blatantly. Want to know how to push your partner away in an irreparable way... scrutinize and distrust without any evidence... like you've done here. Absolute pettiness.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

So, I posted in response to defend opal's position, gave example from this very thread as to a left-right finger pointing/stereotyping, and what did you do?

You attacked on the basis of political position, which is exactly why opal made a point about stating their political position in the first place. How often does it happen? Well, as someone who has actually taken statistics, I would say that happens about 80% of the time when a person is confronted with an oppositional view of their own.

"you must be a liberal", "you must be a progressive", "you must be a right winger", "you must be a neo-con", "you must be an obama lover".

See it way, way too much. But hey, you attacked me for my non-partisan position, assuming that any that are independent are slaves to the left or right. Cute.

Here's a list of logical fallacies for your future reference:

utminers.utep.edu...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Who do you hate more? Democrats or republican?

Since there is no real difference between them, I guess I hate them equally.

They all do what their masters tell them. Neither party is a friend of the common man.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Does that mean he is sleeping on the couch? LOL

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You know, that "woman" is the prime minister in denmark, married to Stephen Kinnoch, there is some really weird stuff about her in general..
edit on 12-12-2013 by danishtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
LOL, instead of Clinton, it will be Obama getting impeached; however, not because he pissed on the constitution, but moreover because he was flirting with the blond girl in the picture lol. Seems like in America we care more about sex than we do our liberties and constitution - backwards if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I can't remember any event having this many shots, and telling a story so perfectly. It's almost as if people where waiting for a narrative to unravel.

You can clearly see the dutch prime minister is in possession of the camera, and he is leaning in to go along with it. Her body language also seems much more engaging to me.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
You guys are just as much a part of the hype / manufactured outrage machine as the people you claim to question.

This wasn't a funeral. There was no body present. It was a memorial. People were dancing.

And so what it was a "selfie" World leaders take pictures with each other all of the time with each other at ACTUAL funerals. Because it was a "selfie" i.e. a picture you take of yourself, that makes it an outrage?
It's immature, in your minds only, because the media told you it is. Because the word "selfie" was born from the instagram/facebook generation.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

butcherguy

There is something a miss when someone start a sentence with this... (similar to im not racist but i hate...)

How would a libertarian like me put it then?

I am pro-gun.
I am for the decriminalization of all drugs.
I am for a woman's right to choose, even though I think that late term abortion is murder.
I believe in balanced federal budgets.

I could go on.
What am I? Right wing or left wing?

This is exactly my views on those subjects as well.

My primary concern is not Left vs. Right, it's Authoritarian vs. Libertarian....hence my reasons for disliking Obama, Bush, and TPTB. I'm happy to admit that I lean slightly to the Right for the reason (and only this reason) of fiscal conservancy.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by myartisstrong

Thats my primeminister
A hipster not connected to reality. Grapping any chance to enhance her scrapbook.
But i cant belive that this post made the top, how can this ever be a important subject for discussion on this site?
strange prioritys people have.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Looks like Michelle could've used her anger translator, Katendra. She just needs to make sure that being in South Africa she doesn't wind up getting a fake translator.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
My initial intention of this was to ask the question... is this acceptable? Was his representation of the Unites States acceptable? I know folks have said that it was supposed to be joyful occasion and that singing and dancing and having a good time was what was supposed to happen. I agree that at times it was just that. However the look on peoples faces around the Obamas suggests that at that point of the service nobody was singing and dancing. I did not want this to take a turn from the social aspect of the topic to a political aspect of it. I had a feeling it would probably end up this way due to the nature of this site, but I wasn't trying to offend either side. I figure we're all getting screwed and we're too busy arguing about weather its a phillips or a flat head.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join