It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selfie's at a funeral

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Aisling

I've been to many funerals over the span of my life, some of them culturally different than ones I am used to, and I cannot say that I have ever once witnessed a person cutting up and taking pictures of themselves and others during a service. I have however seen smiles and laughter AFTER a funeral, say at a dinner, or a relaxed gathering outside of a service, which I do believe would constitute as normal and respectful.

This wasn't at a funeral.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

You're right. This wasn't a funeral. It was a memorial event with a fair % of the world's heads of State memorializing one of the more respected and revered men in recent modern history.

Obama was representing the United States at this event and he looked like a damn fool. A child who didn't have the attention span or the ability to distinguish a solemn event from play time later. I wish they'd caught the series where the Obamas actually ARE changing seats and the look on Michelle's mug during whatever exchange happened to cause the physical change.

He was disrespectful, unprofessional and came off like amateur hour again in a setting where there was 0 tolerance for it.

I'd give anything to have a PROFESSIONAL in that office next time. Not a wonder boy guard drop-out, or community organizer who 'made the big time'. I want a consummate professional who knows his job and gets it done. It's been TOO long since we had one to fit that description...and go figure. Our nation is in tatters after 12 years of absolute amateur leadership.

Just over a decade...is what it took to sully over 200 years which came before ...just over 12 years of dumb and immature. I wonder how long it takes to recover from Obama and Bush's antics and damage done?
edit on 12-12-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Just remember: this was a 4-hour event, and these photos only represent a few moments of time. For all we know,the other 3 hours and 55 minutes, Obama sat there with a serious scowl on his face. Does that make you feel better?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I hear ya but.

Come on now when we look back over the Presidents preceding your 12 years we find a bunch of bunglers too. Lyndon Johnson lied about not sending 'American Boys 8 to 10 thousand miles away to fight a war Asian boys should fight for themselves' Then we have Nixon "I'm not a crook" Followed by Carter and the peanut gallery. Then along came Reagan with this trickle down economics and Iran Contra fiasco. Then Clinton with the effervescent Monica/Cigar sideshow antics and not to mention selling us out to China for pennies on the dollar.

Obama acts like a school boy retard. Seems par for the course if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yeah, they and their parties all just moronic puppets that the American people need to stop buying stock in.

They're fall guys for everyone to point fingers at and blame while the real architects of evil are behind the scenes literally getting away with murder and grand theft everything.

Btw, I've always like your avatars but that new once confuses me.
edit on 12-12-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

See that the hypocrisy i don't get on ATS, Presidents before have committed acts like this and much worse... but it is as somehow Obama is the first to do it(if this even was even inappropriate to start with).

I wonder how would people react if Obama actually had an Affair with an intern and invade 2 countries build on lies, i mean, peopl that are trying to smear him for petty things like this means he must be doing well.

___

is that your nose bleeding?

I know I know.. stories such as this hitting top topics will do that to a man!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
And that ladies and gentleman
Are non other then the danish prime minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt...

It don't make me a proud danish fella

edit on 12-12-2013 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
These people were also there. Are they also in the wrong?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

peopl that are trying to smear him for petty things like this means he must be doing well.

Not great by my estimation.
But the real troubles are down the road when more of his economic and foreign policy chickens come home to roost.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by darkbake

A woman being upset about the ridiculousness of her husband flirting openly right next to her, completely ignoring her as well as what was going on in the front has not one thing to do with wearing the pants in the family.

I do not wear the pants in mine, and I would be shooting daggers out of my eyes too if my husband acted like that! Funny thing though, mine wont... he has more respect than that.

respect? they sat there for approx. 4 hours! there were others throughout the stadium laughing and singing, and it was a memorial, not a funeral...and how are these pictures suppose to represent him "completely ignoring" Michele out of those 4 hours? just because nobody has a picture of your husband laughing it up with another woman doesn't mean it didn't happen. and maybe it might be a good idea to see if there are photos where YOU YOURSELF have been caught in a brief moment like this. isn't there something about "those that live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"? your haughty indignation belies your own personality
edit on 12-12-2013 by jimmyx because: adds

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

What you're implying is that ATS gave every single President of past a pass while only slamming Obama. Well, hate to tell ya but that's definitely false.

ATS'ers slam all presidents and politicians. No one is safe!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

luciddream

I wonder how would people react if Obama actually had an Affair with an intern and invade 2 countries build on lies, i mean, peopl that are trying to smear him for petty things like this means he must be doing well.

Oh, yeah, Obama's doing great!

Obama approval rating reaches lowest RCP average ever

dailycaller.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

khimbar
These people were also there. Are they also in the wrong?

WELL I NEVER!

How dare these Africans celebrate the memorial their way instead of the American way! We must teach them the proper way to do their Memorials!

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

They're celebrating their leaders death, which is custom for them (so I hear) while Obama is flirting and taking selfies in front of his pissed off wife.

Apples and Oranges, but nice try.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Swills
reply to post by khimbar

They're celebrating their leaders death, which is custom for them (so I hear) while Obama is flirting and taking selfies in front of his pissed off wife.

Apples and Oranges, but nice try.

He isn't taking the 'selfie', she is.

And how do you know they're flirting?

The funny thing is, if he'd refused to be in the picture with her I bet there would be a thread called 'Obama too vain to have his picture taken at funeral'. Even though it wasn't a funeral.
edit on k092512bamThu, 12 Dec 2013 09:25:54 -0600 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

We all perceive things differently and I'm seeing blatant flirting at a very inappropriate time. Flirting or not, it's all very inappropriate.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Obama is flirting and taking selfies..

How do you know he is flirting? You are looking at 5 secs worth of still images, could be anywhere in the 4 hours period.

which would be umm... 0.00035% of the entire event, conclsuoon? he was flirting? lmao

he is taking selfies? do you even know what a selfies are?

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Ha...Not like this hasn't happened before:

President Obama Shameless Flirtation Photos

sandrarose.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

See my post above.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Swills
reply to post by khimbar

We all perceive things differently and I'm seeing blatant flirting at a very inappropriate time. Flirting or not, it's all very inappropriate.

Blatant how and where?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join