It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must... Kill... Something!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Have you ever written out a long detailed thread with links and pictures, and just before you post it to the forum... It disappears!

This has happened to me many times... long detailed threads just vanish like a fart in the wind!

And all your left with is a shocked look on your face... and several curses under your breath

I HATE that!!

I've learned to save my writing during the process, but sometimes I forget... and all the work I put into my thread was lost to a stupid web page that "stopped responding"

and this thread is now the result of said situation...

SON OF A B&$%*%&$*%^#%!!!!

Sigh...

Thank god for beer
/end rant

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I feel for you, having had that happen to me too. One rule I'm trying to adhere to is right before clicking on the button to go live, that's when I highlight the um 'masterpiece' and right click to copy it. Then if it happens again, just paste it in again.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I feel your pain. I have had that happen a few times here and it makes me want to set fire to my PC, put it out, set it on fire again, scoop up the melted plastic and let the livestock next door use it as a litterbox.

Seriously.

Like you, I have started to save it more often, but I do forget from time to time and that is the only time it ever happens. It NEVER happens when you save it first.

I am convinced it is done on purpose. It lulls you into a sense of complacency, and a false sense of well being only to lower the boom on you out of the blue. You can almost hear a sinister laugh coming from your tower.

It's sick and it sucks.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Probably wouldn't have made sense anyway A.
Chalk it up to the universe is in control and none of us were really ready to hear it.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

It was a minecraft thread...

And im still gonna repost it... Just pisses me off that i probably won't remember everything i had in it

Sigh

Oh well... The beer fixed the urge to kill

edit on 11-12-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

edit on 12/11/2013 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Yeah, thats bad.. but nothing like when you have something written out and when you hit enter it doesnt all post. You scramble to add the text and anal retentive posters attack you for not adding text tothe vid.. and then your thread gets closed by some snotbag MOD ( I however came to like this particular mod over time regardless of this mods itchy trigger finger and almost feel bad about wishing a scorching case of genital warts on this mod for about a week) cause you didnt post the darn edit with the info fast enough!

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dont compose in the ATS box. Do it all on your word-document-note pad 1st. Compose it...save it...and then at the last minute...cut and paste it into ATS.

We all learn the hard way....but this is the best way to never lose what you compose due to something Internet related.

1. Compose it. Save it.
2. Cut it.
3. Paste it into ATS.

Done. No loss....

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I feel you, it has happened to me a couple of times. Until I learned to save my work before posting, and having a cold one nearby sure helped ease the pain. lol

This one's for you.

Cheer up, and enjoy your beer.

edit on 11/12/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/12/2013 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join