It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Senator Introduces Legislation To Nullify NSA.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Arizona Senator Introduces Legislation To Nullify NSA

by Michael Lotfi

An Arizona state senator has committed to take on the National Security Agency spy machine.

Sen. Kelli Ward announced Monday that she plans to introduce the Fourth Amendment Protection Act to stop her state from supporting the NSA in its unconstitutional spying.

Read more: benswann.com...
Follow us: @BenSwann_ on Twitter

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

While I view this as a step in the right direction, I am of the opinion that stronger measures must be taken. I think in the case of the NSA, an example must be made and legal precedent set. We need to know who exactly authorized the illegal activities and hold them accountable on a personal basis to send the message that if you give the order to grossly and unlawfully violate Americans Constitutional protections, you will face justice.

Additional legislation to prevent further infractions is great but I demand accountability for what has already happened as well.
edit on 10-12-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Maybe if a few (or all) of them lose their jobs,
a few might be inspired to write a book naming names.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

“I believe the number one priority for national security is defending and protecting the Constitution. Without that, the rest becomes irrelevant. There is no question that the NSA program, as it is now being run, violates the Fourth Amendment. This is a way to stop it.”

My hat is off to this lady and others that are willing to stand up for what is right, for us, American citizens.
And speak out against the NSA and their actions of unconstitutional snooping.

Hopefully, many more states will follow Arizona and Utah

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

whitewave
Maybe if a few (or all) of them lose their jobs,
a few might be inspired to write a book naming names.

And then hope IKEA makes a cheap line of airport furniture

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Change.org has a petition to try to get the state of Utah to turn off the water to the facility -

The new NSA data center in Utah requires 1.7 million gallons of water every single day to operate. Billions of 4th Amendment violations require massive super computers and the water to cool them.

That water is being supplied by the state of Utah.

Utah can turn it off.

Nothing in the Constitution requires a state to help the feds violate your rights. This is an undisputed principle known as the anti-commandeering doctrine - the states cannot be compelled to carry out federal acts, regulations, and the like.

www.change.org...

Creative - good to see people aware and fighting on some level anyway.
edit on 10-12-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

(post by stirling removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I guess Fienstein and the other NSA supporters will now attempt to scold the state legislators in Utah and Arizona about "endangering national security."Heh,cutting the NSA's data center's water nice touch.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Maluhia
Change.org has a petition to try to get the state of Utah to turn off the water to the facility -

The new NSA data center in Utah requires 1.7 million gallons of water every single day to operate. Billions of 4th Amendment violations require massive super computers and the water to cool them.

That water is being supplied by the state of Utah.

Utah can turn it off.

Nothing in the Constitution requires a state to help the feds violate your rights. This is an undisputed principle known as the anti-commandeering doctrine - the states cannot be compelled to carry out federal acts, regulations, and the like.

www.change.org...

Creative - good to see people aware and fighting on some level anyway.
edit on 10-12-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

Change.org has peoples best interests in mind I think but the reality is, they couldn't petition the grass to grow in June. Petitions don't work and they haven't for a long time. Real change comes from face to face opposition at every town, city and county meeting, it comes from demand, not from suggestion.

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

It simply won't happen. The main focus of the NSA has always been to figure out what, and how, E.B.E's communicate. I know, I know, that sounds tooooo way out there. But when you look at the origins of the NSA,
it's not that far fetched at all. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
If the local government in Utah shut off access to utilities for that big new building the NSA just built, that would help.

Some NSA Opponents Want to 'Nullify' Surveillance With State Law

The National Security Agency has an Achilles heel, according to some anti-surveillance activists. The key vulnerability, according to members of the OffNow coalition of advocacy groups: The electronic spy agency's reliance on local utilities.

The activists would like to turn off the water to the NSA's $1.5 billion Utah Data Center in Bluffdale, Utah, and at other facilities around the country. Dusting off the concept of "nullification," which historically referred to state attempts to block federal law, the coalition plans to push state laws to prohibit local authorities from cooperating with the NSA.

Draft state-level legislation called the Fourth Amendment Protection Act would – in theory – forbid local governments from providing services to federal agencies that collect electronic data from Americans without a personalized warrant.

This can work.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Getting rid of the NSA is not going to solve the overall problem.. We have so many alphabet agencies as it is that we have now moved on to the Cyrillic alphabet.

The chokepoint for these agencies is funding and that funding comes from not the agencies but the elected officials who like to tell the American public that we have to pass the bill in order for us to see what's in it.

posted on Dec, 11 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

And in a totally unrelated story, authorities have reported Sen. Kelli Ward, her entire extended family, friends, and Senate staff were killed immediately following her announcement in a tragic submarine v. Zamboni collision in the Utah desert. The medical examiner confirms they all died of natural cause consistent with group spontaneous human combustion and Polynesian Coral Snake bites. Officials immediately ruled out foul play.

top topics

join