It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen who killed 4, hurt 9 others in drunk driving just gets probation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Is there anyway to find the Judges name out and see his track record with juvenile offenders

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

MrN0th1ng
reply to post by buni11687

Is there anyway to find the Judges name out and see his track record with juvenile offenders

The judge is Jean Boyd, 323rd District of Tarrant County. To my knowledge, there's not a way for the general public to access a judges record. (ETA - Of course, all her records are saved, but I dont think regular Joe can go to the courthouse and just ask for them all. It may be possible with the help of an attorney.) Her term ends at the end of next year, and I have no idea if she's up for re-election then.

It seems the sheriff is also getting mad about her decision to. With the amount of attention on the judges decision, I wouldn't be surprised if more information starts leaking out in the near future.

Public Outrage Growing Over Teen Given Probation For Killing 4 In DWI Crash

“I don’t know how many years it has been since I have seen as strong of a reaction to a sentence as I have this,” says Tarrant County Sheriff Dee Anderson “I’ve been just bombarded by citizens that are outraged about what happened.”

“Here was an opportunity, an example if you will, to be made out of someone say we are going to show the world that this person is going to be held accountable – and now the message is but really, no” says Sheriff Anderson.

edit on 12-12-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
There are 2 villains here, the spoilt boy but more importantly the parents who have nurtured this life style he takes for granted, they are perhaps more guilty than him in some respects.

The fact that he has seen no prison time despite numerous other problems annoys me, any one of us would have been put straight in there but this boy has clout and privilege based upon wealth. Sigh, we say who other legal systems are corrupt in other countries, perhaps people should look at home first.

He should be doing time simply out of respect of the life time of damage he has done to numerous people, we MUST see justice to be done or the law is an arse. People may say that because of his privilege and wealth we should give him a chance because he could be an important person but so far he has shown no life skills that suggest he's a worthwhile human being nor of any decent education...He's a waster drunk and substance user and possible rapist if the 14yr old girl is 100% true.

And yes, if this had been a black kid he would have been in jail within seconds..

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
as so many people have pointed out - probation can lead to an indefinite cycle - and possibly will given this young mans conduct in the last 2 years

further - they may have kept their little idiot out of jail - but implications of their criminal defence " strategy " is going to bite back at the 13 [ unlucky ? ] civil suits that are sure to follow

posted on Dec, 12 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Wow, this has my blood boiling so bad!!!!!!!
Lets get the facts straight here:
- He drove a car (since age 11?): ILLEGAL
- He drinks a lot of alkohol as a minor: ILLEGAL
- He gets really drunk and high, takes his car and MURDERS 4 people and injures 9 other: REALLY ILLEGAL!!!
- He has e unconsious 14(!!!) year old girl in the passenger seat: REALLY SCREWED UP in many ways!
- He is CAUGHT doing these illegal activities.
- He is not given jailtime ONLY because his parents are really wealthy..

I mean I have known for years how corrupt this world is.. But every single day I see the system just getting worse and worse in every possible way. And this is really scary to me, it shows 100% clear as day that if you are super duper rich, the world is yours.. And Im SICK of it! Money is nothing. This guy (soulless piece of garbage) should be the one rotting in jail for eternity, not the potheads and all other bull# related convicts!

I really cant comment on stuff cus I just get carried away always looking at the bigger picture and how EVERY damn thing is connected. Lets hope we all understand this soon and have a mighty spiritual awakening so that every person on earth knows the difference between good and bad!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Essentially this Texas rich kid has been allowed to get by with manslaughter in Texas, the death penalty state, where poor kids caught with a joint get sentenced to life in prison.

In forty years they will probably elect him governor, and then he will go on to the white house.

The hypocrisy is FUBAB.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join