It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Member out of Control...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Can this guy get some help?

www.rawstory.com

A North Carolina Republican county commissioner who ran on a platform of small government and fiscal responsibility was arrested last week when police found him passed out in his vehicle in the middle of an intersection.

According to the Associated Press, this is Brian Berger’s fourth arrest on charges of driving under the influence, domestic violence or drug possession since being elected to the New Hanover County Board of Commissioners in 2010.

Around 12:45 a.m. on Friday, December 7, a woman in Wilmington, NC called 911 to report a vehicle sitting still in the middle of the street. The caller told police that she honked her horn and knocked on the window, but got no response.

I'm not going to say he is a representative of the Tea Party, but the guy is an elected official acting like a raving lunatic.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Wed Dec 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: fixed link, snipped HUGE quote, added tags

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Sound like a real Anthony Weiner...

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

LOL all Wiener did was send some pictures..this guy was ripping door handles off, getting crazy on governors and oh yeah...4 DUIs!!! But hey they voted him in...lol

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I probably have over three dozen cousins in North Carolina. That could have been any one of them on a Saturday night.

If I was in his county, I'd vote for him.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Holy Crap!!! LOL

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Small things. Republicans were pushing to get him out of office, and the article says he was a favorite of the Tea Party, it doesn't say he was a member. He may have been, but that information isn't supplied by the article.

A politician having serious personal problems. It's bad, of course, but it seems to be selectively condemned.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I'm not going to say he is a representative of the Tea Party, but the guy is an elected official acting like a raving lunatic.

Sure you are, its why you put it in your title.

Yes this man is a problem but the fact that your harping on any Tea Party affiliation shows how you are attempting to slander the movement.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookybelle

LOL what makes you think that...........
Its not that I think the Tea Party isn't a honorable group of people.....they just seem attract the crazies. LOL

But in this case, this guy is out of control.
edit on 10-12-2013 by ltheghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

ltheghost

LOL what makes you think that...........
Its not that I think the Tea Party isn't a honorable group of people.....they just seem attract the crazies. LOL

But in this case, this guy is out of control.
edit on 10-12-2013 by ltheghost because: (no reason given)

Why would you say that?

There are far more examples of democrats or republicans doing crazy stuff than there are of Tea Party people doing it. The reason people like yourself believe that crazies are attracted to the Tea Party is because of disingenuous titles like this one.

Belonging to the Tea Party is irrelevant to this man's behavior yet in the OP it is portrayed as a major factor, hence reinforcing the idea that people in the Tea Party movement are somehow more apt to weird or destructive behavior.

Its a clear attempt at slandering the movement.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

You know the Tea Party does it to itself every time. I don't even really have a beef with the Tea Party because anyone with any sense knows they are aren't serious. Ted Cruz will use you until your usefulness is over with and that's that. You can't really slander something that doesn't have a good reputation in the first place...lol

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ltheghost

I don't even really have a beef with the Tea Party because anyone with any sense knows they are aren't serious.
Yet Obama and the Democrat party say they are a serious threat to the government, they think they're serious.

Oh wait, you said only people without any sense think they're serious. Fine then, keep moving right along.

Speaking about serious, I was discussing ATS with another poster who was lamenting the fall in the quality of threads. I wonder what she meant.

edit on 11-12-2013 by charles1952 because: Capitalization and additional thought.

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I am sure this `gentlemen` is a very skilled campaigner in order to even get elected. He must of had to cover up a lot of crazy during his campaign. A person who is wild has been like that for most of their life. People just don`t start suddenly doing out of hand things. He must have a very long history of doing these kind of things. Seems as if the local GOP picked the wrong guy to support during the elections. They had damaged goods on their hands and did not know it until it was too late.

new topics

top topics

join